R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #901
Tech Elite
 
jeff jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 4,020
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potoczak View Post
Any info on new parts coming out any time soon??????
well the parts are still in prototype stage and being tested so you have to be patient . but i am not sure as i am not told what is going on with the parts at all . but i think they will have all the parts on the car for the next ETS race . but i really hope the parts are available very soon.

maybe Thomas Nagal came come on here and post when parts should be available since he is the designer.
__________________
Maclan Racing Products-Bellgate Distributions-PR Racing- Prospeed
jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #902
Tech Elite
 
Potoczak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 3,609
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff jenkins View Post
well the parts are still in prototype stage and being tested so you have to be patient . but i am not sure as i am not told what is going on with the parts at all . but i think they will have all the parts on the car for the next ETS race . but i really hope the parts are available very soon.

maybe Thomas Nagal came come on here and post when parts should be available since he is the designer.
Yea that would be nice, i am just itching for some new parts.All the other manufactures are coming out with new kits a parts now, so just thought i would ask.
__________________
Pete Potoczak

Home entertainment specialist
Secure Technologies/ www.stiworldwide.com
Potoczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #903
Tech Elite
 
jeff jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 4,020
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

I dont know if you saw but i posted that i really like the bell cranks i made but i forgot to mention i also managed to fit in the car a 3racing 38t gear diff in the rear just to try and i really like the results of it but i do need to fin a slightly shorter belt . but i had to modify the chassis diff pulley cut out and make it wider and also remove material on the shock tower in order for the diff to have clearance. also the blades need to be sanded down to fit in the outdrives. but if robitronics has a geardiff coming out i would strongly suggest getting one.
__________________
Maclan Racing Products-Bellgate Distributions-PR Racing- Prospeed
jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:45 AM   #904
Tech Elite
 
jeff jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 4,020
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

so what happened ?? i thought the robitronic team was supposed to be at the ETS round 2 with all the updated parts on there cars?
__________________
Maclan Racing Products-Bellgate Distributions-PR Racing- Prospeed
jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:39 AM   #905
Tech Elite
 
Potoczak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 3,609
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Yea I was going to ask the same thing on how the Avid guys were doing at ETS. So I guess they never made it.
__________________
Pete Potoczak

Home entertainment specialist
Secure Technologies/ www.stiworldwide.com
Potoczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:33 AM   #906
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 20
Default

.

Last edited by ShLa; 12-04-2010 at 04:03 AM.
ShLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:26 AM   #907
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 4
Default

Hello Guys

Shasa and i work super hard with the new parts, sorry that the peoples must wait... Robitronic want with the LP update make a nice car with a good performace. We tested diffrent Steering Systems, Ball-Differential, Motormounts and a lot of other parts. With the new parts is the car really good on tracks with low and midgrip. On high grip tracks we fight with traction roll, for that Shasa tested on this weekend new C-Hubs and new Suspension Arms. The new parts are realy hard, we have a lot of fibres in the new parts. After the first test (Sunday) we can say the car is better with the harder Parts. The car works better in the suspension and the car have a better balance from front to rear. On this evening Shasa tested the new parts on a high grip Track, we hope that we kill the traction roll ;-)

In the moment that is all that i can say, after the test on this evening we know more :-)

Best Regards,
Thomas
Thomas Nagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:12 AM   #908
Tech Elite
 
Potoczak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 3,609
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Thomas, any idea when we might see some new parts for the car?????
__________________
Pete Potoczak

Home entertainment specialist
Secure Technologies/ www.stiworldwide.com
Potoczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #909
Tech Elite
 
jeff jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 4,020
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

thanks for the update .
__________________
Maclan Racing Products-Bellgate Distributions-PR Racing- Prospeed
jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:24 PM   #910
Tech Addict
 
hpisims's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Zanesville, OH
Posts: 585
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Thomas for the update on the parts.
__________________
J.SIMS

Team Associated TC6-Viper R/C Solutions-Sweep Racing-Fullthrottle Motorsports-APH
www.speedybillsrc.com
www.ovrccc.com
hpisims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:38 PM   #911
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: W.V.
Posts: 2,225
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to smitty2802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpisims View Post
Thanks Thomas for the update on the parts.
Sims- Give me a call... when are you coming back to the track???

-DC-
__________________
~Jconcepts~EA Motorsports~
smitty2802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:11 PM   #912
Tech Addict
 
hpisims's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Zanesville, OH
Posts: 585
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty2802 View Post
Sims- Give me a call... when are you coming back to the track???

-DC-

I am going to Columbus this Sunday DC you should come up. I will give you a call tomorrow.
__________________
J.SIMS

Team Associated TC6-Viper R/C Solutions-Sweep Racing-Fullthrottle Motorsports-APH
www.speedybillsrc.com
www.ovrccc.com
hpisims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:36 AM   #913
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 4
Default

Hello

On thuesday was the second test with the harder Suspensions. After the test from Shasa i become a phone from Shasa "Thomas, the Car was fantastic on the high grip track. Super fast, easy to drive!". We think we have find the biggest Problem for traction roll. With the new Suspensions the car has no more tendences for traction roll and setup changes you feel very good. On the next week Shasa becomes the last parts from the LP car. We want test a second version of the steering system, the new system looks more like Tamiya, Yok and HB. Shasa and I want see what is diffrent from the Tamiya system to the AVID steering system.
After the first LP tests I can say:
-The Balldifferential with more balls and a rotation symmetric design is better, realy better! Shasa can drive 15 and more battery rounds and the differential has the same performace like the first battery run.
- The new Motormount has a 10 degrees and more lower temperature and is easy to work with the Motor.
- the weight balance with the new steering system (battery is 10mm more in the fromt) is better.
- harder Suspensions, super nice for high grip.
- narrower chassisplate looks better, and the plate dont touch de carpet on a curve.

i think that the 5 fundamental changes for a better AVID performace :-)

Greez,
Thomas
Thomas Nagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:06 AM   #914
Tech Elite
 
jeff jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 4,020
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Sounds great Thomas keep up the good work!! cant wait to see the parts finished and avialable to the public.
__________________
Maclan Racing Products-Bellgate Distributions-PR Racing- Prospeed
jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:59 AM   #915
Tech Elite
 
Potoczak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 3,609
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Nagel View Post
Hello

On thuesday was the second test with the harder Suspensions. After the test from Shasa i become a phone from Shasa "Thomas, the Car was fantastic on the high grip track. Super fast, easy to drive!". We think we have find the biggest Problem for traction roll. With the new Suspensions the car has no more tendences for traction roll and setup changes you feel very good. On the next week Shasa becomes the last parts from the LP car. We want test a second version of the steering system, the new system looks more like Tamiya, Yok and HB. Shasa and I want see what is diffrent from the Tamiya system to the AVID steering system.
After the first LP tests I can say:
-The Balldifferential with more balls and a rotation symmetric design is better, realy better! Shasa can drive 15 and more battery rounds and the differential has the same performace like the first battery run.
- The new Motormount has a 10 degrees and more lower temperature and is easy to work with the Motor.
- the weight balance with the new steering system (battery is 10mm more in the fromt) is better.
- harder Suspensions, super nice for high grip.
- narrower chassisplate looks better, and the plate dont touch de carpet on a curve.

i think that the 5 fundamental changes for a better AVID performace :-)

Greez,
Thomas

Wow all the new parts sound awesome, cant wait to convert my avid with the new parts!!!!
__________________
Pete Potoczak

Home entertainment specialist
Secure Technologies/ www.stiworldwide.com
Potoczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ROBITRONIC AVID TOURING CAR VERY NICE! rifleman5000 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 09-22-2008 02:27 PM
WTB Robitronic Avid Touring Car kmeyer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-13-2008 06:55 AM
Robitronic Avid Touring car Mc dog Australian Racing 14 03-30-2007 03:03 AM
Robitronic AVID Touring Car........ Customworksking Electric On-Road 7 02-02-2007 11:09 AM
Robitronic AVID rc-car-net Electric On-Road 2 02-05-2006 08:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:46 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net