Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
UF1 is Back In SoCal! >

UF1 is Back In SoCal!

Like Tree113Likes

UF1 is Back In SoCal!

Reply

Old 09-14-2018, 12:11 PM
  #136  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
240Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

2006 Tamiya releases F103GT
F1 Racers fondly recall the days of the F103 open wheel F1

2008
Tamiya F103 15'th anniversary available in stores
Many foam tires were chunked

2009
May: Charles Lightfoot introduces several radical series concepts such as a "96 min" series
June: Concept of an all F1 race birthed and scheduled for September @ BCR
August: Handful of people show up at Bending Corners all with F1 cars. Much fun was had.
September: BCR closes and Tamiya picks up the flag and opens up track for one day "Ultimate F1" race event allowing non-Tamiya F1 cars.
two basic classes:
  1. 17.5 motors with rubber tires
  2. Silver can on foam
    somehow much fun was had.

A short lived carpet track at OCRC draws in an enthusiastic “UF1” group.

2010
WCRC hosts first UF1 winter monthly series UF1.com published
Pit Shimizu tires introduced to USA market
First Summer series is run

2011
UF1 series races run world wide

2014
As with most series races, UF1 runs its course and attendance dwindles Substituted by “RC Scale Series” which also had a good run based on UF1 rules.

2018
September: UF1, the best club race format ever is revived
F N CUDA and KenGerb like this.
240Z is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:46 PM
  #137  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
TPhalen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,822
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 240Z View Post
2006 Tamiya releases F103GT
F1 Racers fondly recall the days of the F103 open wheel F1

2008
Tamiya F103 15'th anniversary available in stores
Many foam tires were chunked

2009
May: Charles Lightfoot introduces several radical series concepts such as a "96 min" series
June: Concept of an all F1 race birthed and scheduled for September @ BCR
August: Handful of people show up at Bending Corners all with F1 cars. Much fun was had.
September: BCR closes and Tamiya picks up the flag and opens up track for one day "Ultimate F1" race event allowing non-Tamiya F1 cars.
two basic classes:
  1. 17.5 motors with rubber tires
  2. Silver can on foam
    somehow much fun was had.

A short lived carpet track at OCRC draws in an enthusiastic “UF1” group.

2010
WCRC hosts first UF1 winter monthly series UF1.com published
Pit Shimizu tires introduced to USA market
First Summer series is run

2011
UF1 series races run world wide

2014
As with most series races, UF1 runs its course and attendance dwindles Substituted by “RC Scale Series” which also had a good run based on UF1 rules.

2018
September: UF1, the best club race format ever is revived
LOVE the timeline!

I've always been a huge fan of this amazing series the Mr. Lightfoot started. Lots of plans to keep it going and make it just as exciting as it once was!
KenGerb likes this.
TPhalen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:20 PM
  #138  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
KenGerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 172
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 240Z View Post
2018
September: UF1, the best club race format ever is revived
Best format ever that I've never raced. Going to be fun, looking forward to it.

From what I've read, most things are the same. Some a little different. Probably some adaptation yet to come as things progress, who knows. Be patient folks, and let's race!!!
KenGerb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:41 PM
  #139  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 3,617
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Looking forward to Sunday... It's been forever running this format... Can't wait...
TPhalen and KenGerb like this.
lightfoot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:23 PM
  #140  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
KenGerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 172
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default



I do believe I am ready...
MikeR, TPhalen, AHR43 and 1 others like this.
KenGerb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:56 PM
  #141  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (33)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,658
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Let's do the damn thing!

Like he said, "Make F1 great again"

Keep it simple, thinking too much makes my head hurt.
KenGerb likes this.
F N CUDA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 08:15 AM
  #142  
Tech Regular
 
AHR43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston, Texas USA
Posts: 252
Default

Good luck on your opening event, guys. Hope all goes smoothly and is well-attended and well-raced.
F N CUDA and KenGerb like this.
AHR43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 03:19 PM
  #143  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CHINO, CA
Posts: 117
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Anyone got a spare 25.5 to sell?

I haven't been racing much anymore but this series brings back good memories. Like Lyman pushing the rules to the limit with his homemade contraptions and Calvin crashing out as he always does.

B.
MikeR, F N CUDA and KenGerb like this.
back9monsta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:19 PM
  #144  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
KenGerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 172
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by back9monsta View Post
Anyone got a spare 25.5 to sell?

If haven't been racing much anymore but this series brings back good memories. Like Lyman pushing the rules to the limit with his homemade contraptions and Calvin crashing out as he always does.

B.
I nothing else, I'll have one you can borrow for sure if you're in need tomorrow.You never no, it might be for sell.

Last edited by KenGerb; 09-15-2018 at 08:27 PM.
KenGerb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:45 PM
  #145  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,187
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Great to see the pits full of F1 drivers today! Just like UF1 of old. I think having the F1 and F2 classes worked out well in bringing all levels of drivers out.
TPhalen and KenGerb like this.
MikeR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:50 PM
  #146  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 3,617
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

What a great day... sooo happy UF1 is back... had a blast... program went super smooth...
TPhalen and KenGerb like this.
lightfoot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:54 PM
  #147  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (33)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,658
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Great to see the pits full of F1 drivers today! Just like UF1 of old. I think having the F1 and F2 classes worked out well in bringing all levels of drivers out.
Originally Posted by lightfoot View Post
What a great day... sooo happy UF1 is back... had a blast... program went super smooth...
I'm pretty sure there were 32 F1's today.
How can you top that?
Today was awesome!
Some day, some how, club racing needs to take on this quick qualifying, multiple (3 or even just 2) mains format.
Regardless of which main you are in, you are racing all others in your class each round.
Our B Main winner (same guy all 3 rounds) was faster than all but one of the A main racers (same guy all 3 rounds), and was 2nd overall for the day!
He just had a rough qualifier but was by no means out of it for the day.
Race all day, not qualify all day!
Thanks Tony P. for gettin this fire lit again and thanks Sean P. for letting us take over TQ RC RACEWAY for round 1!!!!
F N CUDA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:42 AM
  #148  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
KenGerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 172
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Great to see the pits full of F1 drivers today! Just like UF1 of old. I think having the F1 and F2 classes worked out well in bringing all levels of drivers out.
Can't agree more. Fun racing all around...
TPhalen likes this.
KenGerb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:08 AM
  #149  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
BIREL8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lasvegas
Posts: 424
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

So happy UF1 has returned so strong. Now time to build a chassis for Cal.
TPhalen likes this.
BIREL8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:58 AM
  #150  
Tech Apprentice
 
GT CRUSING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 83
Default

Does anybody know how many throw outs go to the championship? This could make or break whether or not to even race the last 6 races if you missed the first one
GT CRUSING is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service