R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2008, 11:14 PM   #1216
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,996
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpg racer View Post
So to be honest, which would you choose Sosidge and why??? The Cyclone or the Scythe??? Which would be easier to setup, maintain and is quick right out of box without further upgrading or changing of component parts??

Sorry to the die hards of Scythe for bringing this question in a Scythe thread...
The Scythe uses all HB parts mostly anyways so you are going to be in the same boat parts wise. You are going to have to rely on over seas orders for parts with HB. Support is very poor in the US
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:08 AM   #1217
Tech Fanatic
 
Tpg racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
The Scythe uses all HB parts mostly anyways so you are going to be in the same boat parts wise. You are going to have to rely on over seas orders for parts with HB. Support is very poor in the US
Im from Malaysia... the parts support for both cars comes from the same shop... but now Im deciding which to get as I see there are some used cars for sale...

So gotta decide which to get....And to be honest I have no idea...
Tpg racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:15 AM   #1218
Tech Adept
 
Jamesalex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 185
Default

sosidge,

One other question for indoor racing what toe blocks and caster do you run?

Cheers
Jamesalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:16 AM   #1219
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesalex View Post
sosidge,

One other question for indoor racing what toe blocks and caster do you run?

Cheers
All standard except for the front-front block where I run 1.5 degrees, another move to try and smooth the front end out.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:28 AM   #1220
Tech Fanatic
 
Tpg racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 967
Default

Hey sosidge, for the older version of the Scythe is there any necessary upgrades needed for the car or the box stock version is already good enough???

If there are upgrades needed, what are those upgrades???
Tpg racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:05 AM   #1221
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,996
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpg racer View Post
Im from Malaysia... the parts support for both cars comes from the same shop... but now Im deciding which to get as I see there are some used cars for sale...

So gotta decide which to get....And to be honest I have no idea...
flip a coin or go with rock, paper, scissors...
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:30 PM   #1222
Tech Fanatic
 
Tpg racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
flip a coin or go with rock, paper, scissors...
Haha thats a nice one.... Care to answer my latest question above...
Tpg racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:03 PM   #1223
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpg racer View Post
Hey sosidge, for the older version of the Scythe is there any necessary upgrades needed for the car or the box stock version is already good enough???

If there are upgrades needed, what are those upgrades???
No, I would say that all versions of the Scythe are just fine out of the box. Options are only there for tuning, not for any reliability or durability concerns.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #1224
Tech Elite
 
chris moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Phx AZ
Posts: 3,780
Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpg racer View Post
Hey sosidge, for the older version of the Scythe is there any necessary upgrades needed for the car or the box stock version is already good enough???

If there are upgrades needed, what are those upgrades???

My car I bought used from a racer here on the boards, originaly came with the gold anodized alm parts but was updated to the newer red ones before I bought it. Theres no diference in the parts other than the color. The only thing that you may want to upgrade to is the new thicker dogbones, thats one of the things I've been waiting on. Not a big deal but thay look like thay might be a bit less likely to bend than the older black ones.
__________________
Sponsered by:

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:19 PM   #1225
Tech Fanatic
 
Tpg racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
My car I bought used from a racer here on the boards, originaly came with the gold anodized alm parts but was updated to the newer red ones before I bought it. Theres no diference in the parts other than the color. The only thing that you may want to upgrade to is the new thicker dogbones, thats one of the things I've been waiting on. Not a big deal but thay look like thay might be a bit less likely to bend than the older black ones.
So it would still be alright for me to get the older version compared to the new version right?? It wouldnt make me outdated by a mile right... Hmmm i'm leaning towards the Scythe now...
Tpg racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:29 PM   #1226
Tech Elite
 
chris moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Phx AZ
Posts: 3,780
Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpg racer View Post
So it would still be alright for me to get the older version compared to the new version right?? It wouldnt make me outdated by a mile right... Hmmm i'm leaning towards the Scythe now...
I really don't think that you'd be at any disadvantage, but that will depend on the level of compitition in your area/track. I will say that I love all the steering that the scythe has, I started racing with 1/12 and this is the closest TC to that kind of steering I've found yet. There was a guy selling his car here on the boards recently, I think his asking price was under $200 but not sure if he still has it or not.
__________________
Sponsered by:

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:33 PM   #1227
Tech Addict
 
tim fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 526
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi all

Whats the Scythe like with rubber on carpet and is it lipo friendly?

Thanks
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:58 PM   #1228
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry View Post
Hi all

Whats the Scythe like with rubber on carpet and is it lipo friendly?

Thanks
It is a good rubber tyre car, I wouldn't say it is LiPo-UNfriendly but most packs probably won't go under the centre bulkhead so need to be fitted close to the chassis edge.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:09 PM   #1229
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,996
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpg racer View Post
Haha thats a nice one.... Care to answer my latest question above...
I don't run this car so I don't know what upgrades may or may not be needed.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:14 PM   #1230
Tech Addict
 
tim fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 526
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Ok fair enough. Where is the best place to buy as I see you are from the UK?
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***** SCYTHE red " IIC 2007" edition***** spy R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 12-01-2007 10:21 AM
"""NEW""" Collari .21 3 port buggy motor lc21-b3 goneRVing R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 12-20-2006 06:25 PM
STUFF FOR SALE """"LQQK """" EZRC R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 10-22-2006 09:49 PM
""" XRAY FK05 """ excellent cond/super clean/stock evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-29-2006 10:04 PM
New TEAM ASSOCIATED RC10L3 "Touring" pan car for sale. "TEAM VERSION" Ron Meloni R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-24-2003 03:37 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:51 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net