Wiki Posts
Search

Micro!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Talking Micro!!!!!

As in RS4...

Check it out. www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/MicroRS4.html.

What should we get next for it? I was sifting through the option parts at http://www.megatech.com/micro_rs4.html and saw some pretty cool stuff. Anything you guys might reccomend?

Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited by Platinum_Racing; 01-07-2006 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Platinum_Racing
As in RS4...

Check it out. www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/MicroRS4.html.

What should we get next for it? I was sifting through the option parts at http://www.megatech.com/micro_rs4.html and saw some pretty cool stuff. Anything you guys might reccomend?

Thanks in advance guys!
Tip from me: go to the ultimate microforum and see for your self what the guys are racing.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

better yet....

http://www.one18th.com/

They sell and can link you to all the things listed...They pretty much have done everything to a Micro RS4 that there is to do....
Make sure you check the 540 motor one....Stupid fast.
Hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
Old 01-08-2006, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Having had the Micro RS4, now having the M18 Xray, the Xray is a much better car, works very well right out of the box, any extra you add makes a difference, with the rs4 you seems to need to spend cubic $ to get it halfway there. Try an Xray, you'll see what I mean.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have the Xray as well as 99% of the other micro racers around here , and love mine. But, last night a guy dropped a RS4 on the track in stock class and that thing was a rocket! It really got me thinking on whether to switch up. Now IMO, the Xray has no equal in the mod. class.

I agree with Shookie, check out http://www.one18th.com/
They have a more rounded site covering all of the micros, not just the RS4.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

I have a RS4 that has been sitting for over a year. I wanted to put it together and play around, but I cant find anyone who has the Golden Horizons front diff. Anyone know where I can get one
Old 01-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've got a roller sitting on a shelf with a carbon fiber chassis, aluminum upper bulkhead, a bunch of tires, nice mustang body. PM me if you might be interested I'll sell it cheap, it also has a mini servo that needs a gear, a HPI mod motor, and a battery pack.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default micro this

I have owned every type of micro made today for onroad.

the m18 is in a class of it's own.. period.

the micro rs4 with a penguin chassis and a good setup is a very competitive car that can hang with the m18 no problem.

the aktion dan 540 micro is insane! it's alot like the m18 with a mamba 8000 in it except it's a little more controllable. TONS of fun to run on a 1/10th track.

no matter which one you go with, it's got the potential to be a blast. If you already have the rs4, I'd say go for the penguin LM chassis and get a mamba 5400 with a nice 7.4V lipo.. aluminum shocks with a good spring setup and foams will help too. Funny enough, i never got any body to run as consistantly as the crappy vw bug body. the chevy silverado worked well too (and looked the best IMO)

have fun man, the micros are great
Old 01-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Hey, I have a M18 with mamba 8000kv running on 6cells, very fast and lots of fun to play with!
Old 01-08-2006, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Wow I didn't think there would be this much response from this thread!

Where can I find this penguin chassis?

What would an Xray M18 go for in good condition?
Old 01-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Go for the M18. It is an amazing on-road micro. For racing, the Mamba 6800 and a two cell LiPo cannot be beat. Two companies that make a great aftermarket chassis for the M18 are EITS-RC (my preference) and Motec.
Used to think a micro was less expensive than my 1/10th TC or my 1/12th car....wrong!!!
Matt
Old 01-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Well I already have the Micro RS4, but I was wondering where I can pick up an oil shock for the rear and a Penguin Chassis. If anyone has any info on either of these products please let me know.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:32 AM
Tech Initiate

MRS4 is the best if you ask me. just what I've used and am comfortable with. try looking around on forums and eBay for a Motek EXO-2 chassis. hard to find because they were discontinued a while ago, but if you wanna get competetive and have the car handle like it should, I reccomend this chassis.

the penguin LM chassis is nice if you can't find the exo-2.. so it's really a win-win situation no matter which way you go.

also, look for an associated micro VCS shock... I believe thats what the penguin chassis uses.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

Micro RS4 all the way, i am planning some really sick things with it check this site -> www.aktionrc.com

I pre-orderd the X3 540r : That means i can put four normal sub-c cells in it (3700s,3800s,4300s) and also a 540 motor, and i am going for a micro servo with the dual link set and then i am going sqeeuze another 2 cells in it !!!!
and for the future i am planning a 12000 7.4 lipo pack or a 8000 11.1 or 14v pack (i really have no idea if it will fit) and then a 8t or BL but the BL motor cans are longer then normal brushed 540s.

Greetings Florian
Old 01-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default sorry

sorry it took so long for me to get back to this.

the penguin LM chassis is now available straight from Penguin (www.penguinrc.com) in a limited edition set (blue or silver carbon fiber) I just found this out and I'm ordering one of each to replace my black sets.

The aluminum shock I use is a simple GH unit found at dinball (www.rcmart.com) it's not oil filled but it works really great when the "shaft" side is coated in a light diff oil like associated diff lube.. needs to be redone each race (usually every 10 runs or so.)

Also alot of people like to run a micro vcs shock from associated.. this shock is really great as well. though for carpet i've found i like the gh or the stock shock better. just my personal preference.

man, i didn't realize that aktion dan had come out with another kit. I've got two of his 540 conversions. one is the collectors edition and the other I converted to use with a li-po pack a while back.. gonna have to pick one of those up.

YAY!!! ANOTHER MICRO!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.