R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #1
Tech Master

Default Pro10 pan car info please...

Hi all, I would like to get a Pro 10 pan car again after a break from them for many years. As nothing seems to be available over here in the UK, could anyone tell me what is around and where to get it from in the states? Many thanks, Chris.
wingman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:09 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

Here are a couple links you can check.

http://www.rc10.com/shusting/Catalog...L3T/kitl3t.htm

http://www.corallyusa.com/2005/C10X.htm
birel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:01 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

there's a Pro Ten section on this site
Here's a link Pro 10
Superkarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 03:56 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well Wingman, I had the same problem as you had. me and a friend are getting back in pro10 racing (Touring is getting way to expensive nowadays), but except for the corally c10x there's none available new...

I just checked ebay regularly, I bought an Associated RC10L2 for myself at 60$ (was in almost new condition), one spare (lol) at 36$ (also almost new condition-> I noticed when I received it) and my friend got a brand new one for 112$.

What I mean is, check ebay regularly and you can make probably a good deal on a car.

Good luck with it!!
Quante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:59 PM   #5
Tech Regular

hey guys,

Glad that there are others who love the 1/10 pan cars. 1/10 pan cars are becoming rare all over the world. I love the 1/10 pan cars for the stability and nimbleness at super high speed. It's the best of both worlds (1/12 pan car and TC) and I dont think I can ever find any other options.

If pro10 is no longer available, i suggest that you try HPI 10G, HPI 10GW or road star. Few hobby shops in Japan still maintain good supply of spare parts from HPI cause the demands are still high. I am pretty sure that HPI US still have the parts cause the pan cars are designed in US with nonmetric system bolts and nuts.

Academy also have 1/10 pan car but it is using t bar that easily broken during impact.
azmio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #6
TEM
Tech Regular

The RC10L3's are not pro10 cars. I thought Yok has a pro10 car in japan or do they make them anymore? It looks likes a RC10L2 with a special CF front end.
TEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:16 PM   #7
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Switch Blade

Yokomo YRX-2000. I almost bought one, but I was talked out of it. Instead I bought an RDX, and now I wish that I did go through with the yok.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:36 AM   #8

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pro10 is my no1 racing class. I tried touring, and during the winters I run 12th scale, but nothing compares to the ease, affordability and speed of a 10th pancar.
Associated still produces the RC10L2. Stormer usually has some in stock, as well as several body styles.
I made my own custom Pro10 based on the associated car, with some influences from 12th scale and Corally. It cost me a year, but now it really rocks. I tried it outside last weekend at 4 degrees celcius on asphalt, without using traction compound because there were still wet patches on the track, and still it was on rails.
I run 6cell mod (12tuns) and regularly run 15 1/2 second laps, while touring mod has only gone 16-low laps. If you count in that I use the cheapest packs, and moderate timing on my motors, as well as my less than perfect driving skills, you understand what drives my interest in this class!

For more info:
Have a look at the thread I have a link to in my signature. I will also be happy to answer any guestion you have in this thread.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEM
The RC10L3's are not pro10 cars. I thought Yok has a pro10 car in japan or do they make them anymore? It looks likes a RC10L2 with a special CF front end.
Technically the L3 is a Pro10 car, just narrowed to accommodate touring shells. Bolt on a 10th scale gas outlaw Lola body and get ready to have some serious fun, even on narrow and short tracks. You'll eat mod touring cars alive, while just using a stock motor.
Yokomo does produce a 10th pancar, but only sells it in Japan as far as I know. It does slightly resemble the asso RC10l2. It uses a similar Tbar setup. The front end as well as the rear dampening setup are quite different though.

If you decide for the Corally car, special order it with the 12th scale Corally T-bar setup. They can order it for you. This makes the car waaaaaaayyy easier to run.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:45 AM   #10

I just started working on the website for our Pro10 racing series:
http://www.geocities.com/pro_ten_hol...?1139942617156
any tips/comments are welcome: it's my first website!
Old 02-14-2006, 11:57 AM   #11
HK
Tech Apprentice

do you have pics of your home made pro 10?
HK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:27 PM   #12

These were shoy right after completion. I've made some mods since then. I'll shoot some fresh pictures later.
Attached Thumbnails
Pro10 pan car info please...-uiteindelijke-asso1.jpg   Pro10 pan car info please...-uiteindelijke-asso2.jpg   Pro10 pan car info please...-uiteindelijke-asso3.jpg  
Old 02-14-2006, 11:56 PM   #13
TEM
Tech Regular

Pro ten Holland, Looks like a nice car alright. But it doesn't look a lot different from putting a 3shock rear end (like an 10L3) onto a 10L2. However I must point out minor repositioning in weight in a pan makes a lot of handling difference. I have tried CF battery braces on a pan car. It's convenient but seem to be less secure than tape for me, even for a pantoura!

Yes, you are right, the 10L3 is the similar to a Pro10 car in build except it's a tad narrower to accomodate 190mm shells. Don't even need a lola body. Just a TC body with relatively low CG will do the trick. I'm dying for a protoform porsche GT1 body for my pantoura but it's discontinued and no one's got them. As for handling, the wide cars corner significantly better than the narrow cars. I find the narrow cars seem to have tires too wide that sit too close together and scrub off corner speed. I tried running softer rear compounds with the inner 1/2 foam trued off and the car handles great.

In North America, 10th pan is dead. 12th is in healthy state after revival in most places. The issue is most guys can't handle a 6 cell mod pan car, they are absolutely STUPID FAST! I think a good step is to compromise and let people run 4cell pan TC together with 6 cell 4wd TC's. Then there is a chance of revival for 10th pan and eventually wide cars.

BTW, how does the corally 12th and 10th T-bar's differ?
TEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:51 AM   #14
HK
Tech Apprentice

very nice chassis Mathijs, can i order it from you, i 'll be the 1st PTH racing customer

what do you mean by special order with the 12th scale Corally T-bar setup
HK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:14 AM   #15

I did the following things on the car: I use the batteries put in very wide, for more roll in the corners, and therefore more traction, I moved the front suspenion back about 5mm, and use Kimbroough offset ride height adjusters to further shorten the wheelbase. I also replaced the micro shocks with tubes, which made the car way easier to work with.
It does have quite some battle-scars after two years of high-end competition.
I also made a new car, with the batteries more to inside of the car. It also features mounting holes to mount the front suspension in a 200mm position for indoor fun. On carpet it really eats anything alive! On asphalt, the old car has more traction, because of the wide battery setup.
I am working on a new version with an even shorter wheelbase, to be able to use harder front tires.
Attached Thumbnails
Pro10 pan car info please...-dsc_0040.jpg   Pro10 pan car info please...-dsc_0041.jpg   Pro10 pan car info please...-dsc_0042.jpg