Search
Like Tree402Likes

New Gravity Foam spec tire

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet
There is this false fear that truing tires is a bad thing. Been doing it for 30 Years in 1/12 and 1/8 nitro when I ran it. It’s a non issue. Kind of like a false flag. Everyone is jumping on this bogus theory. But hey don’t engage critical thinking.

I already solved my dilemma with TC foams. I just sold my TC and quit the class. Too much flipping whining. I’ll stick what 1/12. The longest lasting most successful class. Because FOAM.

Spending thousands on a fancy TC chassis to get artificially performance limited with rubber tires is like having a 4 cylinder in a z06 Vette truly ghey as hell.

Revoke your man cards...
Agreed, people like you who exclusively run mod should have a foam choice.
Old 12-22-2017, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

So preferring rubber tires because i think car setup should matter makes me less of a man? I'd be inclined to point out that foams with additive make even a garbage setup work for the first couple of minutes.......if replacing car setup with foams that make everything handle well isn't participation trophies than what is?????
nnick, Scott B, imprsme and 2 others like this.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Listening to chicken-dxx on RC Tech wax poetic about the benefits of rubber tires.

And hacks that run 17.5 rubber classes.

And sandbaggers that run rubber tires classes.

And guys that can’t run real classes cause they cant bear the thought of not winning their participation trophy.

And TC classes that have devolved into all rubber tire slow classes for said participation trophies.

Again skater-deeznuts, tell me how foam is about participation trophies?
Old 12-22-2017, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skater-deez1
So preferring rubber tires because i think car setup should matter makes me less of a man? I'd be inclined to point out that foams with additive make even a garbage setup work for the first couple of minutes.......if replacing car setup with foams that make everything handle well isn't participation trophies than what is?????
huge misconception that Foam tires don't need as much set-up effort. A poor set-up foam car is drive-able, but not fast. A poor set-up rubber car is a handful at best..... Both forms need a good set-up to be fast, one just has a wider sweet spot for those still learning to tune.

Last edited by miller tyme; 12-23-2017 at 03:58 AM.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

There is this false fear that truing tires is a bad thing. Been doing it for 30 Years in 1/12 and 1/8 nitro when I ran it. It’s a non issue. Kind of like a false flag. Everyone is jumping on this bogus theory. But hey don’t engage critical thinking.

I already solved my dilemma with TC foams. I just sold my TC and quit the class. Too much flipping whining. I’ll stick what 1/12. The longest lasting most successful class. Because FOAM....
You do realise there's an entire thread on here about trying to get rubber tyres for 1/12!

Adding tyre trueing to the TC world will not improve things.
If TC's became as finicky as 1/12 when it came to the trueing (and lets be honest, whilst the grip etc in 1/12 is great, messing about with the foams is the worst part about running them), and the changes required, when running foam then the class would probably die, or at least drop in numbers even more.
If foams were the miracle answer then most 1/12 racing in the US would use something more powerful than 17.5 motors.
skater-deez1 likes this.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Again ridiculous. Nothing finicky about 1/12.
Just lazy people that don’t want to learn how to setup A car properly.

You act as thought truing is so difficult.

Just making excuses.

And the 1/12 rubber tire thread is equally as ridiculous
as you rubber guys bitching about foam on this thread.

But have at it you’re welcome to join the bully pulpit
Of the rest of the guys whining about wanting to keep
Rubber tires. My point is proven. It’s chickenshit.
And this group think small minded mentality is hilarious.

Have fun with it. Like I said I’m done spending money on fancy chassis and stuff only to instantly degrade its performance with a subpar tire.
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Old 12-23-2017, 02:06 AM
Tech Regular

I guess everybody has forgotten that touring cars started with rubber tires. Looks as though history is bound to repeat itself.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

---
Old 12-23-2017, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Again ridiculous. Nothing finicky about 1/12.
Just lazy people that don’t want to learn how to setup A car properly.

You act as thought truing is so difficult.

Not difficult, just wasteful and expensive.
If running foams on TC goes the way of the other smaller scale foam classes you reach a point where tyres are only good for a couple of runs etc.

Just making excuses.

No, just simple logic

And the 1/12 rubber tire thread is equally as ridiculous
as you rubber guys bitching about foam on this thread.

I don't agree with rubber tyres on 1/12's, but I am unsure about everyone going foams on TC's, especially as the bigger classes are crap Stock ones. We don't need foams in blinky classes

But have at it you’re welcome to join the bully pulpit
Of the rest of the guys whining about wanting to keep
Rubber tires. My point is proven. It’s chickenshit.
And this group think small minded mentality is hilarious.

'Bully Pulpit' I think you're confusing bullies with sensible people with well thought out arguments based on experience. Including the top drivers (definitely not myself) who've been through all this before.

Have fun with it. Like I said I’m done spending money on fancy chassis and stuff only to instantly degrade its performance with a subpar tire.

Sounds like you need to run on better rubber tyres
Old 12-23-2017, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Old 12-23-2017, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

I start by saying I like rubber tire classes USVTA,USGT . I just thought that Rubber 17.5 is too based on getting the perfect setup . Basically it seems like its 5/8 ths. Won in the pits. best of everything needed .
No need to apply if you don't have or can't buy a Awsomatix , T4 18, serpent ect. Foams could make things a little more equal .
Oh well no worries . There are other classes to race .
Antimullet likes this.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Thumbs down

How can i both lose my man card and be a lazy bully because i like rubber tires? It's discussions with people that act like 5 year olds that makes me long for the days where everyone here wasn't so damn sensitive.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skater-deez1
How can i both lose my man card and be a lazy bully because i like rubber tires? It's discussions with people that act like 5 year olds that makes me long for the days where everyone here wasn't so damn sensitive.
I’ll fix all of the dilemma about foam tires and rubber tires
Attached Thumbnails New Gravity Foam spec tire-28035de5-7efc-4c51-b2dc-1a1391173a14.jpeg  
Old 12-23-2017, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Dang it Marcos! That’s the third time in less than a day someone got me on that. Lol

Skater-deez and Skiddins, - sorry guys I’m just messing with people. Nothing meant personnel. I would just like to see foam tried once again without all the negativity about them. Who knows maybe the younger generations would like to mess with foams. I always enjoyed it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.