Search
Like Tree63Likes

PROTOform F26 Responds to Popular Demand

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by EricPF
It may require some creative trimming to get it to look right, since that wing has a dished out section in the middle compared to the flat center sections of the PF, AE and Tamiya wings. But the nose is 40mm wide at the very front, the space between the add-on winglets is 43mm, so it should fit fine.
Hi Eric. I ordered an F26, front wing and rear wing from the Protoform shop. The package came today but no front wing. No damage to the box and no evidence that it had been opened prior to me getting it.

Can you have a look into it for me? Order number 6345.

Cheers
Old 03-16-2018, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sparksy
Hi Eric. I ordered an F26, front wing and rear wing from the Protoform shop. The package came today but no front wing. No damage to the box and no evidence that it had been opened prior to me getting it.

Can you have a look into it for me? Order number 6345.

Cheers
Sorry about that, I've passed the issue over to the sales/shipping team and they'll get you sorted out asap!
carkillaii likes this.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by EricPF
Sorry about that, I've passed the issue over to the sales/shipping team and they'll get you sorted out asap!
All good. It's on its way.

Thanks for the assist!
Old 03-19-2018, 01:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Yep!!

Great observation....and funny!!!!
Originally Posted by ASM
Dale and I have certainly had a difference of opinion previously, but in this case, I don't even run F1 and even I really like what PF has brought to the racers. You know, I watch this class run over and over and over, both on asphalt and carpet, mostly from a turn marshal perspective and at times I'm waiting for you guys to finish up your heat so I can get on the stand. The one thing that is glaringly obvious, 90% of you haven't quite figured out how to get the push out of your car. Those that have are consistently faster and usually find themselves on the podium. None of that is a bash by no means, it's just a realistic observation. Other than the cool factor, the first thing I noticed with this class is the cars just struggle to turn and rotate. Yes, I know it's much more than the body causing the issue but maybe it will help to a degree. And any help is better than nothing, right? It doesn't really matter how the car looked or performed in real life because it's not going to apply to R/C racing.

I'm not sure bashing with negative comments produces anything constructive. BTW, the sales of the body will provide PF with all the opinion numbers they need.

To me, it looks like PF may have produced a body that can functionally be a possible tuning aid. If for no other reason, that in itself should be welcomed because from my uneducated position I see pushing problems, diff problems, and a lot of traction rolling unless you have the exact right tire on the car just to name a few......and despite all that, this body almost wants to make me give the class a try.
ASM likes this.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:58 AM
Tech Addict

I know some guys were wondering how the nose of the Protoform F26 would mate-up with the Montec front wing.

I took this pic at the Canadian On-Road Nationals last night.

Seems like they were made for each other....lol.

Dale - Protoform
Attached Thumbnails PROTOform F26 Responds to Popular Demand-f26-w-montec-wing.jpg  
Old 06-03-2018, 11:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Will this body fit in the Exotek F1R3?
Old 06-04-2018, 06:06 AM
Tech Regular

What about Xray X1?
Old 06-04-2018, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ryan391
What about Xray X1?
Originally Posted by GhenzZ
Will this body fit in the Exotek F1R3?
Yes, the F26 will fit all popular F1 chassis.
Old 06-04-2018, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Does it fit differently than the previous generations of Protoform bodies? I found the previous generations did not fit the X1 very well.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ryan391
Does it fit differently than the previous generations of Protoform bodies? I found the previous generations did not fit the X1 very well.
Yes, there is extra clearance built in around the rear pod and side damper area. Mounting to my AE F6 (which is very similar in layout and geometry to an X1) was a breeze compared to our previous bodies.
mackin and RobS like this.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Agree, this body is super easy to mount, and nicely covers the rear area more. Also, the steering...

Now, get on some wings! I have basically every wing made.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Plenty of room on a Roche Rapide F1 Evo

Fredp1 likes this.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I really cannot understand the criticism from the earlier pages... The body looks more realistic than many other mostly used bodies. If I want to criticize then that PF didn‘t add a sponsor decal sheet to make it Williams BMW FW26 xD

I also posted these pictures in the F1 thread, but if someone searches on Google for the look of this body, he will find this thread. So again, here is my version:

sosidge, DavidNERODease and EricPF like this.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Beautiful job!
Old 01-03-2019, 12:58 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

So how is this body on black carpet now that it has been out for some time? Can people actually feel a big difference between other F1 bodies?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.