Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Need Touring Car advice >

Need Touring Car advice

Like Tree19Likes

Need Touring Car advice

Old 04-24-2018, 08:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Need Touring Car advice

Hey you all I am about to get into so Touring car action but need some advice on whats good entry level i should be looking at thanks in advance.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gnova32 View Post
Hey you all I am about to get into so Touring car action but need some advice on whats good entry level i should be looking at thanks in advance.
what ever the local guys are running and parts support but with that being said I have an arc r10 2015 forsale pm me if interested and or if you have any more questions
Old 04-24-2018, 08:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What’s your plan for use? Racing or parking lot running, or a mix of both?
Old 04-24-2018, 08:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Racing just found track close by
Old 04-24-2018, 08:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ok. I and others would suggest going to see what’s run at the track. Probably find XRay very common. Associated, Serpent , Awesomatix, are higher end stuff. But used in the on road world is a great way to find deals.
There are lower budget SpecR, Sakura, BSR and others. All work. While I have higher end stuff I’ve chosen, so far, to race my low buck touring cars.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes i have seen the Sakura, BSR and the High end ones also and yes i have not issue with used I picked up a used yokomo buggy a while back and its still running strong.
Thanks for the advice i will be on the look out.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Destiny is an option as well. Just sold my 7.1 it was a good car, i drove it mainly on grey carpet, when i had it dialed it was amazing. Test drove someone's destiny and it drove a hair better than my 7.1, but then again it was a slower motor so, take that with a grain of salt.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Curious what surface your track is. Big diff between asphalt, grey or black carpet. Impacts your decision in my opinion.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

This is easy. With a new AE touring car in the future, many TC7.1s are on the market for prices that are very reasonable and include the popular options.

We Are Ninja and Antimullet like this.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Yes i have seen the Sakura ....
cant go wrong with the Sakura, competitive out of the box, all the upgrades you can dream of when you feel like upgrading, parts available from at least 3 usa distributors. Make sure to get the new NU version, small changes to suspension and includes swaybars.

3RACING XI SPORT NU

Old 05-22-2018, 09:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good call Rick
That car should sell for more, he's a Reedy Race Open Champ
Gotta be worth somthin
Old 05-22-2018, 12:07 PM
Bri
Tech Regular

+1 on the Sakura XI Sport NU. It's a great touring car with plenty of upgrade potential.

Best regards,
Brian
Old 05-22-2018, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

Being a fellow TC noobie.. I'd like to repeat what's already been said and add a bit to it. Go to the track and volunteer to be a turn marshal for the day and talk to the guys and see what everyone is racing. There's a lot to learn in terms of car set, optimal gearing, even tires and treatment that you will benefit from if you follow their lead. Also, when you break something (and you will) that you may not have a spare for, someone else at the track is bound to have the part you need to get you running for the day. If they are all running chassis out of your price range learn as much as you can about their setups and invest in a Sakura NU and just go ahead and buy 2 kits so you have spares of everything or another car for another class in the future.. I'm compulsive so in less than 2 months I've built 5 different cars for every possible class within a 2 hrs drive and can tell you the Sakura goes together well and tunes out easily with lots of upgrades available.

If you've already been racing RCs and are just joining the TC group well you have a head start at least on the driving.

Good Luck. Don't forget to check out the chassis specific threads here once you choose. Lots of valuable information to be absorbed here.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The BSR is a great choice. Dirt cheap and most Xray parts fit. Can be very competitive chassis to be sure.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Xpress XQ1S - Only "upgrades" that are required are anti roll bars. Best kit for the money right out of the box

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.