Search
Like Tree302Likes

Tamiya TB 05 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tygertyger
I have to say that this whole conversation about metal bevel gears is a bit surreal to me. I could literally take my 1st gen TC3 with oriinal plastic gears and throw the most vicious mod at it and they would hold no problem. This is a 20-year old TC (yeah, time flies). So, assuming the people on here who are having issues know what they are doing and the problem thus comes from the manufacturer... Why would anyone even consider buying a shaft-driven Tamiya?

Which brings me to my next question: Why would anyone want to buy a TB05? The car is ugly as hell and I don't see a single thing about it that would (even in principle) make it better than any other TC from the past 15 years. I do like quirky cars, but this just seems yet another pointless exercise in "being different" for the sake of it. I am sincerely asking: what is it that makes this car so desirable in the eyes of some? It's just a shaft drive with a weird weight distribution.

Meanwhile, has Tamiya fixed their crippling C-hub issues? If my info is up-to-date, they haven't and the customers still have to resort to marshmallow c-hubs in order to avoid DNFs. (Apologies if my info is dated). Again, my TC3 has had graphite C-hubs (with aluminum knuckles! ) for ages and I have never managed to break a single one of them- and God knows I've tried, on the most ruthless carpet tracks. So why do people keep buying those Tamiyas? I just don't get it. There are better looking, cheaper, more reliable cars out there, and probably faster ones too.
TAMIYA for life~! It's just the fun of it. Not out there trying to win every race. Some of us grew up with TAMIYA. I did since early 80' and just been a fan ever since no matter how ugly this chassis is.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeyE
TAMIYA for life~! It's just the fun of it. Not out there trying to win every race. Some of us grew up with TAMIYA. I did since early 80' and just been a fan ever since no matter how ugly this chassis is.
That's the reason I still run Tamiya. If I get serious, I might buy an Xray or something like that... but until then, I stick with the blue.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:31 PM
Set
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tygertyger
I have to say that this whole conversation about metal bevel gears is a bit surreal to me. I could literally take my 1st gen TC3 with oriinal plastic gears and throw the most vicious mod at it and they would hold no problem. This is a 20-year old TC (yeah, time flies). So, assuming the people on here who are having issues know what they are doing and the problem thus comes from the manufacturer... Why would anyone even consider buying a shaft-driven Tamiya?

Which brings me to my next question: Why would anyone want to buy a TB05? The car is ugly as hell and I don't see a single thing about it that would (even in principle) make it better than any other TC from the past 15 years. I do like quirky cars, but this just seems yet another pointless exercise in "being different" for the sake of it. I am sincerely asking: what is it that makes this car so desirable in the eyes of some? It's just a shaft drive with a weird weight distribution.

Meanwhile, has Tamiya fixed their crippling C-hub issues? If my info is up-to-date, they haven't and the customers still have to resort to marshmallow c-hubs in order to avoid DNFs. (Apologies if my info is dated). Again, my TC3 has had graphite C-hubs (with aluminum knuckles! ) for ages and I have never managed to break a single one of them- and God knows I've tried, on the most ruthless carpet tracks. So why do people keep buying those Tamiyas? I just don't get it. There are better looking, cheaper, more reliable cars out there, and probably faster ones too.
Tamiya for many of us it is a way of life.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New op and boxset

Old 05-05-2018, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Interesting!

I can't wait to see the manual!
Old 05-06-2018, 06:50 AM
Tech Addict

Sorry for being off topic, but did tamiya produce suspension mount in red and steering knuckle with three holes? thanks
Old 05-07-2018, 05:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

any parts numbers for options yet?
Old 05-07-2018, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Hmmm...

Easiest servo adjustments ever, for a touring car...
Old 05-10-2018, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Update photo from Japan
Old 05-10-2018, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

By Tamiya Stargek

Last edited by walrusjon; 05-10-2018 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Add photo
Old 05-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

By Tamiya Stargek
Old 05-10-2018, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

DO IT FASTER
Old 05-10-2018, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by walrusjon
Update photo from Japan
It's hard to take them seriously when they insist on presenting their chassis to the public with the crappy Tamiya battery plug and bullet motor plugs.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
It's hard to take them seriously when they insist on presenting their chassis to the public with the crappy Tamiya battery plug and bullet motor plugs.
Nothing like topping off the plastic fantastic with more fantastic plastic!
Old 05-11-2018, 04:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Its Tamiya's trick, tb05 pro→R→MS 😆

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.