Old 07-09-2018, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

No worries Tony... I like to help...
Old 07-09-2018, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bdmpastx
Damn, 6 lanes wide! Noice! I need to visit there again. Pics of the wheelchair ramp and stand please!
Wheelchair ramp is same ramp to walk up to the driver stand. Look to the far back wall and you will see the gradual incline ramp. Foot and wheelchair friendly. Track is I believe 110' x 60'. It is the IIC 2017 carpet and 2016 sub-floor. It is a new building and I believe has AC.

Originally Posted by TPhalen
The pit stop not only allows you a little break during your 15-minute main (or 10-minute main if you are a F2 driver), it also allows you to change your position on track, great if you are stuck in a heated battle or surrounded by traffic.

While some will argue that it does make it a little difficult to tell who's racing who on the track, the race director can get an idea based on track position, the scoring screen and the pit dots on the nose. Most love the pits simply because it does add a more authentic feel to the race.
I always liked the pit stops as an element of strategy. The old saying you can catch the car in front but passing is another thing. Pit stops add a strategy that regular racing does not. You can be a little faster than the cars in front but they are not going to just pull over and let you past so you dive in the pits. Same goes if they come up on you and they are a little faster. You can cleanly "defend" and it is up to the car behind if he wants to pit or not. Just like the under cut / over cut pit strategy in real F1 racing. I like for the 15 minute races that last pit by the 10 minute mark. We did that for the So Cal Scale series as we saw some would use the pit at the last minute to get there two pit stops so it showed they were leading most of the race so the announcer would call them as the leader to "call traffic" to let them by. Reality is the first ten minutes racing is battling with traffic and if you feel you are getting blocked, use your pit stops wisely. Guys who know they are truly a lap or two down on pace will usually (not always) give way to the leaders and the final 5 minutes is "heads up" racing where true positions can be called. Best part it seemed with 10 or 15 minute races is people seemed (most of the time) to start to realize you really can't win the race on the first lap in the first corner.

Hope to see the series prosper.

Panda
NutDriver likes this.

Last edited by Kevin CBR; 07-09-2018 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:33 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

question F1 rubber tires
what rubber tires brands is every one using on out door asphalt ? Thanks
Old 07-10-2018, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OVA
question F1 rubber tires
In the heat, I liked the Gravity best. But all I had were those and 71/72s. Seemed too hot for the Shimitzu 71/72. Going to be cooler at the first race.

Tamiya kit fronts and Ride XRs seem to be popular too.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
question F1 rubber tires
Each track is a little different so same goes for tires. After traveling to different tracks much depends on the type of asphalt and what is sprayed on it... but all the tires mentioned by Ken are a good start.

Originally Posted by KenGerb
In the heat, I liked the Gravity best. But all I had were those and 71/72s. Seemed too hot for the Shimitzu 71/72. Going to be cooler at the first race.

Tamiya kit fronts and Ride XRs seem to be popular too.
I'm told the Gravity tires, Ride GRX and Hudy F1 tires are all the same, seemed to work the same to me.
Hope we can all do another F1 practice at Cal this month. Last week was a lot of fun!
Old 07-11-2018, 01:31 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I am going to start with Gravity cuz this weekend going to hot,,,TY Ken and Mike
Old 07-11-2018, 07:05 AM
Tech Regular

No worries OVA.

Mike, I've heard the same on those tires. I believe Tamiya TCS and CRC are Shimitzu 571/572 as well.

I'm in for another practice day for sure. What works best for everyone, Saturdays or Sundays?
Old 07-11-2018, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

No worries OVA.

Mike, I've heard the same on those tires. I believe Tamiya TCS and CRC are Shimitzu 571/572 as well.

I'm in for another practice day for sure. What works best for everyone, Saturdays or Sundays?
I'll vote Saturday since Sundays are the popular race days it seems.

Also like to repeat what Panda mentioned, the pit stops, when completed by the 10 minute mark made it so that it was heads up racing for the last 5 minutes.
Braaaap
I could also live without pit stops.
Either way, let's race all day instead of qualify all day.
Quick round of qualifiers, best 5 non consecutive laps, resort each main that you qualified for and will remain in ( A, B, C...) and points awarded for quickest of the round regardless of which main you are racing in all day.
If you smoke em from the B main, you're the man!

Also, could consider keeping 25.5 as the motor size for both classes since both of the tracks we're on for the season are relatively small and that is the motor size that the racing has been using here lately and everyone has em.
Just sayin
Again, don't really care either way
lagcisco likes this.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by F N CUDA

Also like to repeat what Panda mentioned, the pit stops, when completed by the 10 minute mark made it so that it was heads up racing for the last 5 minutes.
Braaaap
Quick round of qualifiers, best 5 non consecutive laps, resort each main that you qualified for and will remain in ( A, B, C...) and points awarded for quickest of the round regardless of which main you are racing in all day.

Also, could consider keeping 25.5 as the motor size for both classes since both of the tracks we're on for the season are relatively small and that is the motor size that the racing has been using here lately and everyone has em.
Just sayin

Craig,

I believe that the rules now for pit stops in both classes already say stops must be complete so the last 5 minutes is heads up... Big must...

You can run 25.5 in F1 if you want, just a 21.5 max. This is probably more for when it expands to other tracks locally and around the country.Cam and SCS will probably need 21.5s.

Saturdays are a better option for sure. Open practice all day. That will probably be a normal $10 practice day. If it's too hot, could be a late afternoon/evening thing. Maybe some controlled practice in case of other cars this time or mock heats just for fun.
AHR43 likes this.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Braaaap

Just sayin

I still think 15 minutes of heads up racing is better than 5 minutes haha.

Hey what about Wednesday nights at Cal instead? As for Saturday or Sunday- whichever day is coooler I am fine with.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MikeR
I still think 15 minutes of heads up racing is better than 5 minutes haha.

Hey what about Wednesday nights at Cal instead? As for Saturday or Sunday- whichever day is coooler I am fine with.
I like it!
How bout a day (or night) race, UF1 format, quick qualifiers and three 5 minute mains?
Would be awesome if RC racing in general started leaning toward this type of racing vs qualifying format.
jgroenhof likes this.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

I like it!
How bout a day (or night) race, UF1 format, quick qualifiers and three 5 minute mains?
Would be awesome if RC racing in general started leaning toward this type of racing vs qualifying format.

We'll see what Charlie can do for race days and formats. Offroad seems to do short qualys and longer mains. I'm all for that.

For practice days, if I am available and Charlie's good with it, I can open up. 28th looks like it might be a possibility.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

We'll see what Charlie can do for race days and formats. Offroad seems to do short qualys and longer mains. I'm all for that.

For practice days, if I am available and Charlie's good with it, I can open up. 28th looks like it might be a possibility.
Haven't heard of offroad doing short quals and longer mains other than OCRC doing two 4 minute quals and adding the extra 2 minutes to make 7 minute mains.
Kinda cool

They did AT ONE POINT try to go motocross style with a 5 minute open loop/qualifier for round one, using best 5 non consecutive laps to qualify then last 2 "motos" were run as motocross heats.
That was cool!
Problem was that some just didn't get it AND it was still A,B,C mains and no adjustments if B main may have had faster guys than A main etc..
The resort stuff was a hassle for the staff and some racers poo poo'd it so, back to qualifying all night and getting roughed up in a single main, same as the usual day of RC racing.

Maybe some day we'll get there.

BTW, when is the next OPEN practice day/night scheduled?
jgroenhof likes this.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah, I think OCRC is 4 min qualifier and 7 min mains now. That's probably where I saw it. I like the 3-4 min qualifier with 5 best laps as opposed to three consecutive. Then triple mains or just longer mains.

I am shooting for the Sat the 28th but need to confirm.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So what was the qualifying time to beat in order to be a F1 driver?

Asking for a friend. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.