R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Team C TC10 2018 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/1005854-team-c-tc10-2018-a.html)

nickw 12-20-2017 11:46 AM

Team C TC10 2018

Red RC ? RC Car News » Team C TC10 2018 ? Coming soon

I'm Nick Williams, Team C's On-Road Manager for the USA. The new TC10 '18 is releasing soon. I'd like to start this thread as a way to answer questions and generally give some support for anyone that needs it!

So, with that, I'm all eyes... Saying all ears sounds weird on a forum.

Nick :)

massenb203 12-20-2017 12:46 PM

Okay Nick, Let get this party started.

SteveM 12-20-2017 01:18 PM

Looks very nice but the $699 price tag will work against it once released.

nickw 12-20-2017 01:26 PM

Agreed Steve, that's the MSRP. I'm pretty sure the price will be 40% off that.

zaraz 12-20-2017 06:07 PM

wow that looks good, when is it being released

Billy Kelly 12-20-2017 06:19 PM

I’ll see where this goes. Still up in the air about what to add for next year. And considering how well my rebranded BT4has held up, I’m open to consider this.

TeamThibault 12-20-2017 07:56 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...6a3ba66448.jpg

Tc10 2018

belewis01 12-20-2017 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by nickw (Post 15108832)
Red RC ? RC Car News » Team C TC10 2018 ? Coming soon

I'm Nick Williams, Team C's On-Road Manager for the USA. The new TC10 '18 is releasing soon. I'd like to start this thread as a way to answer questions and generally give some support for anyone that needs it!

So, with that, I'm all eyes... Saying all ears sounds weird on a forum.

Nick :)

I'm sorry, but I don't get it - your 2018 TC10 is pretty much a 2015 X Ray T4 clone isn't it? Yes, I see a slightly different motor mount and lay shaft mount, but everything else looks like a copy of X Ray parts - am I wrong?

nickw 12-21-2017 07:07 AM

I was just notified they will release the kit for sale on January 1st 2018 :)

Originally Posted by zaraz (Post 15109107)
wow that looks good, when is it being released

nickw 12-21-2017 07:13 AM

Many parts are very very similar. Most of the plastics can be interchanged.

Carbon and alu parts are all different though. Though they may look similar, they wont work without modification.

It's not a bad strategy. If you have a Team C car at a track and break a plastic part you don't have, most times an xray part will get you going. Most onroad tracks carry xray, so that helps.

Team C parts and cars are generally much less expensive too.

Hope that answers your question :)

Originally Posted by belewis01 (Post 15109249)
I'm sorry, but I don't get it - your 2018 TC10 is pretty much a 2015 X Ray T4 clone isn't it? Yes, I see a slightly different motor mount and lay shaft mount, but everything else looks like a copy of X Ray parts - am I wrong?

SteveM 12-21-2017 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by nickw (Post 15109468)
Many parts are very very similar. Most of the plastics can be interchanged.

Carbon and alu parts are all different though. Though they may look similar, they wont work without modification.

It's not a bad strategy. If you have a Team C car at a track and break a plastic part you don't have, most times an xray part will get you going. Most onroad tracks carry xray, so that helps.

Team C parts and cars are generally much less expensive too.

Hope that answers your question :)

Seems like a very odd strategy to develop a chassis that can use direct fit parts from another manufacturer. At what point does your chassis become a Frankenstein mix of parts and why then would I bother to buy Team C parts when I can get higher quality parts from Xray or another manufacturer?

Pricing at the moment is higher than anything else on the market today from any of the top premium brands. Serpent, Xray, Kyosho, Yokomo and Associated all offer proven race cars at lower prices with excellent parts support. Team C is tiny by comparison to these brands and remains mostly unknown and unproven in sedan racing circles.

The hobby/sport is like most other businesses these days and it's all about branding. Make the best product possible at an affordable price and get that product into the hands of both skilled and the 'every-man' racer as possible so they can achieve the best possible race results. What wins on Sunday sells on Monday.

My advice to the decision makers at Team C would be to price this chassis below every other high-end sedan on the market, increase the number of authorized dealers and make darn sure the kits and parts are readily available. Get this car into the hands of as many racers as possible and grow the brand. Team C remains relatively unknown in North America and I would be extremely surprised if anyone will pony up for this chassis at $699 knowing it's mostly a clone and unproven.

Prove me wrong.

nickw 12-21-2017 08:56 AM

Again, as we spoke about, price to everyone will be 40% off the MSRP, so please let's stop using the overinflated MSRP as the basis for comparison.

That puts it at $420 for everyone before shipping.

I expect the TR10 to get a facelift at some point too to keep the parts similarity the same (that's the base for the rebranded HobbyKing BT-4), and that car street price is in the $150 range. It's a great beginner car.

The hope is, Steve, that we can make a mark in the USA market. Both with the cars performance, and with increasing stock and availability to everyone over here.

That's a slow process, but we're doing our best to make it happen :)

Originally Posted by SteveM (Post 15109552)
Seems like a very odd strategy to develop a chassis that can use direct fit parts from another manufacturer. At what point does your chassis become a Frankenstein mix of parts and why then would I bother to buy Team C parts when I can get higher quality parts from Xray or another manufacturer?

Pricing at the moment is higher than anything else on the market today from any of the top premium brands. Serpent, Xray, Kyosho, Yokomo and Associated all offer proven race cars at lower prices with excellent parts support. Team C is tiny by comparison to these brands and remains mostly unknown and unproven in sedan racing circles.

The hobby/sport is like most other businesses these days and it's all about branding. Make the best product possible at an affordable price and get that product into the hands of both skilled and the 'every-man' racer as possible so they can achieve the best possible race results. What wins on Sunday sells on Monday.

My advice to the decision makers at Team C would be to price this chassis below every other high-end sedan on the market, increase the number of authorized dealers and make darn sure the kits and parts are readily available. Get this car into the hands of as many racers as possible and grow the brand. Team C remains relatively unknown in North America and I would be extremely surprised if anyone will pony up for this chassis at $699 knowing it's mostly a clone and unproven.

Prove me wrong.

SteveM 12-21-2017 09:42 AM

All I can say Nick, is best of luck to you and Team C.

Originally Posted by nickw (Post 15109562)
Again, as we spoke about, price to everyone will be 40% off the MSRP, so please let's stop using the overinflated MSRP as the basis for comparison.

That puts it at $420 for everyone before shipping.

I expect the TR10 to get a facelift at some point too to keep the parts similarity the same (that's the base for the rebranded HobbyKing BT-4), and that car street price is in the $150 range. It's a great beginner car.

The hope is, Steve, that we can make a mark in the USA market. Both with the cars performance, and with increasing stock and availability to everyone over here.

That's a slow process, but we're doing our best to make it happen :)

nickw 12-21-2017 09:58 AM

Thanks Steve! Feel free to message me anytime.

Originally Posted by SteveM (Post 15109603)
All I can say Nick, is best of luck to you and Team C.

dodgeguy 12-21-2017 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by belewis01 (Post 15109249)

Out of curiosity do you ask because it is orange like the Xray? If it was black would you say it is a copy of a Yokomo? Blue it would be a copy of the TC7?

Look at all the TC cars except the awesomatix, serpent and Mugen. They all look the same and share designs that have worked for years.

I don’t run for Team C but I think a lower priced TC is needed in the US market.