Shop Owner

Xpress Execute Sport XQ1S

Xpress XQ1S available now in rcMart
SteveM likes this.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

+ You Tube
" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
You Tube
"> You Tube
" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

How handy is this? Wonder why won't more manufacturers do this.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by defcone View Post
Xpress is trying to help all drivers. From the top to the rookies! Thats very important to put new people in this hobby!
Old 04-27-2018, 01:26 PM
JC3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone View Post
+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB10UrGRDJI" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB10UrGRDJI"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB10UrGRDJI" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Very clever and helpful!
Old 04-28-2018, 12:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JC3 View Post
Very clever and helpful!
thank u
Old 04-28-2018, 08:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A bunch of my friends are planning on running this car at our track bone stock, no modification, 13.5T blinky, so I decided to go to my LHS to check out the car to see if i should buy yet another car, but after hearing how much it costs i whipped out my wallet without thinking and brought it back home with me. Built the car in a few hours and took it to the track the next day. Bone stock the car handled pretty well, after 2-3 packs I was able to work out most of the kinks with the car and I was able to lay down some fast laps. Our track was pretty technical with a long straight. During the in fields I can keep up with 13.5T boosted and modified cars, I only loose out during the back straight. Im pretty happy with it the purchase.

Some comments when building the kit:
  • You should really look into building the car with an electric screwdriver, driving the screws by hand into hard composite plastic is no fun at all.
  • The rear toe is not adjustable with the plastic suspension mounts, you should take your time when building the suspension parts to make sure the left and right toe are even.
  • Being a plastic car, make sure all pieces fit nice and straight and doesnt bind.
  • Also the car being mostly plastic, there is a lot of flex with the steering servo mount
  • Theres a lot of slop on the front C hub, but dont spend too much time in perfecting it.
  • Despite the shock bodies being plastic, they work pretty well and stayed smooth throughout. They didnt leak either.
  • The turnbuckle links are a BITCH to put together and adjust. The are on so tight whenever you adjust the link, they just pop out of the balls. I suggest to tap it out a little just so they a bit easier to turn.
  • The setup gauges included in the kit was a good idea

DavidNERODease likes this.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999 View Post
A bunch of my friends are planning on running this car at our track bone stock, no modification, 13.5T blinky, so I decided to go to my LHS to check out the car to see if i should buy yet another car, but after hearing how much it costs i whipped out my wallet without thinking and brought it back home with me. Built the car in a few hours and took it to the track the next day. Bone stock the car handled pretty well, after 2-3 packs I was able to work out most of the kinks with the car and I was able to lay down some fast laps. Our track was pretty technical with a long straight. During the in fields I can keep up with 13.5T boosted and modified cars, I only loose out during the back straight. Im pretty happy with it the purchase.

Some comments when building the kit:
  • You should really look into building the car with an electric screwdriver, driving the screws by hand into hard composite plastic is no fun at all.
  • The rear toe is not adjustable with the plastic suspension mounts, you should take your time when building the suspension parts to make sure the left and right toe are even.
  • Being a plastic car, make sure all pieces fit nice and straight and doesnt bind.
  • Also the car being mostly plastic, there is a lot of flex with the steering servo mount
  • Theres a lot of slop on the front C hub, but dont spend too much time in perfecting it.
  • Despite the shock bodies being plastic, they work pretty well and stayed smooth throughout. They didnt leak either.
  • The turnbuckle links are a BITCH to put together and adjust. The are on so tight whenever you adjust the link, they just pop out of the balls. I suggest to tap it out a little just so they a bit easier to turn.
  • The setup gauges included in the kit was a good idea

Nice report. Where is your home track? You ran it without sway bars? What is the stock rear toe degree?
Old 04-29-2018, 01:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

You hit the track without waiting for me disaster999?! :O
Nice write up - totally agree with your words bud. I felt a blister was on the way, hand wrenching in to the plastics

The plastics on the XQ1 are much better (IMO) than the first batch of prototypes that came out with the first batch of XQ1 tourers
Old 04-29-2018, 03:11 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by rcguyfpr View Post

Nice report. Where is your home track? You ran it without sway bars? What is the stock rear toe degree?
Im located in Hong Kong. The track is called TRC, Toms Racing Circuit. The kit didnt come with swaybars Stock rear toe is somewhere between 2-3 degrees. Plastic mounts varies a bit
Old 04-29-2018, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

Instead of an electric screwdriver, I would suggest getting an M3 hand tap to tap out the screw holes first. Very easy to make mistakes with an electric screwdriver.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:41 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
Instead of an electric screwdriver, I would suggest getting an M3 hand tap to tap out the screw holes first. Very easy to make mistakes with an electric screwdriver.
I agree with you to a certain extent. Tapping the holes does make it easier to drive the screw in, but your also creating less mechanical grip(friction) when you tap the holes. And to make sure the fastening connection is tight, you will need to torque down the screw and plastic threads arent really meant for it. You will only strip out the hole sooner. Tapping the hole half way might be a good compromise tho.

To rephrase my suggestion, I recommend you drive the screw mostly into the plastic and torque it down rest of the way. That way you can judge how much torque to put into the screw without stripping it

Last edited by disaster999; 04-29-2018 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

I tried using an m3 tap on this kit - I'd never go full way through as it does really loosen the mechanical grip when tapping plastics. My preference would be to bore out the plastic hole with a 2.8mm drill bit as it opens up the hole a bit so that it makes it a bit easier to screw in to the plastic but leaves enough for the screw to have a good bite on it.

The plastics in the XQ1 kit are pretty hard. I used a 12V Makita screw driver drill on this thing with no screw threads being stripped! But yep - echoing what disaster said .... use the electric driver to get the screw in most of the way and use your hand to torque the rest of it in. Your hand/fingers will thank you for that
Old 05-08-2018, 08:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Could you swap the rear blocks with the ones from the XQ1 so you had rear toe adjustment? There is no manual for the Sport on their website so I can't look at them to compare

thanks
Old 05-08-2018, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey dlruk - the manual is definitely on their website. I built from the PDF here - Download
And yes the suspension blocks are mentioned as options for the XQ1S. Basically if you really wanted to, there's no stopping you from upgrading the suspension blocks and bulkheads to XQ1 aluminium ones, but then I'd argue just buy the normal XQ1.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks, the download link is almost hidden at the bottom of the page and wasn't obvious, I was looking at the car kit page itself which doesn't have a link, the normal XQ1 does. It would just be the toe adjustment I would like so a fair bit cheaper to still get the sport, need to decide...

thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service