R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-12-2006, 10:26 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Does anyone use Max Amps for batteries?

I recently just visited max amps website, and I have a few concerns about ordering from them. If you order each cell individually, enough to complete for one whole pack, do they come about all the equal amount of power, and volts?

Can someone please help me!!!

Thanks!
LANCEisaCRACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:29 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Negative if you want to race spend the extra $5 and get a matched pack. Ie
Promatch, Ea, Brood, Etc.
TadehI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:29 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to nomaak

dunno...don't even think they put labels on them eigther. i got the membership but have never used it.
nomaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:37 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mark G

Yea just spend the extra cash you will be happer in the long run. Also it will be alot better if you race
-Mark
Mark G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:51 AM   #5
Tech Apprentice

o ok thanks, im glad you told me this now, instead of finding out after i purchased them.

thanks
Old 02-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Seems like that Max-Amps has gotten a ton of great feedback on their eBay transactions and that customers are very happy with their products?!

Also, doesn't the accurate side of matched packs last for only 10-15 runs at most?! I primarily run Off-Road and batteries aren't as critical in Off-Road as they are in On-Road....
STEALTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #7
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Andrew_Carter

TBH they really are not that bad,i run them in the UK there only cheap so i can afford to charge them at 10amps and basiclly abuse them.I dosent matter to me when a pack vents or goes off,becasue there only 25 notes no great loss.

This years 27t BRCA winner used these battries to power his way to the overall win.

There is some reasearch which proves this that an the other but until you run them for yourselfs you carnt judge.

Just my 2pence worth anyway.

L8s
Old 02-12-2006, 12:12 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yea, i'm thinking about getting a few packs for the new season . As Carter said for us Brits they are extremely cheap, even if they do not have labels on them at least i'll be able to abuse them to the max for stock . Over here we can pay 60 for a pack which is about $100

Charles
Old 02-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTH
Seems like that Max-Amps has gotten a ton of great feedback on their eBay transactions and that customers are very happy with their products?!

Also, doesn't the accurate side of matched packs last for only 10-15 runs at most?! I primarily run Off-Road and batteries aren't as critical in Off-Road as they are in On-Road....
Well, I know I've been very happy with the packs I've bought from them, but I've only been buying micro packs for my 1/18 scale car(I already prefer DC Motorsports for my 1/10 scale car packs). But the packs I have from them are excellent, in fact, they're even better than the matched micro packs I've bought from other companies(like ProMatch, for example), & they're barely more than half the cost, so it's all good....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:52 PM   #10
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

I have used there stuff before. When the GP3700 came out I bought a couple of packs and they worked really well. I was racing offroad at the time so they were great. I was surprised for being unmatched. If you want some cheap cells then they are the way to go. But check out Team Brood's website. They have some really good packs for about the same price as Maxamps.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:05 PM   #11
Tech Rookie

Max amp batteries are just normal unmatched batteries. Numerous tests have been done to prove that the cells arnt the 1.2+v that they claim. I guess they think that since their market are people who don't have the equiptment to test these values, they can claim whatever they want.
Xrayt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:05 PM   #12
Tech Apprentice

I think I'll just stick with the matched packs...after all when I get sponsored, it won't matter