Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
RC12R6 servo alignment issues... NEED HELP! >

RC12R6 servo alignment issues... NEED HELP!

RC12R6 servo alignment issues... NEED HELP!

Old 04-20-2018, 10:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RC12R6 servo alignment issues... NEED HELP!

Currently building a RC12r6 and bought a savox 1250 servo for it as I have read this is a popular servo for 1:12. Upon the build the I noticed I wasnít able to center this servo. So I am not sure if it is the servo itself or if maybe I missed something along the way? The servo is maxed out on its side position ability on the mount brace. Also the servo case itself hits the suspension arm. Tried flipping the servo and same results...

anyone have ave experience with 1:12 and have some insight would definitely be appreciated!
Old 04-21-2018, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Codywayne View Post
Currently building a RC12r6 and bought a savox 1250 servo for it as I have read this is a popular servo for 1:12. Upon the build the I noticed I wasnít able to center this servo. So I am not sure if it is the servo itself or if maybe I missed something along the way? The servo is maxed out on its side position ability on the mount brace. Also the servo case itself hits the suspension arm. Tried flipping the servo and same results...

anyone have ave experience with 1:12 and have some insight would definitely be appreciated!
I just installed the same servo into the same car earlier today. I had to grind the screw slot wider to slide it further across. I also had to mount the servo behind the posts as the servo hit the front lower arm mount.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Donít have r6 but do have one of those in an xray. Could just cut off lower servo mount hole (on the servo) ..just secured w top two screws is fine. Also...could sand of a few tenths from the case on that side and widen the mount whole (on the servo, again) inward.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JeffofSpace View Post
Donít have r6 but do have one of those in an xray. Could just cut off lower servo mount hole (on the servo) ..just secured w top two screws is fine. Also...could sand of a few tenths from the case on that side and widen the mount whole (on the servo, again) inward.
Cutting off the ear won't help it fit in an R6, but widening the holes on the servo might help.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Ah, thanks for the correction👍
Old 04-22-2018, 09:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Grind the suspension arm, grind a bit of the servo case a cut the slot further, it will do the job.