Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Infinity IF11 1/10th f1 >

Infinity IF11 1/10th f1

Like Tree38Likes

Infinity IF11 1/10th f1

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-03-2018, 06:17 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Infinity IF11 1/10th f1
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Ifinity 1F11 Wiki Post!

Print Wikipost

Old 08-12-2018, 09:30 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by viking44 View Post
Hey man if you say so. Donít get me wrong, I like it. Is it practical? Not so much. To get access to the servo, you need to remove the top half, which includes the upper arms, maybe disassembling the steering knuckles. And that just an example. Hopefully you donít need to get to that servo horn very often.

To be honest, how often do you really need to access the servo horn...on ANY car?

Cant satisfy anyone these days. Uses a cookie cutter design, criticize it for not being original. Minimal design changes throughout the year, complain they arent innovative enough. Come up with something drastically new, shoot it down and say its unnecessary and unpractical.
ShadowAu, Smashrc, advfuel and 3 others like this.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thisguy2849 View Post
its just 2 maybe 4 screws that come out and the top half comes off. No need to take off arms or knuckles.
Looks like the lower arms thread into the plastic mono? If so, not sure I like that part of it.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Save me

Originally Posted by disaster999 View Post
you know you could just buy the servo saver from xray right?
It's just my way expressing the ridiculous situation with servo savers in kits... very few kits include them and if they do - usually they rattle off the interior wall of the garbage can before the chassis even hits the track (unless it's an Xray).
This new Infinity chassis is my top contender to replace my X1'15 but I hope to see what RSD and Speedmerchant has for us first. I'm looking for a kit that brings something significant to the table... if Xray includes the gear diff in their X1'19 that could win me over as well (not holding my breath after the X12'19 FAIL however).
Old 08-13-2018, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
It's just my way expressing the ridiculous situation with servo savers in kits... very few kits include them and if they do - usually they rattle off the interior wall of the garbage can before the chassis even hits the track (unless it's an Xray).
This new Infinity chassis is my top contender to replace my X1'15 but I hope to see what RSD and Speedmerchant has for us first. I'm looking for a kit that brings something significant to the table... if Xray includes the gear diff in their X1'19 that could win me over as well (not holding my breath after the X12'19 FAIL however).
You know Xray won't include the diff. Too much money to be made selling it separately.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yep, no way I'm buying a "premium" chassis from the manufacture that created such a significant upgrade to the pan car class if it isn't included in the kit. Imagine if the T4 didn't include the short shocks. Imagine your T4 still looked like a farm tractor with shock towers poking out of that Exotek USGT body. It's F'ing insane.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

... and we are talking about injection molded parts (Xray gear diff). Injection molding is for cheap MASS production. Crazy.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just learned about this car today. I’m not familiar with the brand. I’ve heard of it, but that’s about it. My Associated F1 is still faster then my ability, so not really looking to replace. More just curious about how this design compares.
seasonvett likes this.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

It's mostly the same as the Roche, Xray, Associated etc. but the front end looks awesome'er and might be better due to improved rigidity (the weak point of the current top F1 designs).
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Maybe better Ackermann.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
It's mostly the same as the Roche, Xray, Associated etc. but the front end looks awesome'er and might be better due to improved rigidity (the weak point of the current top F1 designs).
will current F1 bodies work?
Old 08-13-2018, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Body

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

will current F1 bodies work?
I assume - can't see anything that would cause an issue.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

She ain't cheap though... https://gripworksrc.com/collections/...-formula-1-car
More than an Xray and I assume no body or wings plus it's mostly made of Roche parts from their F1 which is far less costly.
Being sexy is expensive.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

It appears that pretty little monocoque cost the racer about $136CAN... there are a couple other little things in kit that the Roche doesn't have but yikes.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post

You know Xray won't include the diff. Too much money to be made selling it separately.
It is possible. Wait for 2 years when every kit comes with gear diff then Xray must have to include gear diff in kit.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:32 PM
Tech Adept

Reviewing the current offerings is driving me back into the arms of Xray

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service