New Gravity Foam spec tire >

New Gravity Foam spec tire

Like Tree402Likes

New Gravity Foam spec tire

Old 11-30-2017, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1 View Post
But getting the new racer to stick with breaking the car until they can drive a rubber car is almost impossible. 1 out of every 10 people I see buy TC's stay longer than 30 days.
I personally have the talent and knowledge to race TC rubber but choose not to, due to the hassle of gluing the sidewall with precision and have the chassis, upper decks and bulkheads all loose and flexing. That is the reason a rubber car is more violent when it traction rolls as well, the chassis "springs" back into shape when rolled.
From my track retail records, my parts sales jumped 38% when we switched from foam to rubber. Tells me more broken cars. Also, my weekly racers declined.
Just a idea but if you want the new guys to stick with it and build up a better group keep there cars from breaking I suggest curbs ,that way there cars push out or flip in the areas where they would have just slammed into the walls . yea it gets aggregating to keep getting it wrong but atleast your car isnt broken...
Old 11-30-2017, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
most of the fastest TC guys I talked to at the Champs would disagree with that statement, except perhaps to say 1 run to break in and 2nd is faster on some batches. after that they drop 2 tenths till till the plateau at slower pace till completely toast
I would be one of the few to disagree.
In stock/17.5 tc new tires are a mental gain only .
Same lap times are possible with 1run or 8run tires (sweep/gravity/jaco) I know of 2 drivers atleast that ran one set from warmups all the way thru the mains and finished top 5 in the A group . get it out of your head that new sets are required for each round
Castradamus likes this.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Can someone post a picture/video of a TC (from US Champs?) with these foams?
Old 11-30-2017, 06:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buckland View Post
Can someone post a picture/video of a TC (from US Champs?) with these foams?
https://youtu.be/ofrR3Xlc8Gw
Old 11-30-2017, 09:25 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a question?

I do not race but I run my car on a course I make up on two adjacent tennis courts and enjoy going out and burning a couple packs doing hot laps. The tennis courts get quite dusty and are pretty darn slippery. I have tried three types of tires so far, Gravity USGT's, Ride 26MM Radials, and Tamiya Super Grips. The Gravity's are like running on ice, the Ride's are OK, and the Tamiya's are slightly better then the Rides but are substantially more expensive and, while I do not have a lot of runs on them, seem like they are not going to last long at all.

Do you think trying something like these foams would be an option or not?

P.S. not interested in saucing etc.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 11-30-2017, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skater-deez1 View Post
Ok so what I'm reading is " make it easier" for people.....ridiculous. Want easy? Play video games, this shouldn't be participation trophies OR create enough classes for everyone to win.
Do you honestly think that someone wants a car that is a Handful to drive OR Easier to drive so you can concentrate driving the course. Im sure all those pro drivers in real racing say to thier crew chiefs make the car suck so I can show how Good I am . Doesn't happen
Cain, el salvador and Antimullet like this.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:49 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

A newbie is much more likely to chunk a foam and deem it worthless than run a new set of rubber every round

A new driver can run the same slow weaving laps with a ten run rubber tire...

Black carpet with boards or pipes is not the arena for a new driver to never break.

If we want new drivers to break less: 25.5 spec and wide open Berm track with rubber tires.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JayL View Post
A newbie is much more likely to chunk a foam and deem it worthless than run a new set of rubber every round

A new driver can run the same slow weaving laps with a ten run rubber tire...

Black carpet with boards or pipes is not the arena for a new driver to never break.

If we want new drivers to break less: 25.5 spec and wide open Berm track with rubber tires.
I guess we will see how these new tires perform. When I used foam tires the only tires I ever chunked were cheap green compound. (only once ) The better European tires we used to buy purple , lilac never did and they lasted a very long time.
I agree the 25.5 motor is good for new people (and old like me)
You cant also beat 17.5 one cell either . I wish 1/10 pancar was popular again .
Old 11-30-2017, 10:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LJH View Post
I have a question?

I do not race but I run my car on a course I make up on two adjacent tennis courts and enjoy going out and burning a couple packs doing hot laps. The tennis courts get quite dusty and are pretty darn slippery. I have tried three types of tires so far, Gravity USGT's, Ride 26MM Radials, and Tamiya Super Grips. The Gravity's are like running on ice, the Ride's are OK, and the Tamiya's are slightly better then the Rides but are substantially more expensive and, while I do not have a lot of runs on them, seem like they are not going to last long at all.

Do you think trying something like these foams would be an option or not?

P.S. not interested in saucing etc.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jim

Mine should arrive tomorrow. I’m 6 months away from racing again. So it’s cold, unprepared pavement for now. I’ve been running the Gravity USGT Tires in these conditions for 2 months. Held up very well. Very curious how the foams compare.

I don’t use tire sauce either. Or have any real interest in it.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Mine should arrive tomorrow. Iím 6 months away from racing again. So itís cold, unprepared pavement for now. Iíve been running the Gravity USGT Tires in these conditions for 2 months. Held up very well. Very curious how the foams compare.

I donít use tire sauce either. Or have any real interest in it.
Might be good on your RWD Yokomo
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter View Post
Might be good on your RWD Yokomo
I’m curious if they will fit. Have feeling the offset will be still an issue. But it’s one of a few that I plan to try them on.

Edit.

Mine arrived today.

Last edited by Billy Kelly; 11-30-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Early 2000s we use to run double purple and purple (very hard foams). Those tires still chunked if you had a bad crash. I don't think any foam tire will be immune to chunking.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Good thing in Florida we only have one carpet track
Old 11-30-2017, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Yes and wheels still crack on rubber tires in bad wrecks...
Old 11-30-2017, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by noproblems209 View Post
Yes and wheels still crack on rubber tires in bad wrecks...
That same crash would crack the rims on a foam tire. So you would have a chucked tire and a cracked rim.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.