R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2006, 10:18 PM   #31
Tech Master
 
Soviet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Littleton, CO - USA
Posts: 1,708
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin
Straight from "lap traffic's mouth". Just kidding Sean, I still love ya. There definitely is a level of courtesy missing from some drivers. If your class is filled with good drivers who are always set apart by seconds, you need to let the top drivers through. Sorry, this wasn't your week. Face it, you're not going to make up the 10 to 12 seconds you're already down. If you drive with a bunch of hacks, make the guy earn the pass. It makes for better entertainment for the spectators.

It's all good. I always seem to be on the verge of getting consistent and then have to stop racing for a month or two. Oh well, I just enjoy hanging out with a good bunch of guys even if I'm not the fastest...

__________________
"You don't get hurt racing little cars..."

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #32
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Omaha
Posts: 76
Default ETIQUETTE??!!

The fast guys require it. The slow guys get abused by it. At my local track it seems that if you're fast you hack the slow cars off of the track, if you're one of the slow guys you need more bumper on the back of the car 'cause you're a target. As a result, the racing is dieing in my area.
I've raced in several real car venues and have never been exposed to more blatent rough driving by the local hot-shoes. As you can tell I'm not one of the fast guys.
lumberjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 04:07 PM   #33
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjak
The fast guys require it. The slow guys get abused by it. At my local track it seems that if you're fast you hack the slow cars off of the track, if you're one of the slow guys you need more bumper on the back of the car 'cause you're a target. As a result, the racing is dieing in my area.
I've raced in several real car venues and have never been exposed to more blatent rough driving by the local hot-shoes. As you can tell I'm not one of the fast guys.
Sounds like you've been getting lumber"jacked".
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 04:26 PM   #34
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Omaha
Posts: 76
Default

"Zact-ly", it's hard to cut the mustard when you're playin' ketchup. Around here it's tough to get fast on this rug when you have to drive off-line all the time and play C.Y.A.
lumberjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:26 PM   #35
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Money86mcss
Ok...so last weekend I was in a pretty good race for the lead with someone in our touring stock main. I stayed on his bumper pretty much the whole race, and we had separated ourselves from the rest of the field. I was being careful not to make any kind of move that would wreck either of us and was just waiting for him to make a mistake or give me enough room to pass. It had been a really exciting race the whole way (even tho there wasn't any passing yet) and it was shaping up to be really good at the end...until we came up on lap traffic. About 2 and a half minutes in, we caught the 10th place car. He generously pulled completely out of the groove and let us both go before continuing. But then we caught the 9th place car about a lap later. This guy went high and I thought he was letting us go also. The leader got under him in a sweeper and I followed. But the next corner was a sharp 180 in the opposite direction of the sweeper and with all the speed this guy had built up from running the outside of the sweeper, he overdrove the next corner and put his nose into the side of my car (yeah, the side, not even the back). This put my car nose first into the outside pipe, the turnmarshall went to his car before mine, and by the time i got going i had lost about 10-12 seconds on the leader.

My beef: This isn't the first time this has happened to me and i have seen it happen to others all the time too. I'm a huge fan of racing in general, and every other kind of racing i watch the racers respect the leaders in a sort of "racing etiquette." You don't have to pull completely out of the groove like the first car i mentioned (although that is great), but just realize that if you are battling for 8th place; the battle for the lead is more important: just give the leaders the postion if they have managed to get under you. When I race state races, I am not A-main material...I take notice of who in my heat is going to have a chance to get to the A, and give them the position when they catch me. And if I get lapped in a main, I try to make sure not to interfere with the leaders.

It seems like a large portion of rc racers have little or no awarness of who is who on the track and just race hard against anyone who tries to pass them. I have tried calling out "that's leader" or whatever, but it seems like people still don't realize your talking to them, or choose not to listen. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of people that i love to race with, and thats why i race rc cars, it would just be nice if everyone in the hobby followed this etiquette a little. It just seems like common sense to me and a lot of my friends; I didn't even have to learn to let faster cars go when i first started racing; it just came natural. Anyway, i am just venting, let me know what you guys think about this subject.
TJ

sounds like you are too eager beaver to pass. i see lap traffic as an oppurtunity to gain time or make up time. so it can work both ways. you probably have gained as much as you have lost out. but you only notice the times when they slower guy takes you out.

usually the person who wins is the person who can get pass lap traffic the best.

heres a tip. get to know the slower drivers and then they will know which car is yours and when racing they will more than likely recognise your car when you approach them and let you pass as they usually let theire "friends" pass.

what i really hate though, is when the newbie lets you pass, and then they try to follow you, overshoots and take you out on the next corner!
XingXing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:45 AM   #36
Tech Master
 
grizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Filipino Contract Worker in Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Posts: 1,036
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RC Racing Etiquette

Hi, everybody... , we just form a rc racing club here in Saudi Arabia, mostly filipinos, and I was trying to get the group acquinted with the rc racing rules... cheers..
grizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:51 AM   #37
Tech Master
 
sportpak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ft Wayne, IN
Posts: 1,314
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

I wish that kids these days would tie their damn shoes. That would maybe make their reaction times faster to marshall.
__________________
-Tamiya TA05-R - Tamiya M05 - Summit Raceway Ft. Wayne, IN

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:57 AM   #38
Tech Master
 
grizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Filipino Contract Worker in Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Posts: 1,036
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RC Racing Etiquette

I'm trying to source out information for our group, to get a guideline on how to have a clean race... and if we have to participate on organized races.. will be ready and not be ignorant of how to act properly.. Cheers
grizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:45 AM   #39
Tech Elite
 
squarehead's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wheaton, Illinois
Posts: 4,211
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Default

I thought there was a Soviet sighting and then I looked at the dates on the original postings... LOL.
__________________
Everything depends.
Nothing is always.
Everything is sometimes.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:54 AM   #40
Tech Master
 
grizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Filipino Contract Worker in Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Posts: 1,036
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed View Post
I thought there was a Soviet sighting and then I looked at the dates on the original postings... LOL.


We are mostly newbies.. just to avoid arguments during racing...
grizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:23 AM   #41
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed View Post
I thought there was a Soviet sighting and then I looked at the dates on the original postings... LOL.
It's funny that you say that. He used to race at our local track and then he just disappeared. (Wife, house, school) Yesterday he shows up out of the blue just to say "hey".
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:53 AM   #42
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,052
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

I honestly feel this is a pointless discussion. The people that don't understand how to move out of the way are not aware of their surroundings. These people are the same ones driving 55mph in the fast lane, and get ticked when you honk, flash your lights, etc... to go past them on the road.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:04 AM   #43
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,038
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Money86mcss View Post
Ok...so last weekend I was in a pretty good race for the lead with someone in our touring stock main. I stayed on his bumper pretty much the whole race, and we had separated ourselves from the rest of the field. I was being careful not to make any kind of move that would wreck either of us and was just waiting for him to make a mistake or give me enough room to pass. It had been a really exciting race the whole way (even tho there wasn't any passing yet) and it was shaping up to be really good at the end...until we came up on lap traffic. About 2 and a half minutes in, we caught the 10th place car. He generously pulled completely out of the groove and let us both go before continuing. But then we caught the 9th place car about a lap later. This guy went high and I thought he was letting us go also. The leader got under him in a sweeper and I followed. But the next corner was a sharp 180 in the opposite direction of the sweeper and with all the speed this guy had built up from running the outside of the sweeper, he overdrove the next corner and put his nose into the side of my car (yeah, the side, not even the back). This put my car nose first into the outside pipe, the turnmarshall went to his car before mine, and by the time i got going i had lost about 10-12 seconds on the leader.

My beef: This isn't the first time this has happened to me and i have seen it happen to others all the time too. I'm a huge fan of racing in general, and every other kind of racing i watch the racers respect the leaders in a sort of "racing etiquette." You don't have to pull completely out of the groove like the first car i mentioned (although that is great), but just realize that if you are battling for 8th place; the battle for the lead is more important: just give the leaders the postion if they have managed to get under you. When I race state races, I am not A-main material...I take notice of who in my heat is going to have a chance to get to the A, and give them the position when they catch me. And if I get lapped in a main, I try to make sure not to interfere with the leaders.

It seems like a large portion of rc racers have little or no awarness of who is who on the track and just race hard against anyone who tries to pass them. I have tried calling out "that's leader" or whatever, but it seems like people still don't realize your talking to them, or choose not to listen. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of people that i love to race with, and thats why i race rc cars, it would just be nice if everyone in the hobby followed this etiquette a little. It just seems like common sense to me and a lot of my friends; I didn't even have to learn to let faster cars go when i first started racing; it just came natural. Anyway, i am just venting, let me know what you guys think about this subject.
TJ
Welcome to club racing!!! When there is no separation due to a small field, thats what you deal with.........eveyone you are racing with has to deal with it.
If your ever involved in a "team" type events, and your teammate takes you out (more than once)....that grips some serious a$$ as well
convikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #44
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3
Default

i agree
ovalguy38900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:55 PM   #45
Tech Master
 
mild seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,035
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mild seven
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
Hi, everybody... , we just form a rc racing club here in Saudi Arabia, mostly filipinos, and I was trying to get the group acquinted with the rc racing rules... cheers..

hey

heres a link to our clubs code of conduct (u have to download it) which basically has what is right and wrong in a overtaking manovure or what do when lapping or being lapped etc

http://www.brccc.org/content/index.p...cman&Itemid=85

hope this helps
mild seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Northwest Racers General Discussion Thread Desolas Northwest Racers 23 02-14-2008 03:17 PM
Could This Help Save Your Local Track and Racing in General? mrrcguy Electric On-Road 25 02-13-2008 11:10 PM
Trying to understand Nitroracer8 Rookie Zone 80 12-06-2007 10:13 AM
help don't understand roadkill Electric On-Road 1 06-01-2007 12:06 AM
Your opinions on this bit of racing etiquette..... Mabuchi540 Electric On-Road 37 02-10-2005 07:18 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:51 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net