R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-02-2002, 02:50 PM   #76
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

team orions site has descriptions of how the mains went in mod sedan and mod 12th. from what ive read there was some pretty good racing going on.
Jarrod Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 03:01 PM   #77
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

Frank,

Good luck on the new prototype. I used to run a hpi and hope to again someday. The shaft drive car is a good choice. We all hope the new car will improve on the pro 3. Maybe you guys can be the first company to come out with a factory team kit right at the onset. That would be a great improvement over any other company. Please don't make the new car a plastic nightmare that needs ton's of hopups.
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 03:43 PM   #78
Tech Master

Frank,

The problem HPI had with the Pro-3 was simply because off the major rep you built up with the excelence of the Pro-2.
It just wasn't as good out of the box at it's release like it's predecesor (or something).
The Pro2 ruled bigtime.

Good luck in the future!

Regards,
Pizza
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 04:41 PM   #79
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to stormperson

anyone know what kind of 12th scale ralph burch ran?
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 04:55 PM   #80
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

The Mains are posted on the results page. www.nashrcracer.com

Thank you Mr Bill for all your help with results this weekend.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 04:59 PM   #81
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

you guys are funny talking about HPI let's talk about associated running losi hubs and shock tower on their cars.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 05:12 PM   #82
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by nashrcracer
you guys are funny talking about HPI let's talk about associated running losi hubs and shock tower on their cars.
LOL..i was waiting for this one...I saw the pics of Josh's car...but were there anyother "AE" guys doing the same?...

btw...what's the deal with Josh?..Is he an AE guy now?...I know he has been running the TC3 for bit now (since that Trinity Relfex EP escapade), but what's the word?, Anyone know?
Old 12-02-2002, 05:13 PM   #83
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

As far as doseck winning 1/12 mod... Everybody was watching Dumas and Lemieux go at it in what looked like a repeat of the TC mod main. About 1/2 way thru, some spectators started saying , " hey, look, doseck is in 3rd!". Paul and Mike had a bit of a crash and Doseck cruised by. At this point everybody's eyes bugged out since this was totally unexpected. Shouts of "go Chris" and "go Dosie" went up, people really got behind him as the underdog. He was closely followed by several cars, including Kinwald, Spashett and Cyrul if my memory is right. Doseck ripped it a bit to get those guys off his back, and then played it cool for while as they fell away due to crashes or techincal trouble. He was being challeneged by i think Spashett with about a minute to go and he ripped it again down the straight to get a little space, and then let David close in on him as time ran down. By now everybody is freaking out trying to figure out if he can hold David off and not dump. the race went down to the last lap as they both made it around with about 2 seconds to go, and ran the last lap nose to tail. Doseck brought it around maybe 1 or 2 tenths ahead and won it. The crowd was shocked and excited, and tons of people surrounded Doseck on the stand to congratulate him. Chris looked like he was about to pass out after that run. That was the best race i have seen in a real long time.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 05:14 PM   #84
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Burch ran the new HyperDrive car, which is really nice looking.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 05:20 PM   #85
Tech Master

Default proto's

Hi guys,

As I recall there was also a third brand running in the A/mains.
This proto did NOT barrow any other brands parts.
These were all dutch handmade parts.

That's the way to do it.
(but I do understand thecost-issue of the others..)

Pizza.

haha guess where I'm from.
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 07:30 PM   #86
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to JANTLE

PIZZA......... I am sure that you are refering to Corally. Your information is incorrect as to the prototype not using other parts. As some others have stated and I will comfirm it is alot less expensive to try an idea using or modifing existing parts than it is to spend money to make a mold to find out how it will work. This has been done once already on the new car only not to work. We have used other parts to try diffrent ideas. Since the car is not done yet there may be more. Soo far no parts are planed to be copied, just tested to make sure the idea and geometry is correct before the mold is made. I want to be upfront about what you might see on one of our prototypes while testing.

Not a bad showing huh? First time out against major competition and it is part of the top 3 designs. There could have been two prototypes in the A but one of the parts that we used from someone else kept breaking.(I guess that we will have to redesign it)

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
JANTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 01:08 AM   #87
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Well done guys. Not a bad show putting a brand new car in the A main, first time out. And even better Simo placing 7th.

Jeff, you are trying to be an "extra nice guy". So maybe Corally have looked at, and used other parts here and there, whilst experimenting with prototypes. But let's be fair, Corally must be the most copied manufacturer in the RC trade. Corally ideas have been copied from day one, be it in 1/12th scale, Pro 10 or touring cars. Some guys have even gone so far as to X ray the car and then go into production as though it was all their own bright idea.

Anyway that said, I still don't know who won at Cleveland, so I'll switch over to Team Orion now to find out.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 03:39 AM   #88
Tech Fanatic

It takes more than one swallow to make a summer. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 06:42 AM   #89
Tech Master

Rick.

I suppose you're right. It does take more than one swallow.

Now let's see. Those with plenty of swallows:
Yokomo - possibly past tense but multi victorious nevertheless. Associated - victories too numerous to mention.
Losi - Victories too numerous to mention.

And now we come to those single swallows:
Tamiya - World champs once - no other big ones.
Corally - World champs once - Spashett 1/12th.
Corally - European TC champs once - Andy Griffiths.
Schumacher - World Champs once - Masami Hirosaka.

Can't think of any more really that have won races of World or Continental significance. I mean the real big ones, not some piddly club race.

I know you are an X Ray works driver so you may be upset that I haven't mentioned your team. Well in reality what have they won. Young Jilles Groskamp seems to be the only person able to make it work. He is the only person that ever manages to get an X Ray in the A Main. He used to win just as much when he drove Corallys, but to date a real big one still eludes him and X Ray. He is quite brilliant - one of Europe's best.

Perhaps you will allow me too to finish off with a proverb:

SECOND IS THE FIRST LOOSER.

Just winding you up!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 07:26 AM   #90
Tech Fanatic

XRay are still a relativley new company in comparison with every other that has won big events its just a matter of when not if it wins. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote