R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-16-2006, 03:47 AM   #46
Tech Regular

hi

just to let you know i have signed for TOP as there uk / european Factory driver

i have just got back from RND 1 of the British Indoor Winter Series in which the scyth took TQ and the back to back win powered by Team Almighty motors and Cells

if anyone has any questions dont hasitate to ask

thanks jimmy maddison
jimmy..maddison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:12 AM   #47
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Daddy Boomer

Congrats Jimmy
See you at the Novak race.
Boomer
Big Daddy Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:40 AM   #48
Tech Apprentice

we can get many parts from here.

http://www.racing11.net/shop/index.p...=23_28_106_107
initialrays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:03 AM   #49
Tech Apprentice

Full Line Alum Parts in Red Col.I am Loveing In!!!

http://www.racing11.net/shop/index.p...sort=1a&page=2

http://www.racing11.net/shop/index.p...sort=1a&page=3
initialrays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:54 AM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What are these cars actually like?. Ive heard they are pretty damned good as for as performance goes but are little hard to work on. As a chassis with the same driver would they be on par with the likes of the Cyclone, XRAY, Schumacher, Tamiya and Kyosho?
zacabrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:30 AM   #51
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No-one has an answer?, No-one has driven one of these things? I am looking to buy one but I want to make sure it is a decent car as I dont have a lot of money and therefore dont want to waste it. I notice it is almost a year old as well, will they bring out a new chassis soon or is TOP the kind of manufacturer that resists bringing out a ridiculuos amount of versions per year and rather gets the one they have right?
zacabrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:06 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Expect to see a lot more feedback on the TOP Scythe soon. They are getting their official release in the UK next week and there has been a fair bit of advance interest.

I was fortunate enough to help the UK distributors (Much-More UK) do some test runs on the car the other night. Parts quality is certainly there and the car is very adjustable.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:25 PM   #53
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Ali Graham Send a message via Yahoo to Ali Graham

Mine is going well at the moment and I am looking forward to gaining more knowledge of the car once the majority of the winter compeitions start. Should have the alu. bulkheads in the next day or 2 so I'm looking forward to trying them.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:50 PM   #54
Tech Regular

The car is very safe to drive it is very smooth at high speed with plenty of low speed bite, the car suits the uk tracks real well, lets hope to see some silver in the cabnet this winter, if any one wants any help please email me

while im on here i would just like to thank vincent at top racing for chosing me to run the car here in europe thank you

jimmy maddison

Top-racing
SY brand
Team Almighty
Muchmore
Novak
ING Racing
Parma
M-Race
jimmy..maddison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:08 AM   #55
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I had the opportunity to meet with Vincent this year at the TITC in Bangkok, he is a very friendly approachable guy, although i think he was scared to come out on the town with the Aussies.

Already been in contact with him regarding the 2007 race, and he sounds very keen to field a larger number of cars at the event.

Locally in NSW only a few of the cars are being driven, however the car seems to generate a ton of grip, and is very stable. ave not really seen one in Mod though, so will be interesting strapping a high powered BL in it to see the results on our tracks.

We generally run big events on low traction bumpy tracks, so should work well on our conditions.

A few guys are finding that the cars handling is not quite as smooth with all the alloy pieces installed, with good results coming from using all plastic apart from the bulkhead caps.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:15 PM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I am interested in seeing how the car does in mod foam on carpet. I hada chance to talk to vincent at the las vegas race and seemed pretty cool but i would like to get in contact with him on running one of these cars.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:57 AM   #57
Tech Regular

Hi
I tried the aluminium bulkheads out last night. I didn't "alloy" the entire car, just the front and rear upper and lower bulkheads, none of this centre malarky! I must say the difference is well worth the extra . To give you an idea, I run on a very small indoor carpet track. I was one of the first cars out in practice (with a 19T) and straight from the off, my vtec 24 tyres were squealing. I used the exact same additive technique, with the only difference being the bulkheads. The car was now incredible, no scrubbing of corner speed, more predictable grip, and no squealing!
To give the car a real test, I bolted in a low-wind mod motor, and the car handled it very well.
This was also my first time running a front diff in the car, and on a track this size (see attached pic, track layout is now different) it is really the only choice when running anything faster than a stock!
Overall I'm very happy with the car, and am looking forward to Carpet Masters next weekend

Old 10-28-2006, 06:34 AM   #58
Tech Regular

That is unless you break it.
Cheese Mobile!
JRXS_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:36 AM   #59
Tech Regular

Christoff, you drive a Losi, end off!!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 04:09 AM   #60
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

does anyone have experience running the scythe with a powerful mod motor such as a novak 4.5 brushless? im thinking of getting the scythe with full alloy spec
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote