Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help - Nikko turbo panther x2

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 12:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help - Nikko turbo panther x2

Hi all, I dont know alot about rc cars myself, but I was driving my Nikko turbo panther x2 through a puddle a couple of times, and then the thing stopped working. I let it dry out, and then it would not turn on. Now im not a very technical guy when it comes to rc cars, but i unscrewed the top and took it off, I know something is working because when i turn on the car with the battery in it, the lights come on and on the motherboard, a small red light comes on, so i know its not the battery. I tried drying it off as much as I could with a hair dryer and still nothing. Could it be the motherboard that is completely waterlogged? Or could it be the motor? Somebody please help I've been working on this for 3 days trying to figure whats wrong with it, and everybody on these forums are using wayyy too advanced terms for me to understand lol
Old 06-05-2018, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I guess the simple way to explain it is:

water + electronics = broken
Old 06-05-2018, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

time to get to work smitty. that rc was not a water proof rc .. you might be able to find a mother board but id change all that to a more modular system.. new radio new rx new esc and servo.. motor should be ok. you can check it out by using a D cell battery and connect motor wires to ends of battery. that should tell you if good or bad ,, DC motor is not really affected by water.good luck .might wanna just replace the truck..it would be cheaper