Like Tree54Likes

Which F1 for 2018?

Reply

Old 11-22-2017, 02:05 PM
  #46  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (57)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Posts: 2,752
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

I ran the F6 with a McFactory aluminum chassis. Car was dialed on crc high grip.
Antimullet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:04 AM
  #47  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 952
Default

Originally Posted by thilo-alexander View Post
Hows about a Shepherd Velox F1 2018 ?

Shepherd - Velox F1
This looks like a really nice kit. Includes wings and body, comes in black or blue anodized finish and more importantly it looks very refined.
DavidNERODease is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 10:21 PM
  #48  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
josecarlo1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas/ Bahrain
Posts: 434
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

TRG117
G-rem likes this.
josecarlo1129 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 01:41 PM
  #49  
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,994
Default

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz View Post
Gidday JayL,

Sounds like you have quite a bit of experience with the Ride and Volante tires. Can you please expand on some of your findings with regards to these tires on asphalt?

Thanks very much
Michael Jones
New Zealand
asphalt, unsealed:


Rear:


Ride R1 rear have most rear grip without making the car push

the Ride GR wear out FAST and they are alittle too stuck at the limit, the R1 still have grip but are a tad more free, they don't slide they just rotate under grip better

The Shimizu rears squirm under power and in corner , to me, they need a tiny thicker insert

the Volante soft rears are in between Ride Gr rear and Ride R1 rear, good grip but just slightly less free/rotation also slightly more twitchy than Ride r1

The volante medium rear are a big step less grip than the soft



Fronts:

for me the Ride GR front have the most steering without being twitchy, very smooth

I have only tried volante medium fronts, no steering

Shimizu 571/574 are both a tad twitchy for me

Ride R1 push city

ride Xr in between r1 and GR

The shimizu have more steering than the GR but I use a higher downforce front wing to balance. I have every wing I can find and I can't find one that calms the Shimizu but still has steering like the GR


my fav wings for perfect balance with GR front and R1 rear:
front AE or Zen wide Z5004B
rear xray 2015
lagcisco and G-rem like this.
JayL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:38 PM
  #50  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (9)
 
RonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 249
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JayL View Post
asphalt, unsealed:


Rear:


Ride R1 rear have most rear grip without making the car push

the Ride GR wear out FAST and they are alittle too stuck at the limit, the R1 still have grip but are a tad more free, they don't slide they just rotate under grip better

The Shimizu rears squirm under power and in corner , to me, they need a tiny thicker insert

the Volante soft rears are in between Ride Gr rear and Ride R1 rear, good grip but just slightly less free/rotation also slightly more twitchy than Ride r1

The volante medium rear are a big step less grip than the soft



Fronts:

for me the Ride GR front have the most steering without being twitchy, very smooth

I have only tried volante medium fronts, no steering

Shimizu 571/574 are both a tad twitchy for me

Ride R1 push city

ride Xr in between r1 and GR

The shimizu have more steering than the GR but I use a higher downforce front wing to balance. I have every wing I can find and I can't find one that calms the Shimizu but still has steering like the GR


my fav wings for perfect balance with GR front and R1 rear:
front AE or Zen wide Z5004B
rear xray 2015
Good modern info regarding tires. Be nice if there was a comparison thread for the tires currently in use. I know the ride shimizu thread here on rctech, but an all inclusive thread would be awesome. Granted, a racers location/setup/car makes a difference in results.
RonF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:59 AM
  #51  
Tech Master
 
vr01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Proud Qld'er in Sydney
Posts: 1,055
Default

Originally Posted by JayL View Post
asphalt, unsealed:


Rear:


Ride R1 rear have most rear grip without making the car push

the Ride GR wear out FAST and they are alittle too stuck at the limit, the R1 still have grip but are a tad more free, they don't slide they just rotate under grip better

The Shimizu rears squirm under power and in corner , to me, they need a tiny thicker insert

the Volante soft rears are in between Ride Gr rear and Ride R1 rear, good grip but just slightly less free/rotation also slightly more twitchy than Ride r1

The volante medium rear are a big step less grip than the soft



Fronts:

for me the Ride GR front have the most steering without being twitchy, very smooth

I have only tried volante medium fronts, no steering

Shimizu 571/574 are both a tad twitchy for me

Ride R1 push city

ride Xr in between r1 and GR

The shimizu have more steering than the GR but I use a higher downforce front wing to balance. I have every wing I can find and I can't find one that calms the Shimizu but still has steering like the GR


my fav wings for perfect balance with GR front and R1 rear:
front AE or Zen wide Z5004B
rear xray 2015
Thanks Jay, really helpful. Lines up with my own experience with the tyres I have tried. Now I have some good info on the ones I haven't...

Have you tried the Ride GR-X? I have some fronts to try together with GR rears on a low grip surface.
vr01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:09 AM
  #52  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 18
Default CRC

The CRC just won the In Door Champs in Cleveland.
Team CRC likes this.
Racer649 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:54 PM
  #53  
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,994
Default

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz View Post
Gidday JayL,

Sounds like you have quite a bit of experience with the Ride and Volante tires. Can you please expand on some of your findings with regards to these tires on asphalt?

Thanks very much
Michael Jones
New Zealand
Originally Posted by vr01 View Post
Thanks Jay, really helpful. Lines up with my own experience with the tyres I have tried. Now I have some good info on the ones I haven't...

Have you tried the Ride GR-X? I have some fronts to try together with GR rears on a low grip surface.
GR-X yes

They work well when it is super hot, track temp 140+. They are harder than the regular GR. Even then I don't always prefer them over the regular GR, I may just not sauce the GR
JayL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:00 PM
  #54  
Tech Addict
 
Tim Neja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orange County California
Posts: 584
Default

Where to get the Ride tires?
Tim Neja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:22 PM
  #55  
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,994
Default

https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod...no=1&o_pg_no=1


https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?s=ride+gr


The hudy tires are also same as ride GR

People claim the insert is different, but I have run both, same...maybe the insert is the same feel but different color lol
JayL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:49 PM
  #56  
Tech Addict
 
Tim Neja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orange County California
Posts: 584
Default

Thanks You mentioned the R-1 compound. I could not find that either place? Only the GR.
Whoop--- I see them at TQ.
Tim Neja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:01 PM
  #57  
Tech Apprentice
 
landau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tx/Tokyo
Posts: 67
Default

I think fastest F1 is SAI, but it is for supper expert only. F1 Body also SAI is lightest.
https://item.fril.jp/30411520b916bf18d637ffff34b8d458
I'm not sure it is imported to US or not. Central RC or Cristian (RSD) knows it, maybe.
landau is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:22 PM
  #58  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 252
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Racer649 View Post
The CRC just won the In Door Champs in Cleveland.
Like button for that! Thanks for the mention.

Let's see, the CRC WTF-1 won Cleveland last year (first through 7th), second to Yokomo at the Snowbirds in 2017. A couple months ago we won the Vegas race by a mile and just T.Q.ed and won the 2017 version of the Cleveland race putting 4 WTF-1 cars in the main included 1st and 3rd. All for about $75 - 100 less than the competition! Durable, affordable and fast!

Ok, so we are a little biased on our vote for the CRC car. :-)
robk and ASM like this.
Team CRC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:02 AM
  #59  
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,994
Default

Originally Posted by Tim Neja View Post
Thanks You mentioned the R-1 compound. I could not find that either place? Only the GR.
Whoop--- I see them at TQ.
https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod....asp?p_id=4742

Just to be clear about the exact tire I mention
JayL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:49 PM
  #60  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
KINGZJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South Milwaukee,WISCONSIN
Posts: 2,219
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I love my fenix. Still getting back to running carpet from a 15 year hiatus from carpet. Every time out the car gets faster. 2 practice days and 1 race day and I am now able to hit lap times with 1 second of the one they call dirty. Still can't keep up with his fenix but getting closer.
Giorgio likes this.
KINGZJ is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service