R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-16-2006, 01:35 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default T2 Vs. FT TC4 for sportsman club racing

Hey guys.

I am fairly new to TC racing. I have a FT TC4 that I have raced on carpet a little this year. I am getting ready for our club parking lot racing that will begin next month. For a sportsman class driver do you think the FT TC4 will be a competitive car. Most of the club will be running xray. I was hoping to run the TC4 because of the amount of parts I have for the car.

So my question is...For sportsman racing will the T2 make a big difference in competitiveness vs the FT TC4?

thanks
2001C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:43 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to ALBERTO Send a message via Yahoo to ALBERTO

ya better off asking which color would look good in the sky... Cause ya gunna get just as many different answers!!!! see what all the other guys are using at the track then make ya decision.. we all have diffent taste hence different answers
Old 02-16-2006, 02:56 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

understood.

Frankly, I have never heard someone say the FT TC4 could be competitive.
2001C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 02:57 PM   #4
Tech Elite

it all in the hands of the driver
Old 02-16-2006, 02:59 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

the FT TC4 is competitive. period. it all comes down to driving & tuning.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:03 PM   #6
Tech Adept

I've got a TC4 FT and its a good car. However...much though I hate to say it I would definately get the T2 now - just look at the snowbirds results for proof.

Having said that any new car is competetive today, so if you prefer the 'snappiness' of a shaft car like me the TC4 may be a better choice.
ralph_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:21 PM   #7
Tech Elite

i dont feel looking at any race where sponcered drivers are an example of whats good.... Hell If radio shack with there muti million dollars ask one of these drivers to drive one of there car.. does that make it fast or THE car to have??? Remember these guys are paid to drive these cars.... And they will change cars and quickly as we change underware, If sponcer had more money to play with
Old 02-16-2006, 03:37 PM   #8
Tech Adept

I am running a FTTC4 because I got a good deal on it. Everyday I think about getting a belt car. I have no real complaints about the TC4, still I may be happier with a T2. I wont know unless I try, right?

I have been looking at a TA05. For $150 I could try a car that those who drive it are raving about. Same people who are using it over their 415msx.
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:10 PM   #9
Tech Addict

I am not a factory driver nor am I a paid driver I would consider myself an average driver and have runn assoc cars (TC3 and TC4)since the TC3 came out with the exception of running a Losi xxxs for a year and that was a mistake.
However back in november I switched to a FK05 and it was amazing how much my lap times and consistancy improved I would have never of believed it but the results speak for themselves!!
Every year I am a C or D main driver at the Jan Jam at Rc madness in 19t sedan I always had hopes of at least making the B each year I practice by running as many club races as I can even with a new car last year (the TC4)all I could do was win the C main witch was a accomplishment dont get me wrong and I was happy with it.
This year I made the A and finished third with the FK05.
At the club level I have been way faster and consistant with the Xray no doubt about it.
Jmccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:28 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Get a T2...don't waste you're time and money on a substandard product. (AE)

Hopefully AE will get it's crap together next time.

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:37 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Default tc3 then 04

my son who has raced carpet just this season was running a FT TC3. He would usually make it to the bottom of the C or mid C. We recently picked up a Xray O4. It immediately took a second off his lap times and he finished last week 2nd in the B main.

I ran the xray that night and there's a heck of a difference in how well the Xray handles compared to my Tc3. It was like the car is on rails.
chicagokenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:51 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I would not say the TC4 is a substandard product. The T2 is a car with a lot more development at events than the TC4 (the suspension has been worked on for a while). The only difference I see is the amount of "pro" drivers behind the wheel of a T2. Xray is out-testing and out developing Associated. If associated fielded a bigger team, that might be a different story. As far as performance I would not be able to give the nod to either or. All I know is that I've driven one since the beginning of the year and pretty much have the fastest car at my local track by a good bit. That would probably be the case with the xray as well, but I have always loved associated products.

And I know the TC4 has been out longer, but as far as testing hours go XRAY has leaps and bounds more man power and resources to do so. My advice would be go with the car that is most convenient to you. If the case is that everyone is running an xray and you want to have a lot of setup experience to pick from your fellow racers, then have that. If you want a challenge and want fo be different- pick the TC4. Either way both cars are equally capable (I know, that is what everyone tells everyone), all cars have very similar geometries that can be simulated/ developed in another chassis. It is just a matter of finding the right one.

With the new adjustable roll center cars, it is much harder to find a good setup. A car should technically work at all roll centers, once the proper combination of damping/ spring rate and weight distribution is found. The issue associated has presented itself with is the infinetely adjustable roll centers. Without a lot of testing-and with the constant changing of the roll centers, the perfect roll stiffness is yet to be achieved.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:19 AM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Sovitet buddy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
Get a T2...don't waste you're time and money on a substandard product. (AE)

Hopefully AE will get it's crap together next time.
that's a different tune. You were giving me a hard time sometime back. lol giggle...giggle.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:01 AM   #14
Tech Apprentice

I am wondering about the same thing also, except mine car is HPI PRO 4. The result doesn't lie, but I am wondering if the multi-flex and the adj. damping shocks features are effective or not on the T2.
thegreatimpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:05 AM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
that's a different tune. You were giving me a hard time sometime back. lol giggle...giggle.
Hey...at least I came to my senses (and admit it). I wish it wasn't true, however folks just seem to do better with the modern belt cars.

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote