R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2006, 09:28 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 174
Default RDX, T2, 415MSX or Cyclone?

Hi I am planning to buy a belt TC but cannot decide which one? What are the pro and con of those i mention above. Thanks.
N15M0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:37 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
XMSRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 1,013
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to XMSRacing Send a message via Yahoo to XMSRacing
Default

Might help to add what your going to be running... foam/rubber, etc
XMSRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:10 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
alana07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: There
Posts: 1,814
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to alana07
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N15M0
Hi I am planning to buy a belt TC but cannot decide which one? What are the pro and con of those i mention above. Thanks.
any of those cars are capable of winning. just pick one which fits your budget and has the most parts support at your LHS....
__________________
没有最好,只有更好!!!
alana07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:22 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
Jochim_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CALI
Posts: 2,372
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alana07
any of those cars are capable of winning. just pick one which fits your budget and has the most parts support at your LHS....
Well if your looking to get one of this car forget the budget co'z this kits is $400 a pop. , All the of this car is top of the line and all capable of winning, It's just a matter of sticking to one a learn how to drive it. Goodluck!
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:28 PM   #5
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 667
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

What do the local stores in your area carry for cars and what kind of part support for each car, good thing to think about going foward.
corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:57 PM   #6
Tech Elite
 
Jochim_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CALI
Posts: 2,372
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Well for a foreign cars it's really hard for a LHS to carry parts for it. Best source of part is online.

But if you have car like losi and associated it's easy to get parts a LHS.
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:06 PM   #7
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 114
Default

Just look what car won the worlds.
And your decision is made for you
Simon A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:14 PM   #8
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon A
Just look what car won the worlds.
And your decision is made for you
Yes, let whatever company is willing to spend the most on advertising* to make the decision for you.

* All the cars you listed are capable of winning at any level in the right hands. The right hands at big races are guys who are driving cars made the companies willing to pay them the most money.

All four of the cars you listed can be competitive on asphalt. Only two of the cars you listed are considered good for carpet using parts available to the general public. T2 or RDX for carpet, any of the cars for asphalt.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:21 PM   #9
Tech Master
 
XrayFK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,463
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I run the Cyclone and it's the best car I've run. Part support is not great locally, but I can get all the HPI parts I need from tower.
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:41 PM   #10
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Yes, let whatever company is willing to spend the most on advertising* to make the decision for you.

* All the cars you listed are capable of winning at any level in the right hands. The right hands at big races are guys who are driving cars made the companies willing to pay them the most money.

All four of the cars you listed can be competitive on asphalt. Only two of the cars you listed are considered good for carpet using parts available to the general public. T2 or RDX for carpet, any of the cars for asphalt.
What does advertising have to do with it
The TRF was simply the fastest car.
And the MSX is very capable to win on carpet
The TRFMSX won the 2005 world indoor championships competing
against the RDX and the cyclone.
There are 3 cars in there own league at the moment that continue
to out perform every other car.
The Yokomo BD, Hot Bodies Cyclone and the Tamiya TRF 415MSX
Simon A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:54 PM   #11
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the beach australia
Posts: 707
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon A
What does advertising have to do with it
The TRF was simply the fastest car.
And the MSX is very capable to win on carpet
The TRFMSX won the 2005 world indoor championships competing
against the RDX and the cyclone.
There are 3 cars in there own league at the moment that continue
to out perform every other car.
The Yokomo BD, Hot Bodies Cyclone and the Tamiya TRF 415MSX
you do not believe the driver has anything to do with it? you might be a tamiya fan & thats ok but nobody i know goes out & buys a car just cause it one a big race. people usually buy a car cause they either like the brand or like the look of the car or it has good local part support, amogst other reason's

any car thats on the market atm is capable of winning. so wich leaves me to go out & run a MSX cause i might win the worlds this year
flysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:02 AM   #12
Tech Elite
 
WheelNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Edmonton, Ab
Posts: 3,210
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Yes, let whatever company is willing to spend the most on advertising* to make the decision for you.
I thought they raced with rubber tires, suspension and electric motors at the worlds, not magazine pages, so I suppose your wrong. I do agree with you to the extent that there is no best car out there though.

If you want to talk about what wins at the worlds anything in the A-main is more than capable. From there its mostly all driver. At the club level of course its all about the driver.
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:11 AM   #13
Tech Champion
 
ROBORAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: JP Raceway
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT
Default

thats a pretty tough choice to make given the options you mentioned. if youre talking of perfomance, all those cars are winners! so i guess it will come down to your budget, parts support, and personal preference(aesthtics).
__________________
[YOKOMO BD7][REEDY RACING][TEAM ORION]
[Sanwa][LRP][Protoform]

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:24 AM   #14
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysti
you do not believe the driver has anything to do with it? you might be a tamiya fan & thats ok but nobody i know goes out & buys a car just cause it one a big race. people usually buy a car cause they either like the brand or like the look of the car or it has good local part support, amogst other reason's

any car thats on the market atm is capable of winning. so wich leaves me to go out & run a MSX cause i might win the worlds this year
if a car won the world dont mean you will win the worlds with it, but it does prove it is a top of the line car, just gets confusing if you are new and not sure about which of the many cars to get. thats what led me to the tamiya, i never rated tamiya till i heard it was the WC, i always thought tamiya was just a toy - maybe steming from the cheaper stuff 15years ago
noobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:57 AM   #15
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysti
you do not believe the driver has anything to do with it? you might be a tamiya fan & thats ok but nobody i know goes out & buys a car just cause it one a big race. people usually buy a car cause they either like the brand or like the look of the car or it has good local part support, amogst other reason's

any car thats on the market atm is capable of winning. so wich leaves me to go out & run a MSX cause i might win the worlds this year
I agree with you alot there.
I mean im not really a die hard tamiya fan (I bought my new msx because it was on special!! ) But i do beleive that those 3 cars a mentioned are better than any on the market at the moment.
Simon A is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taking Time Off Sale: Cyclone,VTA Cyclone,M03 Mini Coopers,F201,12L,T3, LOTS of MISC bmr R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 82 03-09-2009 11:13 AM
TRF 415MSX Racers Concept Australia For Sale/Trade 9 11-07-2007 09:01 PM
Want to buy TRF 415MSX echo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 04-19-2007 09:21 PM
Yok BD vs HB Cyclone vs 415MSX VooDooPH Electric On-Road 14 08-15-2006 01:46 PM
415msx Team Kellner R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 02-25-2006 05:58 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:48 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net