Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default servo

servo position seems sketchy
Old 05-11-2018, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by walrusjon
Its Tamiya's trick, tb05 pro→R→MS ��
I'm not sure, but I think, this time I will wait for the -R. Don't want to repeat the TA07-story...buy the Pro for 200 and hop ups for 450...one year later the release of the -R with all in for 390.
walrusjon likes this.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
It's hard to take them seriously when they insist on presenting their chassis to the public with the crappy Tamiya battery plug and bullet motor plugs.
I've asked this before. I understand that there are racing series where those connectors need to stay in place. Such as those with handout motors. And, you'll notice that they also tend to put in the LiFe batteries, often round-cell packs. Also, I'd expect they setup their cars, with products they sell directly. Their ESCs come with the bullet plugs on them.

I agree, seeing what screams "noobie parts" on cars makes me twitch a bit.
Old 05-12-2018, 04:25 AM
Hua
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Motor mount for rear motor configuration

By Tamiya Stargek
Can i see the motor mount mount assembly for the rear motor configuration? just curious.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tom1977
I'm not sure, but I think, this time I will wait for the -R. Don't want to repeat the TA07-story...buy the Pro for 200 and hop ups for 450...one year later the release of the -R with all in for 390.
Hi Tom, so basically if i buy a pro version of this car i will end up replace everything on it?
Old 05-12-2018, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t
Hi Tom, so basically if i buy a pro version of this car i will end up replace everything on it?
It's like the same scheme as with the TA07 pro.

Aluminium servo mount
Aluminium steering
Aluminium toe blocks
Aluminium wheel hex
Carbon damper stays
Carbon bumper support
Stabilzer set F/R
Titanium screw set
Many small parts (steel diff gears, carbon reinforced ring/pilot gears, titanium axles, delrin axle balls etc.
Later the carbon reinforced plastics and carbon stiffeners will come.

Not replacing everything but hop ups from Tamiya are not cheap so do your own math. Pro is good for people who won't upgrade everything possible and for people who can't wait. R is a bargain for the hop up junkies.

I made this mistake with the TA07 pro. Tamiya's new model cycle since introducing TA07 pro is now 1 year until the release of the R-version. This time i can wait.
rc_square24 likes this.

Last edited by Tom1977; 05-12-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tom1977
It's like the same scheme as with the TA07 pro.

Aluminium servo mount
Aluminium steering
Aluminium toe blocks
Aluminium wheel hex
Carbon damper stays
Carbon bumper support
Stabilzer set F/R
Titanium screw set
Many small parts (steel diff gears, carbon reinforced ring/pilot gears, titanium axles, delrin axle balls etc.
Later the carbon reinforced plastics and carbon stiffeners will come.

Not replacing everything but hop ups from Tamiya are not cheap so do your own math. Pro is good for people who won't upgrade everything possible and for people who can't wait. R is a bargain for the hop up junkies.

I made this mistake with the TA07 pro. Tamiya's new model cycle since introducing TA07 pro is now 1 year until the release of the R-version. This time i can wait.
You're right sir. Blue bling doesn't come cheap!
Old 05-14-2018, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Regarding the TA07 Pro, it was really only the servo mount that needed to be upgraded. For optimal performance then you need to save weight which in several cases the "hop ups" make the situation worse so choose carefully.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
Regarding the TA07 Pro, it was really only the servo mount that needed to be upgraded. For optimal performance then you need to save weight which in several cases the "hop ups" make the situation worse so choose carefully.
On the top my head, those carbon reinforced parts should really help remove some unecessary flex of the car. Alumnium suspension mount will also remove some deform of the suspension under braking. Ohter than that adding a sway bar set and spool (hopefully competatble with tb04) and the 05 should be a good replacement for my tb03.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sometimes, even the glass, and carbon reinforced parts can be heavier than the stock parts. If weight reduction is your goal.

This is a survey of FF03 parts, but I believe the comparison holds. A Real Life Tinker Gnome: Weighty subjects. FF03 parts.
DavidNERODease and gigaplex like this.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nerobro
Sometimes, even the glass, and carbon reinforced parts can be heavier than the stock parts. If weight reduction is your goal.

This is a survey of FF03 parts, but I believe the comparison holds. A Real Life Tinker Gnome: Weighty subjects. FF03 parts.
i understand your point sir. actually the person who wrote saving weight on label is really misleading. carbon parts are there mostly to reduce flex not saving weight.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t
On the top my head, those carbon reinforced parts should really help remove some unecessary flex of the car. Alumnium suspension mount will also remove some deform of the suspension under braking. Ohter than that adding a sway bar set and spool (hopefully competatble with tb04) and the 05 should be a good replacement for my tb03.
i feel the opposite i my car runs very well with the chassis flex the servo mount and motor mounts need to change to compete just my.02
Old 05-16-2018, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 05-16-2018, 12:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

TB 05 Pro 's first running video
Tom1977 likes this.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:35 AM
Tech Addict

god damn it. i really want one now. btw is this mr. satoshi?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.