Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TB 05 Pro announcement > Tamiya TB 05 Pro announcement
Like Tree26Likes

Tamiya TB 05 Pro announcement

Reply

Old 05-16-2018, 03:13 AM
  #91  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
walrusjon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 43
Default

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t View Post
god damn it. i really want one now. btw is this mr. satoshi?
yes, its him. So maybe wait the R or S version later lol
walrusjon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:52 AM
  #92  
Tech Regular
 
Tom1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Munich
Posts: 286
Default

Originally Posted by walrusjon View Post
https://youtu.be/9V1mBIxY9_o
TB 05 Pro 's first running video
Nice! Has already some hop ups installed, which are not yet officially announced. Note the carbon damper bridges. They are not from TB04.
Tom1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:26 PM
  #93  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
foampervert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,427
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default you're killing us

Originally Posted by walrusjon View Post



By Tamiya Stargek

Please show us the gearboxes... are they reusing the tb04 gearboxes or have they designed new and better ones? the chassis has a spine down the middle of where the gearbox should sit, so I am personally doubtful that it's the same. scan the manual for us please!
foampervert is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:48 PM
  #94  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 68
Default

Originally Posted by foampervert View Post
Please show us the gearboxes... are they reusing the tb04 gearboxes or have they designed new and better ones? the chassis has a spine down the middle of where the gearbox should sit, so I am personally doubtful that it's the same. scan the manual for us please!
seems like they are resuing the 03's box. im new to tb series so i want to know why tb03's gear box is bad?
zxcvb1t is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:15 PM
  #95  
Tech Regular
 
Tom1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Munich
Posts: 286
Default

Originally Posted by foampervert View Post
Please show us the gearboxes... are they reusing the tb04 gearboxes or have they designed new and better ones? the chassis has a spine down the middle of where the gearbox should sit, so I am personally doubtful that it's the same. scan the manual for us please!
TB05 is using TB03/04 gearboxes. They are not bad at all. In TB04 era there was a batch with bad molding. Especially the carbon reinforced ones.



photo by Tamiya Stargek


photo by Tamiya Stargek
walrusjon likes this.
Tom1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:35 PM
  #96  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 778
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t View Post
seems like they are resuing the 03's box. im new to tb series so i want to know why tb03's gear box is bad?
Could write a thesis on why they're so bad. But does give the option of potentially using Exotek alum gear boxes. Would be a super expensive upgrade. Or perhaps Tamiya would rerelease they alum gear boxes and release some steel crown/pinion gears!
WagwanBumba is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:21 AM
  #97  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
foampervert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,427
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default kewl

Originally Posted by Tom1977 View Post
TB05 is using TB03/04 gearboxes. They are not bad at all. In TB04 era there was a batch with bad molding. Especially the carbon reinforced ones.



photo by Tamiya Stargek


photo by Tamiya Stargek
Thgan

Thanks for that! so it's basically a tb03/tb04 progression... interesting. Appreciate it! and enjoy the build!
foampervert is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:47 AM
  #98  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
walrusjon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 43
Default

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba View Post
Could write a thesis on why they're so bad. But does give the option of potentially using Exotek alum gear boxes. Would be a super expensive upgrade. Or perhaps Tamiya would rerelease they alum gear boxes and release some steel crown/pinion gears!
I think the tb evo 6 's exotek metal gear box not suitable for it
walrusjon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:19 AM
  #99  
Tech Elite
 
fyrstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Maryland, Near DC, USA
Posts: 3,096
Default

Seriously, how is this car not completely assembled yet? I usually knock out a touring car build in an evening, and the electronics go in the next day.
fyrstormer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:23 AM
  #100  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 68
Default

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
Seriously, how is this car not completely assembled yet? I usually knock out a touring car build in an evening, and the electronics go in the next day.
guess he is teasing
zxcvb1t is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:54 AM
  #101  
Tech Regular
 
Tom1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Munich
Posts: 286
Default TAMIYA's unicorns

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba View Post
Could write a thesis on why they're so bad. But does give the option of potentially using Exotek alum gear boxes. Would be a super expensive upgrade. Or perhaps Tamiya would rerelease they alum gear boxes and release some steel crown/pinion gears!


Tom1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:47 PM
  #102  
Tech Addict
 
Stargek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 583
Default

HI Guys !

thanks for sharing the build images. the build of the TB05 Pro had been awesome.
we will do some track test soon !

for those who are interested in more images that we have posted.
you can visit our facebook photo album.
just need to search on facebook: Tamiya - Stargek
there's an album created for the build.

cheers!

walrusjon likes this.
Stargek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:07 PM
  #103  
Tech Elite
 
fyrstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Maryland, Near DC, USA
Posts: 3,096
Default

It seems implausible to me that people are stripping the ring and pinion gears on the TB-04 diffs.
fyrstormer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:05 PM
  #104  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
nubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 746
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
It seems implausible to me that people are stripping the ring and pinion gears on the TB-04 diffs.
Never underestimate the stupidity of a noob. I stripped both.
gigaplex likes this.
nubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:54 AM
  #105  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
walrusjon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 43
Default

walrusjon is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service