Like Tree54Likes

Which F1 for 2018?

Old 11-30-2017, 05:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thankfully Frank... While CRC won Cleveland, Brent's Roche Evo was quicker. This was the only class where Andrew was slower on hot lap.. but due to driving talent, won.

Roche Rapide F1 Evo should be available again mid-December
Old 11-30-2017, 06:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you are looking for a car for rubber tire and carpet you will have a tough choice. From the mix at the Indoor Champs you wouldn't get an answer. There were 60 entries and after 3 rounds over 30 of those cars were just over a lap apart. I didn't look at the final results from qualifying but it probably got closer. I would just suggest what is common in your area and has the best part support. I will make a case for the CRC as the most adjustable.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Well, much to my pleasure there were just 3 cars making 22 laps at the Indoor champs...
CRC - Roche - Fenix Mistral...
Of course a lot of credit goes to the respective drivers and due the much respect owed to the other names involved but having a Fenix there... it make my day!
Old 11-30-2017, 10:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Giorgio View Post
Well, much to my pleasure there were just 3 cars making 22 laps at the Indoor champs...
CRC - Roche - Fenix Mistral...
Of course a lot of credit goes to the respective drivers and due the much respect owed to the other names involved but having a Fenix there... it make my day!
Chris has the fenix mistral car working really well. he is a very talented driver. I watched him run the car last night and man that car is dialed
Old 11-30-2017, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Thankfully Frank... While CRC won Cleveland, Brent's Roche Evo was quicker. This was the only class where Andrew was slower on hot lap.. but due to driving talent, won.

Roche Rapide F1 Evo should be available again mid-December
Brent's lap in the main was a bit quicker for sure, he was hauling the mail. Andrew's lap from round 2 was the quickest by a decent margin. If I had a dollar for every time a CRC car had a faster lap in the main and lost, I could retire. For sure, Brent ran great, he got faster all weekend, congrats on a good result. Lots of good cars out there, just need to get more to come out and have fun with RC.

I do not post on the forums often. I chimed in just to remind the forum members here that the CRC F1 is solid as well. Counting last year's Cleveland race, this year's Vegas and Cleveland, the CRC WTF-1 has led almost every lap from practice on in 4 different drivers hands.
Jack Smash and scirocco14 like this.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Just a note: Crc is talking about Black Carpet races
Old 11-30-2017, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team CRC View Post
Brent's lap in the main was a bit quicker for sure, he was hauling the mail. Andrew's lap from round 2 was the quickest by a decent margin. If I had a dollar for every time a CRC car had a faster lap in the main and lost, I could retire. For sure, Brent ran great, he got faster all weekend, congrats on a good result. Lots of good cars out there, just need to get more to come out and have fun with RC.

I do not post on the forums often. I chimed in just to remind the forum members here that the CRC F1 is solid as well. Counting last year's Cleveland race, this year's Vegas and Cleveland, the CRC WTF-1 has led almost every lap from practice on in 4 different drivers hands.
I run an Xray and will tell you that the CRC's are really good. Probably the best dollar for dollar. Good job on the car Frank, it has got a lot better since the skinny chassis I had.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I Finally just got around in building my TRG 117 its been sitting around for 10 months. Anyone has experience running this chassis?
aracefan likes this.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Roche it is !
Old 12-04-2017, 07:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
I Finally just got around in building my TRG 117 its been sitting around for 10 months. Anyone has experience running this chassis?
No but when you do run it please share some info! it looks amazing
Old 12-04-2017, 07:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
I have on a black carpet. Just be aware that the I-bar 5mm pivots built as per instructions will delaminate where it connects to the rear pod if you crash or slam walls.

I added a 0.5mm 1/12 asc bulkhead spacer under the 2 pivot balls that connect the pod to prevent this from happening.

On a large outdoor track this should not be a problem.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

I will be racing outdoor asphalt.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jorge T View Post
I have on a black carpet. Just be aware that the I-bar 5mm pivots built as per instructions will delaminate where it connects to the rear pod if you crash or slam walls.

I added a 0.5mm 1/12 asc bulkhead spacer under the 2 pivot balls that connect the pod to prevent this from happening.

On a large outdoor track this should not be a problem.
Hows the car handling compared to other F1?
Old 12-11-2017, 06:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by old_dude View Post
If you are looking for a car for rubber tire and carpet you will have a tough choice. From the mix at the Indoor Champs you wouldn't get an answer. There were 60 entries and after 3 rounds over 30 of those cars were just over a lap apart. I didn't look at the final results from qualifying but it probably got closer. I would just suggest what is common in your area and has the best part support. I will make a case for the CRC as the most adjustable.
I did look at the final qualifying results. The top 3 cars made 22 lap runs the number 34 qualifier made a 21 lap run. I remember when there was 3 laps between number 1 and 10. Now it is super competitive.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Originally Posted by Team CRC View Post
Brent's lap in the main was a bit quicker for sure, he was hauling the mail. Andrew's lap from round 2 was the quickest by a decent margin.

It's common for a leader to back off in the main to protect the lead...running only fast enough to bring home the win.

I didn't attend the race...I merely went back and viewed the data available at U.S. Indoor Champs :: 2017 U.S. Indoor Championships :: LiveRC

When you compare apples to apples (i.e. hot laps in qualifiers), the data paints quite a different picture and doesn't support a contention that the Roche chassis produces quicker laps than the CRC.
evostyle likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service