Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Robitronic Avid Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 07:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Couple of questions:

How you measure the Droop value? from ground to the arms?
Are you using the standard 3 hole shocks piston?

Thanks

Originally Posted by canto54
Hi all,
here is my last setup from french 3rd national round in mod: http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/robi...2010052223.pdf

Main difference is the use of shorten camber link on shock tower that make the car feel more comfortable and with lot of cornerspeed!
I just try that on this track right now, I will give you my feeling after more testing of this adjustement
Old 05-31-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Teddy
Couple of questions:

How you measure the Droop value? from ground to the arms?
Are you using the standard 3 hole shocks piston?

Thanks
for droop value, it is distance beetween the chassis and the arms. It is very important to check it after every run or every 2 runs.

yes I am still using standard 3 holes schocks piston but maybe it will change soon with the use of better ones.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just finished building the shocks.
My personal tip, do not use the washer RA1100/1.
Use another O-ring instead, it work better to me.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hpisims
Here is some pics of the car together with a 5000mah 50C now even though it fits like this after I balance everything it will be hanging off the side alittle bit.
Wow, that looks very tight indeed. Only thing I see happening is if you hit something or someone hits you, you will either have chips in your battery, or your battery is going to fly off.

But it is better than nothing, without having to use the LiPo battery holder option (which should be STANDARD in my opinion).
Old 06-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
Wow, that looks very tight indeed. Only thing I see happening is if you hit something or someone hits you, you will either have chips in your battery, or your battery is going to fly off.

But it is better than nothing, without having to use the LiPo battery holder option (which should be STANDARD in my opinion).

Yes Harry you are correct on the fit is tight but like I said it will have to hang out some to balance. I do have the lipo holder which I agree with you at this point in the game should probably be standard, but like I showed someone can use a lipo without the option part.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:22 AM
Tech Adept

personnaly, i dont use LIPO holder, I just use tape to fix batteries on the chassis and never had any problem!
And my 5400/50C fit perfectly inside!
Old 06-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Are any of you balancing your cars front to rear cause if i do i have to put 2 1/2 oz on the front of the car(literally on the front bumper). Do any of you think this is as important as left to right balance.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Everyone that I know just balances left to right, if any balancing is done at all. I think most people do try to get the left to right balance close. I don't know of anyone who does front to back.

I know one person who did it to his 1/12th scale car but he also designed and built his own line of cars then sold them to customers, so he did it from a design standpoint.

Steve
Old 06-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

hello everyone just to let you know am now running for robitronic USA and once I get familiar with the car I will be happy to help with any questions or setup advice along with corallyman. Ordered up the car today and should be here soon . I would like to thank Ty for the opportunity.

Also for the question above I balance left to right and get that as close as I can. Also I like to have more wieght in the rear for traction.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Everyone that I know just balances left to right, if any balancing is done at all. I think most people do try to get the left to right balance close. I don't know of anyone who does front to back.

I know one person who did it to his 1/12th scale car but he also designed and built his own line of cars then sold them to customers, so he did it from a design standpoint.

Steve
Steve, let me know how the build is going...
Old 06-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Steve, let me know how the build is going...
JayBee,

The build went very good overall, I even ordered up some spares to support Jeff's car and mine as we dial them into our local tracks. I am still considering my overall starting setup to put on the car. Just have to spend some time thinking on that subject.

After I built the car, in a very "Steve" like decision I took it apart again.

Steve
Old 06-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Typical steve move. Lol how was building it the second time around
Old 06-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
Typical steve move. Lol how was building it the second time around
Hoprfully that your ready for the race this saturday@EGTC
I won't mind spanking the new TC of your...lol
Old 06-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

I won't be at the egtc this sat as I'm having my bachelor party that day so I will be at fasttrax NW the next weekend so throw n a mod . I hope you like tears and driving because that is what your drive home from the race will be. Like. Bring it. Haha.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Good news the car arrived this morning started the build before work and can't wait to get it finished when I get off work at midnight haha. But so far I'm impressed on the quality so far and I love the suspension mounts and roll center shims how they key into each other. Everything is looking good so far and should b ready for testing this Saturday at fasttrax NW here in WA . Will let everyone know how it goes and what setup I end up with at the end of the day. Annyone got a dialed med to high grip asphalt setup for the avid 2 I could use as a base?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.