Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
FF03 vs FF EX vs VBC FF18 vs MTS FF V3 >

FF03 vs FF EX vs VBC FF18 vs MTS FF V3

FF03 vs FF EX vs VBC FF18 vs MTS FF V3

Old 06-26-2018, 09:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Default FF03 vs FF EX vs VBC FF18 vs MTS FF V3

I have come to the conclusion that I'm never going to win a touring car A final let alone qualify for one!! So I've decided with the rising costs of touring car chassis I'm going to concentrate on racing FF touring cars so that i enjoy my racing again.

I have a FF03R which is great fun to drive but im thinking about buying one of the newer FF chassis, what are peoples thoughts on the current FF's available?

I've searched for information on the Sakura FF EX but not really found anything, there is information on the other makes but would be nice to have some opinions from people that have maybe raced different FF chassis or raced against other FF chassis with theirs.

I race 17.5 blinky class on out door tarmac tracks.

I look forward the replys.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I have fun running my MTS FFv3 against the 4WD TC cars running in USGT. I don't have the overall speed as a dedicated TC but it's alot of fun battling since the cars have different strengths in different areas
Old 06-26-2018, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

FF03 is the most common FF FWD chassi you can find parts everywhere but at my taste the car have toomuch plastic and the stock chassi do banana with the time... if you want a competitive FF03 you do put the price of the car in hop up...

3racing FF-EX I never drive one but one of my friend had a 3racing sakura drift car and the plastics and aluminum quality finish is not in my quality tolerence

VBC FF18 I had a VBCFF17 in the past and the car was way faster than all my FF03 I own... and now I have a FF18 and he is faster than my old FF17
-better drivetrain ( VBC sedan diff )
-better suspension geometry
-better shocks
-more narrow than the Ff17
-awesome corner speed
My fastest FF FWD ever !

MTS FFv3 in the past I own the MTS FF pro ( V1) the car come premount but you need to do a little overhaul to do the car fast and the car is fast !!!... my 2nd fastest FWD I own

the V3 seems to be very fast with the new torsen bar system agains the std swaybar system BUT the car seems to be fragile and the parts are hard to find at low price like VBC and Tamiya . I probably buy one but the price of the parts with the shipping is ridiculous for me this is why I do a winner moove with VBC !

the secret for fwd racing is weight and weight transfert just play with your electronic layout and the car can change alot !

FF FWD racing FTW !!!!!

for the body I suggest you the tamiya Golf24 or Montech WR4 or WR1 they are for me the fastest body

https://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost.php?p=15251165&postcount=143

Last edited by Quinny45; 06-26-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

How do you likes the sway bars on the MTS ?
I m interested to try this ff-v3 vs my vbc but the steering block issue is stopping me....

we run this 21.5 with usgt tires and FWD bodies !