Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Xpress Execute XQ1S Sport Clubracer >

Xpress Execute XQ1S Sport Clubracer

Like Tree400Likes

Xpress Execute XQ1S Sport Clubracer

Reply

Old 02-28-2019, 07:38 AM
  #496  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 145
Default

I bought a used xq1 roller to swap in the sway bars bulks, heads and alloy suspension holders. The car has gained a substantial weight. The front alloy spool is 4 grams heavier and I had loosen the belt tension because it was too tight.

The car so far is slower than it was prior to upgrades. The entire box stock setup goes the xq1 is inferior compared to the xq1s. Right now I am still in the process of getting the roll centers and all the other settings to match my xq1s. So the good news is that the xq1s is more suited for high grip carpet box stock compared to the way more expensive xq1.

I can definitely feel the potential of the xq1 though. While it is slower, it was more easier to drive and more consistent

To clarify, me and John noticed that the car loses a lot of speed mid corner. It does have a lot of steering but it just scrubbed a ton of speed mid corner. The roller did have the reduced Ackerman steering knuckles. After the race with feed back from John I swapped back the stock knuckles and it carries a lot more speed but I think the belt that is too tight is causing too much drag. I also noticed my front roll center is lower than my previous setup. So I fixed all of that stuff today. Let's hope it makes a difference the next time out. But the car stopped traction rolling.

Last edited by s14_tat; 02-28-2019 at 09:30 AM.
s14_tat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:05 PM
  #497  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,077
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

roll centers are different between XQ1 and XQ1s? Where are thses different coming from?
Airwave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:52 PM
  #498  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: western MA
Posts: 27
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

What are you 21.5 folks running for FDR & motor? I've got a Reedy S Plus and the sheet recommends starting at 4.30 at 35deg timing. I gotta get some pinions/spurs to make this happen, but don't wanna waste $$$ getting too many parts I won't use. Was thinking of 44/100 or 42/96. My local track is indoor black carpet and is relatively small/tight.
SqueezeCheeze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:38 PM
  #499  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 2,513
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SqueezeCheeze View Post
What are you 21.5 folks running for FDR & motor? I've got a Reedy S Plus and the sheet recommends starting at 4.30 at 35deg timing. I gotta get some pinions/spurs to make this happen, but don't wanna waste $$$ getting too many parts I won't use. Was thinking of 44/100 or 42/96. My local track is indoor black carpet and is relatively small/tight.
I run on reasonably large outdoor tracks and my FDR is around 3.2 with around 40 degrees timing. Check with the guys that run at your track what a good ballpark is.
gigaplex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 04:07 AM
  #500  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 145
Default


Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
roll centers are different between XQ1 and XQ1s? Where are thses different coming from?
There are no shims on the top of the steering knuckle on the the xq1s and the shims are 1mm shims at both front and rear bulk heads.

The xq1 has 1mm shims at the front turn buckle on top of the front knuckle and non at the either bulk heads. So the roll center is higher front and rear on the xq1s. Surprisingly I think the xq1s by default is setup for higher grip. The xq1s also has 2 hole pistons with 1.1 mm holes in it with 450 cst oil when the xq1 has 4 hole with 1.1 mm hole on it and 400 cst oil

So is my car still a xq1s? The only part that is a xq1s is the front spool because I run 21.5 and it is 4 grams lighter. I do take pride that the xq1s is so cheap but it technically is a xq1 now.






Last edited by s14_tat; 03-03-2019 at 04:36 AM.
s14_tat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:50 PM
  #501  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,975
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default


Done beating up on the VTA guys so time to see what I can do in Can-Am Stock TC. Normally run my Awesomatix but that's now dedicated to Mod.

Box Stock setup except
1.3 sway bars front and rear
Xray 2.5-2.8 Front spring w/ 5.6mm downstop
Xray 2.5 or 2.7 Rear spring w/ 4.6mm downstop

I think the fastest lap in practice was a 9.8 by the guy who went on to wax the field lapping them 3 times. I got down to 10.1 on Gravity Type C which are at least a tenth slower on our low trip black carpet.

Should be able to get it pretty competitive...

iTz Nicholas72 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 05:16 PM
  #502  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 338
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Where do you race? If you ever in NY, come check out 360v2.
johnzhou2476 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 04:06 AM
  #503  
Hua
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 489
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default



Hi, this is my Xq1s from Singapore.
Bartolo Racing likes this.
Hua is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:09 AM
  #504  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post

Done beating up on the VTA guys so time to see what I can do in Can-Am Stock TC. Normally run my Awesomatix but that's now dedicated to Mod.

Box Stock setup except
1.3 sway bars front and rear
Xray 2.5-2.8 Front spring w/ 5.6mm downstop
Xray 2.5 or 2.7 Rear spring w/ 4.6mm downstop

I think the fastest lap in practice was a 9.8 by the guy who went on to wax the field lapping them 3 times. I got down to 10.1 on Gravity Type C which are at least a tenth slower on our low trip black carpet.

Should be able to get it pretty competitive...

I like how you are doing this with a near stock chassis and keeping everything fiberglass.
s14_tat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:29 AM
  #505  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by Hua View Post


Hi, this is my Xq1s from Singapore.
Is that a single belt conversion?
s14_tat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:34 AM
  #506  
Hua
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 489
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by s14_tat View Post
Is that a single belt conversion?
Yes, custom
Hua is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:43 AM
  #507  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by Hua View Post
Yes, custom
What are the advantages? I know in theory it is suppose to more efficient but there are so many tight bends in the belt.
s14_tat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:18 PM
  #508  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,975
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

iTz Nicholas72 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:47 AM
  #509  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 324
Default

I just put together a XQ1S, and drove it on black carpet for the first time yesterday. Coming into any corner > 90-degrees where you really needed to slow down it had a light chatter that I thought was the body rubbing... but it did with the body off. Next I thought it was too much throw on the servo as the front driveshafts start to make noise at full-lock... but if I adjust things to be completely silent at lock it takes away half of my steering. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so is it something the double-jointed shafts from the XQ1 will fix? (XP-10166). Thanks!
PetRock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:39 AM
  #510  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by PetRock View Post
I just put together a XQ1S, and drove it on black carpet for the first time yesterday. Coming into any corner > 90-degrees where you really needed to slow down it had a light chatter that I thought was the body rubbing... but it did with the body off. Next I thought it was too much throw on the servo as the front driveshafts start to make noise at full-lock... but if I adjust things to be completely silent at lock it takes away half of my steering. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so is it something the double-jointed shafts from the XQ1 will fix? (XP-10166). Thanks!
I never drove the car with the stock axle in the front. I went straight to the double jointed axle. It fits but you need to run 5x10x3 bearings on the inside of the hub.
s14_tat is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service