PROTOform F26 Responds to Popular Demand >

PROTOform F26 Responds to Popular Demand

Like Tree63Likes

PROTOform F26 Responds to Popular Demand

Old 03-11-2018, 12:25 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Now if only they could use higher quality lexan.
miller tyme and josecarlo1129 like this.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleepp View Post
CBear3;

So nice to know that I had a chance to live rent-free in your head for a little while - LOL. You nailed that explanation perfectly.

Our first three F1 designs were aimed mostly at realism and style. Like every other class in rc racing, it starts off as an "enthusiast" driven class. Inevitably the "speed at all cost" guys show up with one objective - to TQ and WIN regardless.
The body development for the "cool new class" suddenly become a source of controversy as they evolve - mainly because bodies have a huge influence on speed and handling. (look what's happening right now in the USGT / GT10 class)

So far we at PROTOform have catered to the F1 "fan and enthusiast", and now the F26 is our way of reaching out to the guys that are all about speed and winning. If we had brought out this body as our first F1 body, PROTOform would be accused of bastardizing a great class for our personal gain.

Incidentally, have you seen some of the weirdly concocted F1 bodies that are used in the ETS series? They represent "nothing" from any era of F1 racing - yet they are approved for racing.

Thanks for listening.

Dale Epp - PROTOform
Some of the ETS accepted bodies are downright hideous. I still think the Fifteen and Fourteen with a a revamp of the spur/battery/rear upper pod plate area would be a good idea.
Tim Neja likes this.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree with the revamp of the Fifteen body to accomodate the wider higher rear chassis designs that have come out like the VBC FX 18 and others. I"m NOT in favor of doing anything to create downforce and handling at the expense of realism. One of the things I LIKE about F-1 is realistic looking cars!! Here's pics of my recent paint scheme as an example of trying for realism---but I DID have to hack the rear of the body off to clear the side dampening tubes and the body cannot sit low enough in the rear to cover the upper tray and be low to the ground as well.
Attached Thumbnails PROTOform F26 Responds to Popular Demand-img_2580.jpg   PROTOform F26 Responds to Popular Demand-img_2579.jpg  
lagcisco likes this.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Now if only they could use higher quality lexan.
Idd, and thats serious... How thick is the lexan used, says light weight but I surely hope not.
Wont invest my time and money in creating a nice body just to see it cant even take some airflow like the beautiful Swift 235 I made last year.
Thats been sitting on the shelf since the rear wing folds on the straight.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:50 AM
Tech Regular

Whilst not for me this is a very clever way of getting some aero based on a real F1 car that was raced.

I know the ETS shell that Dale refers to, and in my view it has no place in the class. Thankfully we've seen sense in the UK where it is banned for racing.

Will be sticking to Protoform Thirteen and now Fifteen on my WTF1 car. I prefer more realistic looks, and after flirting with a modern scheme for Vegas have gone back to revamping classic Lotus schemes.

Planning to get to the May ETS round to race F1, and looking forward to seeing my good looking car on a big tarmac track
Old 03-13-2018, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

i wonder that this body would fit on f1r3
Old 03-13-2018, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Well I got a chance to drive the F26 on my F6 this weekend at the Roar Carpet Nationals. I like the look and the functionality of it. I drove my 15 most of the event but spray bombed the new body after seeing how good Eric Epp’s car looked on the table and on the track. Lexan quality was great, being durable and light weight. It was so light weight I had to add weight to the chassis ( which is where you want it). I personally feel that had I been running this body from the start my results would have be better than the B main finish I had.

ASM, mackin and DaSilva3525 like this.

Last edited by JustWill75; 03-14-2018 at 04:10 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:27 AM
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Will, the car looks great! I always wondered what brand of blue you were using to paint your cars.....and now I know
Old 03-14-2018, 04:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default F26

I keep waiting to see how this fits the newer Montech front wing.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThrottleKing View Post
I'll let you know this weekend
chensleyrc1 likes this.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThrottleKing View Post
It may require some creative trimming to get it to look right, since that wing has a dished out section in the middle compared to the flat center sections of the PF, AE and Tamiya wings. But the nose is 40mm wide at the very front, the space between the add-on winglets is 43mm, so it should fit fine.
jimjav and NutDriver like this.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricPF View Post
It may require some creative trimming to get it to look right, since that wing has a dished out section in the middle compared to the flat center sections of the PF, AE and Tamiya wings. But the nose is 40mm wide at the very front, the space between the add-on winglets is 43mm, so it should fit fine.
Gee Eric, if a new F26 body kinda made it's way to a certain F1 racers pit at TQ that usually paints some very realistic blue and white F1 cars (cough, cough), we could see how that body would fit with a Montech front wing. (hint, hint).

Panda
Old 03-14-2018, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
I'll let you know this weekend
You hooked after driving mine? lol.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkBurgess View Post
Whilst not for me this is a very clever way of getting some aero based on a real F1 car that was raced.

I know the ETS shell that Dale refers to, and in my view it has no place in the class. Thankfully we've seen sense in the UK where it is banned for racing.

Will be sticking to Protoform Thirteen and now Fifteen on my WTF1 car. I prefer more realistic looks, and after flirting with a modern scheme for Vegas have gone back to revamping classic Lotus schemes.

Planning to get to the May ETS round to race F1, and looking forward to seeing my good looking car on a big tarmac track
Glad to hear you will be going back to the Gold Leaf Lotus for IIC 2018 Mark. The Toro Rosso last year was cool but....... it just was not a Gold Leaf Lotus. I am going to get an F26 to try out because as much as I love running the F15 body, hacking so much off the back to clear the side dampers was painful. Regardless of which I end up running, you can still expect to see my Mild Seven inspired dark blue / light blue / white paint scheme at IIC later this year.

Panda
Old 03-15-2018, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Indy car
MantisWorx likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.