R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-03-2002, 07:56 AM   #91
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

John Bull- Jeff Antle is a very nice guy, he doesn't have to 'try'. You should try to quit talking bad about everything and lighten up a little.
pimpedaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 08:44 AM   #92
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to JANTLE

JOHNBULL is correct about the x-ray thing. While I was at Cleveland Sakke told me the real events that happened to lead to the making of the x-ray. This is why the prototype is being sheltered as much as it has. I am trying to stay out of the whole argument over the Corally vs. x-ray thing. This is all in the past. This new car will speak for itself. Just remember...... When you make a copy you get the good with the bad. This is why Corally designs their cars from scratch. We only want the best. This is also why it will be a long testing process so there dosen't have to be upgrades released each month. I am sure that this will not be the last time you see a Corally in the finals. This car is not even released yet. JOHNBULL is a nutral person since he is a distributor for many brands and his opinion is his own. If I said alot of the things that I thought it would be bias. This is why I choose to take the high road and live in the future instead of the past.

Thanks for the nice guy comment!!! I try. Can't wait till we can race together again.

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
JANTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 09:16 AM   #93
Tech Master

Pimpedaccord.

Sorry, I'm not with you.

I've never met Jeff but I am absolutely sure he is a great guy. What I meant was he is being too humble - and that's a compliment. Actually he has explained his position, and I agree with him entirely. I don't have to side with anyone in particular. I have my own favorites, but whatever the customer wants I'll sell him., whether I think it's crap or not.

Now tell me where I'm tearing everyone and everything apart, as you insinuate.

Jeff.

I too know a bit of what went on. I talk to Constant frequently, and respect him greatly.

When we were at the Worlds in 98, when Constant and Pete were up to their eye balls running the prototype C4 cars, they still found time to see to my sons motors, and just couldn't do enough to help us. And it's not as though young Josh was in there with a chance of winning much, either. But they still helped lots more than some other people that really should have helped us - and didn't. Perhaps I should also mention Novak that were of tremendous help, and still are. I sell lots of their stuff.

We don't run Corally cars ourselves - yet! But we do run their cells and motors and are very pleased with them, and the service we get from Corally. In touring cars Josh runs a TC3 and I run a Yoke. And if you really want the whole story I also sponsor a guy with a Losi.

Congrats again, and keep up the good work.

Now where can I find some results?

Oh and one last question Jeff. Does Pimpedaccord drive an X Ray by any chance?

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 11:51 AM   #94
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

John, I didn't mean to start anything, just got the impression that you think everything sucks... Don't worry about.

I made a custom car over the summer, and am making another one now, so no it's not an xray or even close...
pimpedaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 03:45 PM   #95
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Nice to see Doseck win. Kinda funny how everyone is surprised that he won. Before he hurt his hand years ago he was a very dominate driver and would win in 12th scale, dirtoval, and anything else he touched. HE was sponsored by Cam when I saw him Dominate the 91 Dirt Oval Nationals with over 460 entries so it is no surpeise he won 12th scale. He is just forgotten some since he has not raced alot like he did years ago. Still a very nice story to see a blast from the past lay it down once again. I bet they won't forget about him next time.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 03:55 PM   #96
Tech Rookie

Guys, I heard he won with a car he diesigned? any of the guys who attended this year see it?
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 04:17 PM   #97
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Hey lets not forget Dosie is a World Champ in 12th scale mod....over and in a heated battle with the great Massami. Im not surprized that he won he has the talent but not the access to the really good stuff and this just showed its not always money that wins.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 05:14 PM   #98
Tech Master

There was a guy at the "champs" that was supposed to be posting pics and results. I was there but I forgot his website. If anybody out there knows fill us in please.

Dosek looked strong all weekend. I'm not sure he could have worked passed those guys but he held them off like a pro !!. It was impressive indeed.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:53 PM   #99
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to JANTLE

Charlie, I believe it was www.nashrcracer.com.

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
JANTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 11:50 PM   #100
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Exclamation

thanks Jantle I almost missed posting it again stil looking for other sites to link back for race results. the orion site seems to be the best but I found this british site that had some good stuff. did add some pictures to the site but nothing else till I get my camera back form the guy I was racing with.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 09:13 AM   #101
Company Representative

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The Losi site has some results also...
Tres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 01:10 AM   #102
Tech Addict

here are some pictures before the race!

HPI's Prototype pics and more...

Last edited by racer; 12-05-2002 at 01:13 AM.
racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 04:25 AM   #103
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Despite scouring the place for results, the only place I found a clear top ten in touring mod was in the Losi site. hanks for the info TRES.

It makes interesting reading. Good to see Novak with 4 cars in the top ten. Good to see Corally in there with their prototype.

Can somebody tell me what sorts of turns these guys were using in their motors in mod.

Looks like it was a keen race.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 08:15 AM   #104
che
Tech Regular

I was talking with Dale Epp from ProtoForm at our local race last night. In TC most guys were running 8 turns, however he spoke with a few guys that were down to 6 turns (sick). The TC's were actually turning slightly faster times than the 1/12th mod guys.
And the 1/12th guys were running anything from a 8 turn and up. I believe Dosek won with a Fantom Ti 10 single.
che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 08:21 AM   #105
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

CHE, You are correct. CD went down a little motor, but relied on his smoothness to bring home the gold.

It was AWESOME to Dosie win a big one again. He has one some major races and a World's, but it has been a while and it is much deserved. The crowd was really behind him and that was a site to see.

Dumas has to be the coolest guy. He was so happy he won he was crying. That is cool. That was a well deserved victory also.

Congrats to the both of you CD and Mike Dumas!!!

Rob Love