Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TB 05 Pro announcement > Tamiya TB 05 Pro announcement
Like Tree12Likes

Tamiya TB 05 Pro announcement

Reply

Old 04-10-2018, 11:15 PM
  #16  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 41
Default

Is the springs on this vechile a new part of they change the coating on yellow spring?
BTW finally all hex screw on the chassis .
zxcvb1t is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:37 PM
  #17  
Tech Elite
 
fyrstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Maryland, Near DC, USA
Posts: 2,965
Default

Is it just me or does this chassis have options for longitudinal *or* transverse motor-mounting positions? That would certainly be a unique trick.

I'm very happy with my TB-04R. I might be persuaded to replace one of my XV-01s with this, though, since it looks to be a mid-front-motor design, which is similar-to-but-different-than the full-front-motor design of the XV-01.
fyrstormer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:48 PM
  #18  
Tech Master
iTrader: (35)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Posts: 1,054
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

So it's fully sealed, therefore good possible choice for rallying?
lagcisco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:27 AM
  #19  
Tech Regular
 
Tom1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Munich
Posts: 270
Default


Nice! It has more of a M07 than a TA07...
Hope, this aluminium driveschafts are compatible with Evo 7...
Plastic gearbox seems to be the old TB04/Evo6 ones.
Steering is a little bit Strange.
Tom1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:35 AM
  #20  
Tech Regular
 
Tom1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Munich
Posts: 270
Default

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t View Post
Is the springs on this vechile a new part of they change the coating on yellow spring?
BTW finally all hex screw on the chassis .
I think, this is the new springs series, introduced with TA07R. I heard rumours, that this spring set will be available as hop up later for all chassis.
walrusjon likes this.
Tom1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:49 AM
  #21  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
JatoTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 2,610
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Want! I had my eye on a TA07, but TB (shaft drive) is more ideal for parking lot bashing.
JatoTheRipper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:04 PM
  #22  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
nubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Want! I had my eye on a TA07, but TB (shaft drive) is more ideal for parking lot bashing.
Why is that? I actually very much disagree with this but I want your perspective.
nubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:13 AM
  #23  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 1,950
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nubs View Post
Why is that? I actually very much disagree with this but I want your perspective.
Sealed drivetrain, useful for tracks with lots of debris.
JatoTheRipper and fyrstormer like this.
gigaplex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:17 AM
  #24  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
JatoTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 2,610
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nubs View Post
Why is that? I actually very much disagree with this but I want your perspective.
Despite what some people want you to believe, belts do not like pebbles. I've personally had a belt nicked by a pebble.
JatoTheRipper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:21 PM
  #25  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
nubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Despite what some people want you to believe, belts do not like pebbles. I've personally had a belt nicked by a pebble.
Ah interesting. I had very bad experiences with the tb04 and running it in parking lots. I actually had to create a custom shroud to protect the gears from pebbles. But my TA07 has done quite well in the same parking lots. Though I may be getting lucky.
JatoTheRipper likes this.
nubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:21 PM
  #26  
Tech Elite
 
fyrstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Maryland, Near DC, USA
Posts: 2,965
Default

The XV-01 has a belt-drive, but it's up on top of the chassis and it's shrouded except for a small gap where the belt can sweep debris out of the shroud. It's a highly-effective setup. I'd honestly consider it before any TA or TB car for driving on dirty pavement. I own several and they're all great -- though I do own a TA car and a TB car for variety.
fyrstormer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:22 PM
  #27  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 746
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I really hope Tamiya would come up with steel versions of the gearbox crown and pinion gears. I have so many TB04 54593 in case I can't find them again.
Tom1977 likes this.
WagwanBumba is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:42 PM
  #28  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Czech republic
Posts: 224
Default

Originally Posted by nubs View Post
Ah interesting. I had very bad experiences with the tb04 and running it in parking lots. I actually had to create a custom shroud to protect the gears from pebbles. But my TA07 has done quite well in the same parking lots. Though I may be getting lucky.
I have TB03 with custom chassis, without spur gear cover. Reversing shaft rotation is enough to keep dirt from getting into spur.
Papi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:18 AM
  #29  
Tech Elite
 
fyrstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Maryland, Near DC, USA
Posts: 2,965
Default

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba View Post
I really hope Tamiya would come up with steel versions of the gearbox crown and pinion gears. I have so many TB04 54593 in case I can't find them again.
Unlikely. That would add rotating mass, and racers hate rotating mass.

Have you actually broken the ring and pinion gears on your TB-04 diffs, or are you just being cautious?
fyrstormer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:42 AM
  #30  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 746
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
Unlikely. That would add rotating mass, and racers hate rotating mass.

Have you actually broken the ring and pinion gears on your TB-04 diffs, or are you just being cautious?
less rotating mass vs stripping the plastic gears because I'm running 13.5T boosted - I don't mind running slightly extra mass.
I can't see alum gears weighing that much more that the plastic ones
I've broken many crown and pinion gears in those gearboxes.
WagwanBumba is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service