Like Tree178Likes

XRAY T4'19 SPEC

Old 01-12-2019, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mracer1 View Post
Hi, could someone please post the 19 part # for the steering rack with the pushed in brgs? Want to upgrade my 18.
thanks
Mike
Mike,
Part # 302554-O

mracer1 likes this.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Team Speedy View Post
Mike,
Part # 302554-O
Thanks Team Speedy I guess I really had this wrong in my head, I thought the big issue of slop (at least for me) was in the steering rack and NOT on the steering posts where Xray has decided to add the bushing? I guess I'll try replacing the 2 brg's part #930306 Our track is really tight with unforgiving boards that don't tolerate contact well........ maybe I should just consider theses brg's consumable?
Old 01-13-2019, 11:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mracer1 View Post
Thanks Team Speedy I guess I really had this wrong in my head, I thought the big issue of slop (at least for me) was in the steering rack and NOT on the steering posts where Xray has decided to add the bushing? I guess I'll try replacing the 2 brg's part #930306 Our track is really tight with unforgiving boards that don't tolerate contact well........ maybe I should just consider theses brg's consumable?
The new steering rack does come with the bearings pressed in (in addition to the 302544-O bushings in the arms) however the part no. in my T4 19 manual seems to be the same as the old rack without the pressed in bearings - 302547-O. The new rack is shown halfway down the page here: Link
mracer1 likes this.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi!
I am completley new to the Xray familiy ;-)
Can someone tell me, which anti roll bars will fit from other brands?
best regards
Sebastian
Old 01-14-2019, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alecladanga View Post
The top deck is almost solid except for a few holes, there's no long vertical cut outs - very interesting!!!
If you are correct, 'aleclabanga', they are probably trying to fine tune the flex of that narrow chassis.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Does the aluminum kit come with the 1.6 topdeck?
Old 01-14-2019, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dun4sho View Post
Does the aluminum kit come with the 1.6 topdeck?
no all kits come with the 2.0 top deck.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1spunspur View Post
If you are correct, 'aleclabanga', they are probably trying to fine tune the flex of that narrow chassis.
Per Xray, it's now an option part.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darksoul666 View Post
Hi!
I am completley new to the Xray familiy ;-)
Can someone tell me, which anti roll bars will fit from other brands?
best regards
Sebastian
SMC has a line of sway bars specific to the T4 platform.
The yokomo BD9 sway bars area fit too per the side by side build review.
Arena also has sway bards specific to the T4.
Lonestar and darksoul666 like this.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hello Friends - small update from me, in case anyone cares... I have full torn the car down and rebuilt it, and haven't found anything as you might remember, so i was a bit nervous taking it back to the next race without any driving session in between. I'm happy to report that the car worked VERY well. I slapped on a Speed6 (and new tires...) for the first runs to be on the safe side, but could feel right away the car was good. As the grip came up and I was beginning to feel confident, I stifffened the rear springs, went to a TypeS, and could run the A with the big dawgs, and actually be quite competitive while feeling some immense pleasure driving it - even more so as the previous event was a total nightmare!

I guess we will never quite know what happened, eh? The car is now superb - as expected I had one racing buddy who was disappointed as he was hoping I'd ditch the car and he would purchase it for a silly low price (I do that sometimes... ) but it wasn't to happen.

Cheers all for the help, see you at the racetrack

Paul
dvaid852456 and antlockyer like this.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Hello Friends - small update from me, in case anyone cares... I have full torn the car down and rebuilt it, and haven't found anything as you might remember, so i was a bit nervous taking it back to the next race without any driving session in between. I'm happy to report that the car worked VERY well. I slapped on a Speed6 (and new tires...) for the first runs to be on the safe side, but could feel right away the car was good. As the grip came up and I was beginning to feel confident, I stifffened the rear springs, went to a TypeS, and could run the A with the big dawgs, and actually be quite competitive while feeling some immense pleasure driving it - even more so as the previous event was a total nightmare!

I guess we will never quite know what happened, eh? The car is now superb - as expected I had one racing buddy who was disappointed as he was hoping I'd ditch the car and he would purchase it for a silly low price (I do that sometimes... ) but it wasn't to happen.

Cheers all for the help, see you at the racetrack

Paul
Fantastic!
Lonestar likes this.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

wrong forum
Old 01-19-2019, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Speedy View Post
Mike,
Part # 302554-O
Wow - just added this spacer to the aluminum arms and it really fixes the slop in the arms ....... X Ray, what took you so long?
Old 01-19-2019, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I basically have little or no familiarity with the X-ray chassis but am curious about the SLP and ULP shocks. Assembled length for both? Spring chart? Etc. I tried calling Tamiya about the multitude of TRP shocks both regular and big bore. They had not a clue. The guy I spoke to sounded like Tommy Chong. He was pleasant but stated that they would have to build them in order to get a measurement. He said they would and then get back to me. Did I mention that it was like talking to Tommy Chong? Anyway maybe I can get some information here while I'm waiting.

Thanks
Old 01-19-2019, 03:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
I basically have little or no familiarity with the X-ray chassis but am curious about the SLP and ULP shocks. Assembled length for both? Spring chart? Etc. I tried calling Tamiya about the multitude of TRP shocks both regular and big bore. They had not a clue. The guy I spoke to sounded like Tommy Chong. He was pleasant but stated that they would have to build them in order to get a measurement. He said they would and then get back to me. Did I mention that it was like talking to Tommy Chong? Anyway maybe I can get some information here while I'm waiting.

Thanks
As far as Tamiya dampers go, the standard length TRF damper (42102, 42287, 84317) are 61.5mm long, the short damper (42273, TB Evo 6 dampers) are 57.5mm, and the SSBB (42305) are 54.5mm. This is based off my own TRF dampers and posts by kentech and TheRCRacer. I'm not familiar with the Xray dampers, but I think the SLP is supposed to be quite similar in size to the TRF SSBB dampers, so roughly 54mm. The ULP is stated to be 4mm shorter than the SLP, so around 50mm.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service