R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #1
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Tire Warmer issue

It's a Sky RC and had worked well up until today. It's a not that old, bought new in November. It was hooked up and doing its job when I noticed the screen. Does anyone know what the screen is trying to tell me? No warning sounds and it's still heating, gets up to 200F

R40Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:33 PM   #2
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
It's a Sky RC and had worked well up until today. It's a not that old, bought new in November. It was hooked up and doing its job when I noticed the screen. Does anyone know what the screen is trying to tell me? No warning sounds and it's still heating, gets up to 200F

Have you tried unplugging and plugging it back in? Might sound cliché but my friend's have a similar problem, the screen just craps out for no reason. Power cycling it will revert it back to normal until it happens again
disaster999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #3
Tech Champion

Yes, I tried several times. I tried the reset where you hold the button while powering up. Nothing I've tried works. As soon as it's plugged in, it goes full blast and heats out of control.

I appreciate the suggestion, and I was hoping someone else had run into this and had a solution. Sadly, it looks like I will have to try and return it. Thank you anyway

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQMhKKcaJPscYOrsPz8x-lw?view_as=subscriber
R40Victim is offline   Reply With Quote