Like Tree199Likes

XRAY T4'19 SPEC

Old 06-03-2019, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dvaid852456 View Post
Does anyone have a link for a T4 compatibility chart. I swear I saw one posted on either the '17, '18 or '19 threads but cannot find it anywhere?

It showed the required parts to upgrade the various chassis and backward compatibility.

Also if fitting the SLP shock towers on the '19, is the only option to drill holes for the pins or grind off the pins?

here you go:

https://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sh...?file_id=13332

another option to run SLP would be to use ‘18 or older upper clamps.
Lonestar likes this.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R Dodge View Post

here you go:

https://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sh...?file_id=13332

another option to run SLP would be to use ‘18 or older upper clamps.
That's brilliant, thanks. I notice the '17 motor mount plate is only compatible with the 17. But would it fit on the 18 and just mean you can't use the additional holes on the chassis. Like using a' 16 plate on a '17 chassis. Or do they simply not fit.

Could you use a' 19 motor mount and lay shaft holder on a '17 chassis? Is it the holes on the chassis that have moved 1mm inward or is the motor mount itself wider?

Last edited by dvaid852456; 06-04-2019 at 02:56 AM.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

That's brilliant, thanks. I notice the '17 motor mount plate is only compatible with the 17. But would it fit on the 18 and just mean you can't use the additional holes on the chassis. Like using a' 16 plate on a '17 chassis. Or do they simply not fit.

Could you use a' 19 motor mount and lay shaft holder on a '17 chassis? Is it the holes on the chassis that have moved 1mm inward or is the motor mount itself wider?
what r u trying to do? New motor mount on old chassis plate and SLP shocks on the 19????

why would you want to “upgrade” the motor mount? With a 17 chassis, you can’t use the new motor mount plate anyway. So just changing the mount without the new plate won’t make much difference. Just put 0.5mm shims under the top deck and call it done.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcguyfpr View Post
SLP shocks on a 19??????
Yes in the UK it is quite common even the top team drivers use the SLP shocks as they work better on bumpy surfaces
Old 06-04-2019, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcguyfpr View Post

what r u trying to do? New motor mount on old chassis plate and SLP shocks on the 19????

why would you want to “upgrade” the motor mount? With a 17 chassis, you can’t use the new motor mount plate anyway. So just changing the mount without the new plate won’t make much difference. Just put 0.5mm shims under the top deck and call it done.
Shims under the top deck are a pain in the preverbial. What I want is to economically upgrade a bargain of a 16 and take advantage of in line flex of the 17, SLP shocks for bumpy UK tracks and zero top deck interference with 19 motor mount and lay shaft holder.
Old 06-04-2019, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

“Problem” with the motor mount is from either 17 or 18 it moved inboard by ~1mm. The mount itself fits, but the alignment of the button head holding the T piece is out of whack.

and then with the 18 I think it moved backwards ever so slightly. Also, when the number of flex holes increased the relative locations shifted.

If you get a custom chassis made up by someone like BezerkRC you will be able to do as you are trying to.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cplus View Post
“Problem” with the motor mount is from either 17 or 18 it moved inboard by ~1mm. The mount itself fits, but the alignment of the button head holding the T piece is out of whack.

and then with the 18 I think it moved backwards ever so slightly. Also, when the number of flex holes increased the relative locations shifted.

If you get a custom chassis made up by someone like BezerkRC you will be able to do as you are trying to.

Ah okay, that makes sense thank you for replying . If the 16 motor mount won't fit the 17 motor plate and chassis I will bite the bullet and go for a 17 motor mount and plate.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
Who has tried the Rcmaker floating electronics side plate? I got one and haven’t tried it yet. I noticed it stiffened up center of chassis a bit when I mounted it. I wonder if I can get away with not using the center CF chassis stiffener. I will try Saturday. We’ll see
let me know what you think about it, I'm really tempted to buy one

Originally Posted by JayL View Post
I know someone who RAN it....
well if he ran it, I'm guessing he obviously didn't like it, can you elaborate what he didn't like about it
Old 06-10-2019, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ah okay, that makes sense thank you for replying . If the 16 motor mount won't fit the 17 motor plate and chassis I will bite the bullet and go for a 17 motor mount and plate.
The 16 motor mount and plate will fit the 17 chassis okay. The hole spacing and motor position only changed for the 18.

16 & 17 are compatible.
18 & 19 are compatible.
dvaid852456 likes this.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thought I had posted but looks like not...

more Q's on flex/chassis:
- what are you guys using as 6mm shim to raise the center carbon stiffener? Couldn't find 6mm shims out of metal, I'm using plastic, but meh
- when are you guys using the front metal stiffener (the one specific to the '19)
- anyone has a good rule of thumb on when to use how many screws under the motor mounts?

Thanks

Paul
Old 06-20-2019, 01:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post

- what are you guys using as 6mm shim to raise the center carbon stiffener? Couldn't find 6mm shims out of metal, I'm using plastic, but meh
- when are you guys using the front metal stiffener (the one specific to the '19)
- anyone has a good rule of thumb on when to use how many screws under the motor mounts?

Thanks

Paul
- Xray XR303128-K or 3x2mm shims
- I’ve not really seen used much. It gives slightly more turn-in but less mid corner.
- Less screws gives more rear grip especially mid corner, more screws gives opposite effect.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks

Paul
Originally Posted by Daffs View Post

- I’ve not really seen used much. It gives slightly more turn-in but less mid corner.
- Less screws gives more rear grip especially mid corner, more screws gives opposite effect.
I would agree with everything Daffs said, except the motor mount tuning. I think this setting can be situational depending on the track conditions. I've only ever had 1 instance where adding screws to the motor mount made the car steer more. It was on a parking lot track in very cold temps with a hard tire, so grip was very low. Every other condition that I've been in has been opposite of Daffs' experience. Typically in my experience more screws or more rearward will increase stability and forward traction. The more forward the screws are or fewer screws used, the less stable the car will be. Most setups use holes 3 & 4 only, and I feel that is typically the best place to start. The good thing about this feature is that it's super quick and easy to make a change during a practice run to see how quantity/placement of screws can affect the balance. I actually keep a short flathead screw threaded into the unused threaded hole on the right side layshaft bulkhead so I can add a screw if I need it real quick before a qualifier.
nnick and Lonestar like this.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Daffs View Post

Thank you - hadn't spotted there were 6mm shims available.

I would agree with everything Daffs said, except the motor mount tuning. I think this setting can be situational depending on the track conditions. I've only ever had 1 instance where adding screws to the motor mount made the car steer more. It was on a parking lot track in very cold temps with a hard tire, so grip was very low. Every other condition that I've been in has been opposite of Daffs' experience. Typically in my experience more screws or more rearward will increase stability and forward traction. The more forward the screws are or fewer screws used, the less stable the car will be. Most setups use holes 3 & 4 only, and I feel that is typically the best place to start. The good thing about this feature is that it's super quick and easy to make a change during a practice run to see how quantity/placement of screws can affect the balance. I actually keep a short flathead screw threaded into the unused threaded hole on the right side layshaft bulkhead so I can add a screw if I need it real quick before a qualifier.
Thanks Robbie. great answer as usual. When you say 3 and 4, you count them from which end of the car please, front or rear? Thanks.

I think I will dedicate my next practice session to testing motor mount screw impact... because it doesn't seem to be quite black or white, this area, really...

Thanks guys!

Paul
Old 06-21-2019, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Thank you - hadn't spotted there were 6mm shims available.

Thanks Robbie. great answer as usual. When you say 3 and 4, you count them from which end of the car please, front or rear? Thanks.

I think I will dedicate my next practice session to testing motor mount screw impact... because it doesn't seem to be quite black or white, this area, really...

Thanks guys!

Paul
Yes sir, front to back. They are numbered this way on the setup sheet also

Lonestar likes this.
Old 06-21-2019, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Yes sir, front to back. They are numbered this way on the setup sheet also

Thanks - sorry for missing this the first time around...

Paul

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service