R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-23-2008, 10:12 PM   #1456
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
lotus1 - We are still a while from the release of the new car but I will say that only the universals, wheel hexes, upper front bumper/body posts and foam front bumper are the same. EVERYTHING else on the car is new and hopefully good enough to bring us to the front of the TC market with performance, price, durability. All with having a completely different look on the bench which should give everyone a break from just another Tamiya/HB/Xray copy.

The charity race in Hong Kong was amazing this weekend with limited practice and racing but it was complete with all sorts of extra events including having a live performance by a Hong Kong/China pop star and even Mr. Scotty Ernst was introduced by 2007 Ms. Hong Kong. It was a great event for spectators and the sport there. They are talking about holding a yearly event like it. Definatly something I would like to attend again. Thanks to Vincent, Frank, Dr. Wong, Scotty and everyone involved with the event for a great show!!

Now, as far as the prototype - minimal hicups with slight tolerances with molds. Otherwise, the car went together great and really fast (completely built with electronics and ready to race in under 5 hours). I have a few things to test and make minor adjustments to shock tower positions and top decks (testing flex for rubber tires) but other than that I am super happy with the car. At the race here in HK, I screwed up and tried to put on a good show with David Jun but a last lap tangle (David did wait some but it was just wrong place/wrong time) cost me the first A-Main and the second I had a 2+ lead when I crashed trying to lap some traffic and pulled the ball stud out of the front a-arm (mechanic's error as the screw was way too short to hold the bottom of the shock on). The last final, I was able to win by a few seconds and give myself a 2nd place finish overall behind Tamiya's David Jun.

I tested so many things it's crazy that I was actually able to run through as much stuff as I did. We've got a good base set-up now to do some final testing before production....

Well, time to finish packing and head to the airport. Chicago then Detroit.... Then Cleveland!!.... See everyone at the Champs on Tuesday and Wednesday!!!
Did you get my PM? Good luck at the champs bro.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:17 PM   #1457
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

From what I hear,the local HB driver wants it back because you drive it like a girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
The new car is bad azz. I will be putting my HB down for this car.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:23 PM   #1458
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
From what I hear,the local HB driver wants it back because you drive it like a girl.
Can you call him the local HB if he still hasn't been able to place his first order......LOL
Old 11-23-2008, 11:41 PM   #1459
Tech Elite

Thanks Josh for the feed back.
Good luck at the Champs !
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #1460
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
lotus1 - We are still a while from the release of the new car but I will say that only the universals, wheel hexes, upper front bumper/body posts and foam front bumper are the same. EVERYTHING else on the car is new and hopefully good enough to bring us to the front of the TC market with performance, price, durability. All with having a completely different look on the bench which should give everyone a break from just another Tamiya/HB/Xray copy.

The charity race in Hong Kong was amazing this weekend with limited practice and racing but it was complete with all sorts of extra events including having a live performance by a Hong Kong/China pop star and even Mr. Scotty Ernst was introduced by 2007 Ms. Hong Kong. It was a great event for spectators and the sport there. They are talking about holding a yearly event like it. Definatly something I would like to attend again. Thanks to Vincent, Frank, Dr. Wong, Scotty and everyone involved with the event for a great show!!

Now, as far as the prototype - minimal hicups with slight tolerances with molds. Otherwise, the car went together great and really fast (completely built with electronics and ready to race in under 5 hours). I have a few things to test and make minor adjustments to shock tower positions and top decks (testing flex for rubber tires) but other than that I am super happy with the car. At the race here in HK, I screwed up and tried to put on a good show with David Jun but a last lap tangle (David did wait some but it was just wrong place/wrong time) cost me the first A-Main and the second I had a 2+ lead when I crashed trying to lap some traffic and pulled the ball stud out of the front a-arm (mechanic's error as the screw was way too short to hold the bottom of the shock on). The last final, I was able to win by a few seconds and give myself a 2nd place finish overall behind Tamiya's David Jun.

I tested so many things it's crazy that I was actually able to run through as much stuff as I did. We've got a good base set-up now to do some final testing before production....

Well, time to finish packing and head to the airport. Chicago then Detroit.... Then Cleveland!!.... See everyone at the Champs on Tuesday and Wednesday!!!
Welcome back Josh! Sounds like it was a great event. Good luck at the Champs!

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:15 AM   #1461
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. Evans View Post
Welcome back Josh! Sounds like it was a great event. Good luck at the Champs!

You never called me back. Now I'm not buying your car.....
Old 11-24-2008, 03:04 PM   #1462
Tech Rookie

when is the release from the new Car ??

In Europe ?
Robitronic Scalpel
Scythe-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:19 PM   #1463
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

E.J., I'm looking at the setup sheet from the '08 ready race. Can you tell me what lbs rating the HPI pink and HPI blue shock springs are?

Thanks
Chris

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #1464
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to ERTRACHTER

i also ran the same springs and the pink spring is 18.0 lbs and the blue spring is 15.3 lbs hope this helps bud good luck
ASSOCIATED 12r5.1,REEDY MOTOR AND BATTERY, LRP SPEEDO,KIMBROUGH PRODUCTS,BIG DOG RACING,BELMONT R/C SPEEDSHOP, DENNIS LYMAN RACING, TEAM TOSO, TEAM FACTORY BITTER, SCHUUR SOLUTIONS, SIMMONS RACING, TEAM BOOZCRUZ
ERTRACHTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #1465
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERTRACHTER View Post
i also ran the same springs and the pink spring is 18.0 lbs and the blue spring is 15.3 lbs hope this helps bud good luck
Thanks thats what I needed. I'm using the Tamiya shocks and springs and needed the rating to match up.

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:07 PM   #1466
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Ary pics of the latest Scythe? Maybe some shots of the Cyrul Prototype?

Will SMC 5000 Lipo fit on the Scythe?

"Release the Kraken"
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:19 PM   #1467
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post

Seems like they are not releasing pics, you have to be at the track to see it only.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:55 AM   #1468
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post

The lipo will fit. I saw EJ run the car with smc lipo 5000
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:47 AM   #1469
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Congrats to Matt Dienes aka GOOP on his first National Title running the T.O.P. car
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:03 PM   #1470
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans

Congrats to Goop! I guess he got the TOP car figured out on foams. I'll ask him to post his setup.

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote