Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Glamis Fear fix/upgrade > Glamis Fear fix/upgrade

Glamis Fear fix/upgrade

Old 04-14-2018, 04:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Glamis Fear fix/upgrade

Hi, i am fixing my glamis fear's motor that started smoking a while back. So i have been looking at motors it currently has a Fear 4 pole 3300kv motor and was wondering if i should by the same one or an upgrade. I have been looking av a couple a 4800kv and one 6800 kv, i am not good with the technical stuff so i am unsure of the outcome of I buy one of these. And I was also wondering of any of you think there might be a problem with something else than the motor.

what happened was that a friend of mine was was driving about and it flipped over without me not realising and he kept the throttle at full with the car flipped over and it started smoking and now it will bearly move when driving the motor seems to be going but it's moving like an inch. So I was thinking that the connection between the drive svart and the motor had disconnected in some way.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Few different things could have happened.

Internal damage to motor, or badly overheated.
Coukd have damaged the plastic spur gear.

To start with you will need to remove the gear cover to see the spur and pinion gear. Loosen the motor hold down screws. Slide the motor away from the spur gear. And try the motor then. If it was smoking it’s most likely done.

As for upgrading motor you could go with higher kv motor. Vaterra used to list s couple. Gearing would new to be adjusted.

I’ve got the Glamis version. I’d considered changing motor but over the years I’ve come to like the stock system.