Like Tree698Likes

Handout motors

Old 11-15-2018, 07:59 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by FunStuff View Post
The slower guys need to race among themselves to have fun. Just like the faster guys have more fun racing among themselves.

Rich
If a slower guy wants to race with the faster guys and it is possible then it is his choice even if the faster guys don't want it.
I hate it if faster guys outrule others.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
If a slower guy wants to race with the faster guys and it is possible then it is his choice even if the faster guys don't want it.
I hate it if faster guys outrule others.
I do. I stand no chance Iíve getting better then 4rh. Unless they all crash and break. Donít care. At one point there were 4 fast guys and 5 of us new to racing. The 5 of us had our own battles. Then one by one they stopped racing. Wasnít from motor expenses or even losing. Regular life got in the way. Couple changed jobs, kids had a Saturday activity. So I race against my previous times. The others encourage me to not just get out the way any more. Make them work for their pass. Except the final. Then I let them go.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

I do. I stand no chance Iíve getting better then 4rh. Unless they all crash and break. Donít care. At one point there were 4 fast guys and 5 of us new to racing. The 5 of us had our own battles. Then one by one they stopped racing. Wasnít from motor expenses or even losing. Regular life got in the way. Couple changed jobs, kids had a Saturday activity. So I race against my previous times. The others encourage me to not just get out the way any more. Make them work for their pass. Except the final. Then I let them go.
You are supposed to get out of the way just enough to follow the faster guys closely in order to record their racing line and racing pace, then go setup your car to keep that same recorded pace: it's all in your mind....You'll be much closer to these fast guys if you run with them rather then running with the slower guys, but the most important thing is to keep getting informed about the latest and greatest ideas here on Rctech with "moi", and then you'll beat most of the fast guys.......
Old 11-15-2018, 02:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
: it's all in your mind.....

No... I'm quite certain it's all in YOUR mind.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:57 PM
Tech Prophet

You are supposed to get out of the way just enough to follow the faster guys closely in order to record their racing line and racing pace, then go setup your car to keep that same recorded pace: it's all in your mind....You'll be much closer to these fast guys if you run with them rather then running with the slower guys, but the most important thing is to keep getting informed about the latest and greatest ideas here on Rctech with "moi", and then you'll beat most of the fast guys.......
oh I try to follow them as close as can. Itís a experience thing. They have 20 years of racing, I have 20 racedays. I could trade cars with them and theyíd still be ahead of me. Watched one do laps with my F1. Car heís never driven and controller heíd never used, in 5 laps he did laps that 2 years later I still havenít caught up with.

Unfortunately Iím the only ďnew racerĒ left in the group. Maybe next summer that will change, but that long way off.

Hopefully I wonít go 30+ weeks without racing. Like last winter. Though thatís already not looking good.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Understood, but don't feel too bad: I am up to 80+ weeks without racing....Hopefully I can get back to the track before 2019.....
Old 11-15-2018, 05:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Understood, but don't feel too bad: I am up to 80+ weeks without racing....Hopefully I can get back to the track before 2019.....
Ouch. Iíve given up for this year. Iíll try again after the new year. Unfortunately itís a health situation that I have no control over. Heading towards the end, unfortunately thereís only one outcome.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

Sorry to hear about your health issues. Get better one day at a time. Hope you make it at the track before I do....
Old 11-15-2018, 05:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Sorry to hear about your health issues. Get better one day at a time. Hope you make it at the track before I do....
Itís not me. Itís my dad. Parkinsonís.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

I see...Stay strong... I heard lots of talk about Coconut pulp helping folks stricken, but then again.....
Old 11-15-2018, 05:47 PM
Tech Prophet

I see...Stay strong... I heard lots of talk about Coconut pulp helping folks stricken, but then again.....
Unfortunately far past any of that. Into the final stages.

Sorry guys for going of track in the depressing way.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Stay strong Billy. We're with ya
Old 11-16-2018, 05:12 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jiml View Post
Stay strong Billy. We're with ya
Thanks. Iím fine. It is what it is. Nothing I can do about it.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Handout gives better racing action for the 'show': US style rc racing......
13.5 blinky and Mod gives more knowledge and hence better racers: European style rc racing....
Who has the most World Titles???
How many of the European handout racers have World titles???
with all your knowledge how many world titles do you have? And the United States has the most with 35
gigaplex likes this.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Don't feed the Bert!
freebird and gigaplex like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.