Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 03:34 PM   #721
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
Hi Everyone,
First thing I want to say is HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my brother
*****************"BOOMER"************** May 11.
I want to thank him for all the hard work and late hours he puts in helping everyone with the IIC info. Thanks Bro.

To all of you that are signed up for the IIC, Thanks, I cannot believe that we sold out in 8 days. For those of you that were not able to join us last year, I promise you that you will have a wonderful expereince at the IIC. For those of you that are making it year 2 for the IIC, it will be better than last year.

I know there are some guys that did not sign up yet, I encourage you to send in your entry and we will start a waiting list. Last year we did have guys that had to cancel, so I know we will have some openings.

SANTINUCHI: I know you will have a great time at the IIC. With a very well run program. Time Table to show you exactly what time your heat and race are up. To the wonderful Goodie bag you will get with a bunch of stuff in it, and a chance to watch the best racers in the world put on a show. It is a great event. Oh yea. I forgot, the included buffets you get at the track on Thursday and Friday. I think you will have a great experience with us.

BHENDERSON: Thanks, Your are going to have a blast.

JONTAG: Thanks Jon, those are kind words. Glad that EXPRESS Motorsports will be there again.

ADRIANM: Mercedes, WOW. Thanks. LUXURY. I like that. Nexy year tell Robin you are going to race with us. He will have to come here and run the shop while you race.

That is about it for now. Again Happy Birthday BOOMER. and as always if anyone has any questions or needs help, just let us know.
Thanks,
Scotty
SCOTTY- I hope that you give me a birthday shot out at the Reedy. Mine is May24th and unfortunately I share the same day as Barry Baker....LOL I'm younger though
Old 05-11-2006, 03:38 PM   #722
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BHenderson Send a message via MSN to BHenderson Send a message via Yahoo to BHenderson

Happy Birthday Boomer!
Old 05-11-2006, 03:47 PM   #723

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Boomer=Hero
Old 05-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #724
Tech Adept

Default Question!?

Who want's to answer this? I do realize that for all of us this race is first and formost supposed to be fun first and then all of that other stuff comes into play like solid qualifying, clean runs,CLEAN PASSES, and the best and most intense r/c racing in the word. Right? Well, my question is "Where do you draw the line?" i know that everyone is different but with onlly having to run the car 2 times a day how do you divide your time between the two without overdoing one or the other. I guess the best way to ask this is "How much time should I spend STROKING MY SEDAN AND 1/12 TO GET THE BEST OUT OF ALL OF US?!!!!
Old 05-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #725
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by santinuchi
Who want's to answer this? I do realize that for all of us this race is first and formost supposed to be fun first and then all of that other stuff comes into play like solid qualifying, clean runs,CLEAN PASSES, and the best and most intense r/c racing in the word. Right? Well, my question is "Where do you draw the line?" i know that everyone is different but with onlly having to run the car 2 times a day how do you divide your time between the two without overdoing one or the other. I guess the best way to ask this is "How much time should I spend STROKING MY SEDAN AND 1/12 TO GET THE BEST OUT OF ALL OF US?!!!!
If you don't have a local carpet track to practice at the next best thing to do is get with a factory driver and get a set up from one of them. Time will be an issue but you have to make the best of those four runs.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:13 PM   #726
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
I agree with the above; BUT, I had a wonderful time at IIC just spectating in 2005. If I wasn't in the race this year, I'd still go to spectate. Great fun and close racing at all levels.

Bill (First IIC entrant this year...he, he...)

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:39 PM   #727
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

how about the updated 19t motors that are allowed list?
Old 05-11-2006, 06:00 PM   #728
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Santinuchi, the best thing you can do is find a setup from a pro that works for your cars on carpet and go from there. I had the same anxiety as you last year but I asked what would be a good setup for carpet with rubber and it turns out I was already running it on my cars on asphalt. I have the same cars as last year and know my setup works, so now this year I will just work on driving skills rather then worrying about setup. Ask in a thread here, if there is one specific to your car or maybe others here will have an answer for you once you tell them what car you have. Carpet is deffinitely different if you have never run on it but once you do it is the best surface imo.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:18 PM   #729
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Happy Birthday Bommer

Best Regards,

Alex
Old 05-11-2006, 10:28 PM   #730
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Daddy Boomer

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys.

There will be a listing soon of approved 19 turn motors on WWW.Intchamps.com

2 reminders,
Please get your entry fee sent in ASAP
Remember you must have your entry fee sent and postmarked by Friday May 12, 2006.

If you have not made your reservations at the Southcoast please do so thru our website with the code provided. Look at the check out date to make sure it is correct.

Pm me if you have not already with the racers that will be in your room.

Thanks
Boomer
Old 05-11-2006, 10:39 PM   #731
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Scotty, Hey Boomer, Happy Birthday.

I just want to know where I can see who is signed up into what class, or will that be coming up soon.

Thanks
Jesse
Team Associated | Reedy | Orca
Old 05-12-2006, 05:41 AM   #732
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mark G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Boomer
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys.

There will be a listing soon of approved 19 turn motors on WWW.Intchamps.com

2 reminders,
Please get your entry fee sent in ASAP
Remember you must have your entry fee sent and postmarked by Friday May 12, 2006.

If you have not made your reservations at the Southcoast please do so thru our website with the code provided. Look at the check out date to make sure it is correct.

Pm me if you have not already with the racers that will be in your room.

Thanks
Boomer

Dang I wish I could go to this race Looks like its going to be a blast this year!!
Old 05-12-2006, 06:57 AM   #733
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
"How much time should I spend STROKING MY SEDAN AND 1/12 TO GET THE BEST OUT OF ALL OF US?!!!!
santinuchi, you do realize that the car that you recently acquired from jim herrmann tq'ed the first two rounds at this very race last year, right? i think the setup is pretty well figured out.

just don't let jimmy talk you into the 2+2 block, and you'll be ok.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:05 AM   #734
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball
santinuchi, you do realize that the car that you recently acquired from jim herrmann tq'ed the first two rounds at this very race last year, right? i think the setup is pretty well figured out.

just don't let jimmy talk you into the 2+2 block, and you'll be ok.
I've already told him that the 3+2 block is the way to go. And he changed it. So he should be ready to TQ now for all 4 rounds.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:10 AM   #735
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Herrmann
So he should be ready to TQ now for all 4 rounds.
I thought that task was assigned to Wise?
Closed Thread