Search
Like Tree219Likes

3racing Sakura FGX EVO

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 3racing Sakura FGX EVO

Just saw these pics from the 2018 Shizuoka Hobby Show in Japan. Just pics no info but apparently there's a new FGX coming soon. I hop they use better plastic on the A arms

jlfx car audio and s550v like this.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Did they ever sell a fully hop-up kit in the past?
Old 05-12-2018, 09:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

that looks freakishly good.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by texastc
Just saw these pics from the 2018 Shizuoka Hobby Show in Japan. Just pics no info but apparently there's a new FGX coming soon. I hop they use better plastic on the A arms
I hope they adjusted the high 2.71 internal ratio too. I think having an F1 car that models real F1 cars so closely is much cooler than the current F1 cars based on pan cars.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by longuylander
I hope they adjusted the high 2.71 internal ratio too. I think having an F1 car that models real F1 cars so closely is much cooler than the current F1 cars based on pan cars.
"https://www.facebook.com/jacky.lau.399/videos/1894928903865117/"
(please copy and paste into browser. For some reason, the link doesn't show up when I place as link)

In this video, the 3Racing owner shared some of the major improvements about the FGX EVO. The video is in Cantonese, but here are some of the main points:

- Kit comes with Ride tires
- 4 wheel independent suspension, friction dampers in front, oil dampers in rear (larger than last version)
- Front arms has FRP plates at the bottom for strength and durability
- New front wing material for increased durability
- Double bell crank steering similar to touring cars
- 10mm longer wheel base (lengthened in the motor area), which allows for larger range of gear ratio adjustment
- Adjustable front/rear camber, toe-in, caster
- Kit comes with pre-painted, pre-cut F1 body (clear body also available)
- Should be available around June
disaster999 and s550v like this.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What I don't get is that he said the kit comes with wheels and tires because he got feedback from owners thaf previous model was hard to buy wheels and tires for.

Why not fix the design so that it accepts the industry standard F1 wheels?
gigaplex and s550v like this.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by disaster999
What I don't get is that he said the kit comes with wheels and tires because he got feedback from owners thaf previous model was hard to buy wheels and tires for.

Why not fix the design so that it accepts the industry standard F1 wheels?
Because standart wheels don't provide enough space for rear suspension. So they chose "standard" from F201 and HPI F10.

So, gearing is unchanged and they just moved motor forward? Interesting choise..
Old 05-14-2018, 12:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

If they really wanted to update their car, I think they went in the wrong way :
- 10mm longer wheelbase : the previous car was already much longer than current pan-style F1 car and it was hard to turn in on small carpet track (outdoor, it would be better though).
- no use of standard F1 wheels : it would only be possible if they completely changed the rear bulkhead/suspension design. It is possible but as we can see, the aim of the evo is to use as much parts from the previous version as possible...
- no use of standard F1 wings

The platform is ideal to make it real, but they should have needed to work a little bit more to make it convenient with today's standards...moreover, the car will not be allowed in race such as ETS,... so if it is illegal, they could at least improve it much better to look like a real one with use of standard F1 parts such as tires and wings.
Airwave and DaSilva3525 like this.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

I'm still looking for a new F1 but I was hoping for bigger improvements with this car - still very interesting though. I'd love to race a proper F1 chassis.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:05 PM
Suspended

This is my Exotek FGX car. It was their showcase for all of their FGX parts. I found it fir sale on their clearance section. Unfortunately I have no track to run this on. But the next street over from my house was just repaved. It is a dead end street with a church and a small park. So I'm getting this thing ready to let rip for the first time on clean fresh asphalt. I built a lexan under tray with a diffuser to protect the irreplaceable chassis from errant rocks.

I am glad I have some new upgrades coming once the FGX EVO comes out. I think I will do a Ferrari paint job on the new EVO body I now want/need.

This is the body I have for it now when I wasn't finished with the detail work.

I made little lexan barge boards and side pod fences. Mainly to have proper places to put decals.

​​​​​​​The FGX is something way different, you have to appreciate it for what it is.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Hopefully Exotek would release again its conversion kit!
viking44 likes this.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Papi
Because standart wheels don't provide enough space for rear suspension. So they chose "standard" from F201 and HPI F10.

So, gearing is unchanged and they just moved motor forward? Interesting choise..
Providing a single set of wheels doesn't solve the problem. You still need to be able to buy replacements easily since tyres are a consumable item.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:00 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Providing a single set of wheels doesn't solve the problem. You still need to be able to buy replacements easily since tyres are a consumable item.
Ride made wheels for the original FGX. The HPI F-Ten uses the same wheels too. So there are a few options. Hopefully with the FGX EVO coming out Ride will make those wheels again.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

FGX EVO internal is now 2.0
s550v likes this.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone hear anything new on this? There is still nothing on their website.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.