Like Tree9Likes

MTC1 or BD8?

Old 02-22-2018, 09:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default MTC1 or BD8?

What are your thoughts on these cars? I will be running either of 25.5, 21.5 or 17.5. Whichever is popular at the local track. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

A few quick drivers struggled with their MTC1's at our track. Medium size, high grip new asphalt. So given that choice, I'd go to the BD8. However, the most popular and quickest cars at our track are the X-Ray and TC7.1.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Forgot to mention, I will be running in medium size carpet track. Right now it's gray carpet but will be upgraded to black carpet in the near future. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by glennhl View Post
A few quick drivers struggled with their MTC1's at our track. Medium size, high grip new asphalt. So given that choice, I'd go to the BD8. However, the most popular and quickest cars at our track are the X-Ray and TC7.1.
Without reworking the roll centres many struggled with the mtc1. Took me a while to figure it out but when I finally did it was a marvel to drive.
OSherman and glennhl like this.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BD1541 View Post
Without reworking the roll centres many struggled with the mtc1. Took me a while to figure it out but when I finally did it was a marvel to drive.
Curious, did you raise or lower the factory roll centers?
Old 02-22-2018, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Germanic, are you racing at Bush Diver in Columbia SC? If so I would go with an X-ray or tc7.1 as that’s what all but 3 or 4 of the drivers are running. Parts and set up help be readily available.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:29 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 192 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Germania View Post
Forgot to mention, I will be running in medium size carpet track. Right now it's gray carpet but will be upgraded to black carpet in the near future. Thanks.
I do not have the mtc1 but a few of my friends have them and on carpet they struggle with the car they really like the tc7ís.1 and xray on carpet. On asphalt from what they tell me the mugen is great out of the box.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

I can say that I prefer my MTC1 over my T4'17. Both perform extremely well but the design of the Mugen is more advanced and the overall quality is slightly higher than the Xray. Xray is probably better right out of the box but that's not enough of a reason to choose it over the Mugen IMHO.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

MTC-1 I had was a few things to me. First, it was the easiest car to work on. Very easy to maintain, service, take apart and make changes on. On asphalt, it was easy to find the set up I liked. The car was too flexible everywhere though. I think that's the main reason why the car struggles in carpet. And the default roll center is very off.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by snuvet75 View Post
MTC-1 I had was a few things to me. First, it was the easiest car to work on. Very easy to maintain, service, take apart and make changes on. On asphalt, it was easy to find the set up I liked. The car was too flexible everywhere though. I think that's the main reason why the car struggles in carpet. And the default roll center is very off.

So even with aluminum chassis it has too much flex? Thank you for your feedback.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
I do not have the mtc1 but a few of my friends have them and on carpet they struggle with the car they really like the tc7ís.1 and xray on carpet. On asphalt from what they tell me the mugen is great out of the box.
Marcos.J, I have an MTS T2 right now and will be keeping it for asphalt and would like to try something else for carpet.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
Germanic, are you racing at Bush Diver in Columbia SC? If so I would go with an X-ray or tc7.1 as thatís what all but 3 or 4 of the drivers are running. Parts and set up help be readily available.
Professor, yes. I will be racing at BRR. How is the tc7.1 compared to T4? I find the T4 parts considerably high compared to other TC chassis with similar design. Do you race at TC at BRR?
Old 02-22-2018, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I would highly recommend going with either a TC7.1 or T4.

Over half the field is TC7.1 at BRR followed by Xray then two Awesomatix and Serpent guys.

I'd lean towards the Xray because even though I had good luck when I ran Associated I've seen them break WAY more often even in 25.5TC compared to Xray.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I’ve only broken a couple parts on my TC7.1 still have tons of spares. Stop by the track this Sunday, I’ll be there. Blue, white, and black car
Old 02-22-2018, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by glennhl View Post
Curious, did you raise or lower the factory roll centers?
I had to lower both front and back not to mention switching to the single pc upper deck. We only race on asphalt and the challenging aspect is that our traction here is always low. Never raced in carpet so on that its a different story. Wouldn't be any better i'd imagined. In case most didn't know there is a huge significance in rear stability from just changing the rear standard shock tower to of the thicker shock towers made by vigorrc. The factory pc is too thin and flimsy in nature. Try rocking it slightly with your hands and you'll be surprised how flexible it is. Apart from these the build on the plastics and alloy parts is top notch.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service