Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie to RC, please advise!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 07:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Newbie to RC, please advise!

Hello! I just purchased a MO6 chassis from tamiya and the 540 J motor was included. Also included with that set was the TBLE 02S electronic speed controller.

The wiring doesn't seem natively compatible ; the ESC has three wires and the motor only has 2.

Also, the kit did not include a steering servo. Can anybody recommend one for this kit?

I have a Tactic TTX300 3 channel controller, a Tactic TR325 3 channel receiver, and the aforementioned TBLE02S ESC.

I'm a sincere novice at all this stuff, so any and all clarification would be helpful!
-Taylor
Old 03-17-2018, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

That Tamiya speed control can be used with brushless as well as brushed motors. The speed control manual should be in the box, but you can download a copy at the following link;

https://www.tamiyausa.com/pdf/manuals/45057ml.pdf

For the kit supplied silver can motor, use the blue speed control wire to the motor negative and the yellow to motor positive. The orange wire is not used.

The M06 mini does not need anything special for a steering servo, and a Futaba S3004 will work fine and be inexpensive.