Send a message via MSN to ford_racing

RC model website does not like firefox, in IE it works fine
ford_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:02 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_racing
RC model website does not like firefox, in IE it works fine

i like harmony hobbies and rc shack. i haven;t purchased at harmony hobbies for almost 1 year though and i have stuck with rc shack for all this time. for these reasons;

rc shack:

-has excellent and prompt email service
-good delivery prices (ie they charge you what it costs them, no mark ups
-they can get almost anything. (first thing i have not been able to get from them is the CTX-D )
-they have good prices
-they don't screw you around!!!

their details are;
www.thercshack.com
email them if something isn't on the site.

harmony is via email only, but they are, i think, the biggest hobby shop in kowloon [email protected]. i visited harmony personally when on holidays and they were good to deal with.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:12 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

yes I have to say
HEC - Harmony Model Company is the best all around hobby shop to get your stuff from in HK
YOU CAN CALL 09174632746 OR 09175331943
please like us on FB - PITSHOP RC
pitshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 04:46 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitshop
yes I have to say
HEC - Harmony Model Company is the best all around hobby shop to get your stuff from in HK

what sort of stuff do they sell? electric, nitro, onroad, off road ?

do they have a website?
noobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 05:47 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Out of curiosity, what do you get from the HK places that you can't get locally?
Tacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 05:59 PM   #21
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma
Out of curiosity, what do you get from the HK places that you can't get locally?
Rare parts.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:28 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAsian
i'm not sure if i'd recommend them.... just be wary. But you do eventually get your stuff... So they're not ripping you off..
Yeah, except sometimes that new item you ordered arrives looking very second-hand

I've used both Precision and Hobbymania quite a bit - no problems with either.
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:52 PM   #23
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

It's best not to let one rotten apple to spoil the bunch.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:50 PM   #24
Tech Adept

I have had many issues with precisionrc .....i ordered from them 30$ in spares + shipping...i received only 1 diff gear (5$) ....emailed them many times but never had a reply ,maybe 25$ are not enough to have a reply .........no prob with Rcmart and Rcmushroom ...Rcmodel some times has no stock and you could wait a month or two before get your paied items... but they reply soon to mail and try ever to solve problems if u email them before pay your items to check stock avaibility u will have no problems.....
I love RcChamp in Japan ...very nice service and fast shipping (we are ordering 700$ in spares this week) ....for yokomo spares is the best ! !!!!
Both rainbowten and pro-s-futaba are great to deal with ...japanese shops are really better and professional ....

sorry for my bad eng ....
capellone24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 04:32 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by capellone24
I have had many issues with precisionrc .....i ordered from them 30$ in spares + shipping...i received only 1 diff gear (5$) ....emailed them many times but never had a reply ,maybe 25$ are not enough to have a reply .........no prob with Rcmart and Rcmushroom ...Rcmodel some times has no stock and you could wait a month or two before get your paied items... but they reply soon to mail and try ever to solve problems if u email them before pay your items to check stock avaibility u will have no problems.....
I love RcChamp in Japan ...very nice service and fast shipping (we are ordering 700$ in spares this week) ....for yokomo spares is the best ! !!!!
Both rainbowten and pro-s-futaba are great to deal with ...japanese shops are really better and professional ....

sorry for my bad eng ....
Your eng is good. Any adresses for us in Japan with onlineshops with English language?
Old 02-19-2006, 04:39 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma
Lots of stuff you can't buy locally and most parts are cheaper in Hongkong than in my LHS.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:04 AM   #27
Tech Regular

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
Lots of stuff you can't buy locally and most parts are cheaper in Hongkong than in my LHS.

also rc guys are nerds, and we like shopping on the computer, and too afraid to call up the LHS for availability of parts
XingXing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 05:24 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by XingXing
also rc guys are nerds, and we like shopping on the computer, and too afraid to call up the LHS for availability of parts
So true or are we too lazy to drive to our LHS?
Old 02-19-2006, 06:31 AM   #29
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
Your eng is good. Any adresses for us in Japan with onlineshops with English language?

Most Japanese shops don't have a site like HK shops with all the parts listed ....but if u email them they will reply to u faster than HK shop and the price are really really good ( u run a yokomo right?? an example:the SD00HG heavy duty arms from RCChamp costs 5.5$ in HK shops costs 8$ .....good saving if u order 6 bags...) try to mail [email protected] they have also a guy on MSN messanger ...ask for it ....he could tell you parts avaibility in real time .....
also www.pro-s-futaba.co.jp and www.rainbowten.co.jp are really good shop with great comunication and service ......all of them use Paypal to transfer funds ...
Bye!
capellone24 is offline   Reply With Quote