Search
Like Tree509Likes

Xpress Execute XQ1S Sport Clubracer

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Xpress Execute XQ1S Sport Clubracer

Looks like Xpress are entering the entry/clubracer market with their XQ1S.

After enlarging the photo on their website, it seems the motor mount is different from their XQ1 also, what do you guys think? The tourer bashing market ready for another contender?

Link
MarcGalyonz and JamesGarciaz like this.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:19 PM
Shop Owner

rcMart will have it on pre-order soon! The listed price is US$129 & we will bring you guys a super value offer
MarcGalyonz likes this.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:14 AM
Tech Master

Interested to see how this car compares to the other new contender (Vbc ghost)
Old 03-23-2018, 05:10 AM
JC3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Qatmix
Interested to see how this car compares to the other new contender (Vbc ghost)
Are these two even in the same league? I've never even heard of Xpress Execute so I'm just wondering.
MarcGalyonz likes this.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JC3
Are these two even in the same league? I've never even heard of Xpress Execute so I'm just wondering.
The Xpress XQ1 is a pretty snazzy car. 1 piece lower bulk heads front and rear
JC3 likes this.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Xpress has been around a long time. I had an Xpress in 1998.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

The Xpress of today is not the Xpress of 20 years ago. Effectively it is an RCMart own-brand.

The full-fat Execute struck me as being seriously overpriced. This version is very cheap. If the quality is tolerable, it could be a good budget option. Although, my experience has been that most racers would choose a second-hand XRAY over a budget kit... what wins on Sunday sells on Monday...
Old 03-23-2018, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmart
rcMart will have it on pre-order soon! The listed price is US$129 & we will bring you guys a super value offer
Now this is very interesting and we will be watching.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:13 PM
JC3
Tech Master

I think that the Ghost18 may be the better deal (sway bars, adjustability, quality, etc), but this one is perhaps the modern equivalent of say an AE TC4? That is to say, not a bad thing to have and to run around the yard or track. If nothing else it looks like a nice entry into the modern 4wd touring car chassis world.

The guys at my club are putting foam tires on the Traxxas 4-Tec VXL and bashing the living hell out of them all the while laughing about it and setting remarkably fast lap times! Might be fun to do it with this one if the durability is there.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

This new Xpress Execute XQ1S Sport Clubracer reminds me of the Sakura Zero S and later the Spec-R S1 cars. I ran both and they were great cars and easily upgraded too. The hobby needs more of these 'club' racers at affordable prices and it's a great way for a manufacturer to instill brand loyalty. Not everyone can afford a high-end sedan for club racing.
rbudano and Mitamiya like this.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:25 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SteveM
This new Xpress Execute XQ1S Sport Clubracer reminds me of the Sakura Zero S and later the Spec-R S1 cars. I ran both and they were great cars and easily upgraded too. The hobby needs more of these 'club' racers at affordable prices and it's a great way for a manufacturer to instill brand loyalty. Not everyone can afford a high-end sedan for club racing.
Well said sir. If I had been a bit more patient before I bought, I most likely would have ended up with a budget car like one of these instead of the TC4.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got back into the hobby because of the Spec R S1, it was a great kit for the money.

Hopefully this will be just as good. It has stiff competition with the VBC Ghost18, that looks a really nice.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

I still like the VBC Ghost18, but VBC is still having quality control issues and that's not good for an entry-level kit. Newbies are not going to have a supply of misc bits and pieces and shims to make things right. My older NIB GhostEVO kit had missing parts and even new in the package upgrades bought at a local hobby shop had wrong parts. It all got fixed by VBC in the end, but it took time and was a PITA.

The Spec-R S1 was great and much better than the Sakura Zero S and my only gripe with the Spec-R was the very stiff plastics. Getting a bolt to thread into a plastic part was tough.

The TC4 is still great and with care the shaft drive transmission can be made ultra smooth which helps when running a 25.5 in VTA or 21.5 in USGT classes.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:09 AM
Shop Owner

Here are some more photos of the RC Xpress XQ1S, the “Sport” model of the popular XQ1 electric touring car. The car features FRP chassis and top deck, along with injection mounded plastic versions of its unique 1-piece bulkheads - all aimed to significantly lower the cost of entry to club racing without sacrificing outright performance.

Professor and gigaplex like this.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Was at a race in Shenzhen and I got to see it firsthand racing in the modified class and I was surprised with how well it did considering it almost made the A-Main.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.