• 1 Post By MUDVAYNE
  • 1 Post By haywood
  • 1 Post By miller tyme

Hudy Pan Car Setup Station

Old 03-01-2018, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default Hudy Pan Car Setup Station

So I had an interesting conversation with one of the fast guys at my track this past weekend. He was saying that the Hudy pan car setup station is off when it comes to measuring the camber on my 12th scale car. I have had someone else tell me this as well. Has anyone else heard of this? One guy told me that if I were to use the station for camber, to set it at 2 degrees and it would get me close to the half a degree I was wanting. Just wondering what everyone else's feelings or thoughts were on this? Thanks!
Old 03-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

well easy way to check is use a standard camber gauge to double check it. I don't have that one as it only gives two ride height options, it sets my car really high as in if set to 3mm height with the gauges on it'll be 5.5-6mm
Old 03-01-2018, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I used the hudy station .and found the same thing with camber settings .. Ive always used an old rpm camber gauge and havent had any issues ...
Old 03-01-2018, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mb racer View Post
I used the hudy station .and found the same thing with camber settings .. Ive always used an old rpm camber gauge and havent had any issues ...
I have the set of CRC graphite gauges so maybe I'll check it against them. I got this as I thought it would be a simple and faster way of setting both camber and toe.
Josh-n-ya likes this.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Setup

I believe the Hudy is off as well. I currently use the Kyosho Pan Car Setup Station and really like it!
Castradamus likes this.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Most setup stations will be off compared to a static camber guage. I have found about a half degree differnece between my hudy and the crc graphite guages. I think the reason for this is because how far the tires go in towards the center of the chassis, whereas the setup stations dont. If you take the tires off your car and put them on backwards you generally will see more negative camber as well.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE View Post
I have the set of CRC graphite gauges so maybe I'll check it against them. I got this as I thought it would be a simple and faster way of setting both camber and toe.
I use the setup station for steering and getting the basic camber set. But I always use the gauge with tires on to get my true camber set. The CRC camber gauge works best.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
I use the setup station for steering and getting the basic camber set. But I always use the gauge with tires on to get my true camber set. The CRC camber gauge works best.
tires on is the worst, glue beads and out of round tires throw it off.

beside accuracy is not as important as repetition. I really don't care if I usually run .5 or 0, as long as I can set it the same every time.

I've seen some that replace the kingpin for measurements, that would be the best.... and biggest pain in the @$$
Essnowyt likes this.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
tires on is the worst, glue beads and out of round tires throw it off.

beside accuracy is not as important as repetition. I really don't care if I usually run .5 or 0, as long as I can set it the same every time.

I've seen some that replace the kingpin for measurements, that would be the best.... and biggest pain in the @$$
I havenít had any issues with tires on while using the gauge. Tires wear even. Only when I rely on the Hudy for camber is when I get weird tire wear.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Camber gauge or can of coke lol