R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-24-2008, 11:39 PM   #61
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Mixed emotions

NOOOOOOB here.

3 Months ago i couldn't finish, 2 Month ago i was 8 laps back, now 0-2 laps back, depending on everything.

"Team Crash" yep i was simply lucky to go 1 minute into the race. Then it got to 2 then 3 then 4.

I will never forget my first 5 min run yep 9 laps back but i will remember that day so much more than your 2,790th win at the local track.

Etiquette NEEDS TO GO BOTH WAYS. It is not a ONE WAY STREET.

After reading your 60 posts, i'd say 58 of them explain how we need to get out of your way. The other 2 were from the sand lands. and two seemed to mension my point to follow.

I AGREE, BUT YOU ALSO NEED TO SPOT US AND JUST AS NICELY GO AROUND US.

I am simply asking for at least 1 corner to realize you are there and one to let you go. I can now spot you coming but even that took time and practice.

You Fast guys never give up do you, you complain at the track, then you do it here LOL. Actually at our track the really fast guys don't complain its just the ones that think they are fast, wonder if thats who's typing here?????????

PS, If you are simply wanting to get more long term addicted racers Pro's, Good drivers, and Beginners need to show each other equal respect. The Pro's and Good drivers will come back next week, but the new driver might just find something else better to do LOL, not me i'm hard headed can't take no for an answer.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:57 PM   #62
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm really not one to complain about other drivers and I'm always very understanding if someone takes me out because I've certainly done it on accident to others. But the one thing I've noticed a lot in RC racing is that the outside car rarely gives way. If a car is passing you on the inside don't just maintain your line, go a little wide and lift a tiny bit. It's that way in every form of racing known to man, if you're beaten to the corner you concede your position. But I rarely see that in RC at the club level and often the person on the inside is made to feel like they are the ones doing something wrong if they make contact with the car they are trying to pass.
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:36 AM   #63
Tech Adept

Relax people this is just a hobby.

Imagine a new guys first day at the track getting yelled at by one of the faster locals. Do you think he comes back?

Racing is racing, I don't think anyone should have to pull over, or get out of the way. It is the person passing who has to wait untill they have an opportunity to pass safely.

The guy in this thread origionally did not describe a pass, he described a hack. He stated the that he passed the guy right. So he passed cleanley. Then he stated the guy hit him in the next corner, which is a hack. Hacks usually happen by a person trying to pass. Hacks are not acceptable.

So in short, if someone is in the wrong it is generally the person from behind. If the cars are side by side it's open for debate.

So this pull over and get out of the way crap is garbage. The person in back has the responsibility to pass cleanley no matter if they are passing 1st or 10th.
Spoook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:53 AM   #64
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

So check this one out...second qualifier at the HPI challenge, I was the lucky one to be last on the grid the first time and so I was up front. It was a full field, so I'm at the first turn to allow for everyone to be on the straight.

Tone goes off and I get on it from the beginning of the turn and coming out of the turn, get taken straight out by the second car, who proceeds happily on his way. Meanwhile, I'm upside down out in the boonies waiting for a marshal.

So I try to get back into the race (tough with a silver can) and towards the end of the race(about 4-4:30 in), I'm running up on the dude who ran me over...again, silver can stuff, so no extra HP...I'm WAY faster than he is, but I try to get around him cleanly through about a lap or so of side-by-side, nose/tail racing. At some point, he ends up spinning out and I get the position...and he starts talking trash about how I took him out.

He straight-up hacks me and keeps going...then he bitches because he spins out after I go door-to-door with him. Nice. (BTW...I never said a word when he hacked me.) I said, "Screw you...at least I didn't hack you and keep going."

His response: "I'm not known as a hacker."

My response: "You are now."

His excuse was that I wasn't going fast enough exiting the turn (go figure, 10 feet of run from a dead stop, in a turn, with an HPI silvercan and 4.XX FDR)...and that it was legal to do in NASCAR, so it's legal for R/C.

Sportsmanship at its finest...LOL
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:29 AM   #65
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default racing

Side by side is okay. Whatever the outcome is nobodies fault, and keep on going.

Bumping nose to tail is not okay. If the leading car spins, you have to wait for him to get running first and you follow.

So if the guy is blocking you in every corner wait for the straights to pass him. To the leading guy on the straight, please stay on the the straight line and don't swerve to much, if you get hit blocking the following cars path, it's your mistake..

On approaching a corner, sometimes I give way if the following car is faster than me. but I don't expect anybody to give way for me, so I try my best to pass them on the inside. Once I pass you, you'll get left behind..
grizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:06 AM   #66
Tech Champion

Personally, I feel that if you have the slower car and you're being lapped, let them through. But only if its safe to do so.

I was in a Stock qualifying session yesterday (round 3) where I was put in with regular B main guys, I took TQ by over a lap. So it just goes to show that you can all get along if you are considerate and/or have the skill to get round the slower car.

In round 2 it was rather scrappy and I had at least 3 bad laps because of lapping incidents. I spoke to everyone in that heat after the race and said "guys, all we are doing is slowing each other down and possibly ruin our cars. Its going to make everyone quicker to let someone by than to tangle with each other and get bad laps". After that in round 3 I made up 2 laps.. about 20/22 seconds

Consistancy helps you wins races, you cant do that when you're crashing into each other regardless of if you're in the A main, or the C main.

Its no fun trying to lap a slower car and you take each other out... ending it with a dnf.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:27 AM   #67
Tech Master

Default Lapping

Wherever you race, I think when your being lapped you have to give way.. just give enough space so the leaders can pass you safely, usually by going wide on the corner... The reason I think is if you don't give way, you will be slowing the leader down in a way that the cars chasing him can get closer to him.
grizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:20 AM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Here's how I look at it on the "Karma balance".

If he straight-up hacked me and kept going on the first turn, >10 feet into the race (which he did), he had absolutely no right to say a word, even if I blatantly hacked him and kept going (which I didn't). You know when you take someone out and you know when you did the wrong thing.

FWIW -- That's how I see it.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #69
Tech Elite

Wow ... Etiquette ... goes both ways ...
Old 12-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

We have a dude at our track that likes to take out the leaders. He will be about 3-4 laps down and when I come up on him he goes for the throat and laughs.
nickdawg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #71
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Sounds like the same old story as it was back in this 5 yr old thread. Kudos for using the search feature on RCTech.
AE SC10 AE B4.11
SS LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #72
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to JiuHaWong

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdawg18 View Post
We have a dude at our track that likes to take out the leaders. He will be about 3-4 laps down and when I come up on him he goes for the throat and laughs.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #73
Suspended

Well , it really depends on the lead.... If the lead is huge, then a little tussle won't hurt....lol...
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdawg18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Well , it really depends on the lead.... If the lead is huge, then a little tussle won't hurt....lol...
Sounds like he is talking about you bertrandsv87
Old 12-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #75
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You could be talking about alot of guys I've raced against. Also on the subject on moving over on the driverstand. You ask them nicely and the act like statues and don't hear you. them make you drive from the stairs. We you get in there way because you are at a big disavantage of not see everything clearly- they getmad and take you out down the back straigtaway. After the race you find out who the driver was (the guy right next to you) and he did NOT say a word! The fix is payback is only around the corners as they say. Next time the whole driversstand group will not move over I will get on the track infront of the driverstand until they make a spot.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote