R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 01:08 AM   #211
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K
Boomer....I just made my room reservation and it said that the reservation is subject to availability????
Has the hotel code been released? If so please post, I'm ready to book rooms.

EDIT: Found it linked from the site which enters the code for you. INT0919

BOOKED See-ya in Vegas!

Last edited by Anthony.L; 04-04-2006 at 01:18 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:23 AM   #212
Suspended

Just noticed that the normal room rate for Tues, Wednes, Thurs, and Sunday nights is $79.00.

Is it possible to get this rate for those nights, and then the $89.00 for Friday and Saturday night?
Old 04-04-2006, 06:38 AM   #213
Tech Addict

Default nose bleeds from Jack the Gripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson
can you imagine the consistent traction we would have

i got two nose bleeds at the carpet nats (my guess was the jack) and McMoney got one too. we confirmed with each other that we both never get nose bleeds...
Mark thought I was crazy, but I have had problems with nose bleeds from Jack the Gripper also. First time was at the Carpet Nats when it was in Minnesota a couple of years back. It took me over a week after Stockton for my nose to be almost healthy again.

I don't have any problems with Paragon. So when people think they are 'helping keep people healthy' by using Jack instead of Paragon - WRONG.

Barry Strasnick
Old 04-04-2006, 06:55 AM   #214
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well I am booked, so now I hope I can at least make it into the race!! If not I guess it will be a long week of just watchin others race!!
Old 04-04-2006, 07:07 AM   #215
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Deznuts05

hum.. book a room or wait for registration hum...

any word on the lower pricing for the weekday stays? Granted I'd be only saving a few bucks, but a few bucks that could go towards tires t-plates who knows
Old 04-04-2006, 08:43 AM   #216
Suspended

Hate to be the one to bring up this ugly topic, but it was bound to happen sometime.

*Putting on my protective headgear*

Any word on if the IB4200 & GP4300 will be legal for this year's race?
Old 04-04-2006, 09:22 AM   #217
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to DerekEngland Send a message via Yahoo to DerekEngland

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSmooth
Just noticed that the normal room rate for Tues, Wednes, Thurs, and Sunday nights is $79.00.

Is it possible to get this rate for those nights, and then the $89.00 for Friday and Saturday night?
I called yesterday and tried that aproach, I was told that they have set our rate by averaging out the room rate... Which is still going to cheaper overall.... I went ahead and book our room.... Now I just have to get an entry form and flights booked...
Old 04-04-2006, 10:15 AM   #218
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
I would like to see a ban on all forms of traction compound. There is no good reason in my opinion for our hobby to be using such toxic chemicals and exposing ourselves to potential long-term health effects. The skin on my hands is so destroyed from this stuff that it is no stronger than tissue paper and ultra sensitive and always painful. This I know is directly caused by the compounds we use. I have also developed allergies to over 70 different foods, as well as environmental elements over the past 2 years. Although difficult to prove, this is very likely a result of these chemicals we use. I have asked one manufacture to tell me what is in it so that I can discuss this with my doctors but they refuse to tell me so their competitors can copy their "secret sauce". I now wear gloves when handling the compounds but this only reduces and does not eliminate the exposure. In Cleveland I also got nosebleeds, was spitting up blood and could not sleep more than an hour a night due to very laboured breathing and wheezing.

I really love this hobby and don't want to give it up, but after the end of this summer I may be forced to if we continue to use these compounds. I almost quit after Cleveland, but I really wanted to race the reedy race and worlds this summer. After that I will have to re-evaluate.

Sorry for being long winded and talking about this in Scotty's thread but I would love to see support for my call to ban all traction compounds. There is just too much evidence that this stuff will cause serious health issues to many people.

Martin.
Wow, I love racing too but I think I'm going to love seeing my future grand kids more.
An ingerdient I don't have any doubt being in tire traction since they are used in the rubber manufacturing undustry is Benzene and possibly acetone and hexane as thinners.

Martin- please take care.

Mike

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
Old 04-04-2006, 11:21 AM   #219
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

thanks Mike.

Hey Scotty, you are a trend setter....you could be the first major race to ban traction compound...it's the right thing to do for the health of all racers.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #220
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Group rate number

Is there an IIC "Group Rate Number" to refer to in order to book a room now?

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:20 PM   #221
Tech Addict

Default traction compound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Crisp

Hey Scotty, you are a trend setter....you could be the first major race to ban traction compound...it's the right thing to do for the health of all racers.

that's why I used to love asphalt racing back when they sprayed sugar water on the track (instead of VHT), and we put suntan lotion on our tires.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:44 PM   #222
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just go here Bill. The codes already there. R.W.

https://reservations.synxis.com/lbe/...rt=09/24/06%20
Old 04-04-2006, 02:39 PM   #223
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

Barry...me to.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:41 PM   #224
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

No compound would be interesting but cool.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
Old 04-04-2006, 02:53 PM   #225
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree Martin, problem is that it actually has been tried before and failed. With the non-smelling additives it is just about impossible to truly ban it. There will allways be someone that either puts the additive on before going to the track, or goes of site to put it on. Once dry you simply don't know who did and did not use any.

But, if anybody can find a way it'll be Scotty. While I like grip, getting away from the chemicals would be great in my book. And while we're at it, let's ban motor spray and brake cleaner as well. There is pretty nasty stuff in most of those too. And it's airborne...