Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2018 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions! >

2018 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions!

Like Tree135Likes

2018 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions!

Old 05-11-2018, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What is the touring car spec tire availablity at Tamiya Track? Is there a pre-order procedure? Thanks
Old 05-11-2018, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yxiaocheng View Post
What is the touring car spec tire availablity at Tamiya Track? Is there a pre-order procedure? Thanks

Tires will be available for purchase during driver registration. Look at the tire section at the link below.

http://www.reedyrace.com/2018/onroad/rules.html
Old 05-14-2018, 09:53 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Anyone needing a room for reedy I have a good friend that has a room Wed-Monday hes wanting to split with someone.

EA
Old 05-15-2018, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by F N CUDA View Post
Nah, I don't think anyone waiting should go on the day of the race
Should really just come later and watch lol
A few years ago I was 10th on the wait list starting practice. I was allowed to run in the practice rounds but got bumped on qualifying. They took 9 from the wait list and I was 10th. At least I got 2 days of track time for free.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys, anyone know if I show up on Friday I'd still have time to run my car before qualifying ? or do I have to be there thurs to get motor checked, etc ? I'd like to not take as much day off from work as possible
Old 05-15-2018, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by forsaken View Post
Hey guys, anyone know if I show up on Friday I'd still have time to run my car before qualifying ? or do I have to be there thurs to get motor checked, etc ? I'd like to not take as much day off from work as possible
Only practice Friday looks to be the Open class.

Dates - Reedy International TC Race of Champions
Old 05-16-2018, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by forsaken View Post
There will be some time to run before qualifying (see posted schedule) but it will be tight to get your motor teched. I can't guarantee that we can get this done in time. And to make matters worse, you will miss Thursday "seeding" practice which means you will be in the first heat or your class which makes things even tighter.

If there is any way to send a motor to the track on Wed. or Thursday, it can be teched and waiting for you on Friday.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Hey is there still time to ban from the big race white spray bomb bodies??
Old 05-20-2018, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Hey is there still time to ban from the big race white spray bomb bodies??
Considering the amount of awesome bodies coming out of the guys on FB - the one color rattle-can might be more unique! Im not worthy to rock more than one color paint.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
Considering the amount of awesome bodies coming out of the guys on FB - the one color rattle-can might be more unique! Im not worthy to rock more than one color paint.
No worries Mark! I'll fix yours with my bingo daubers!

Old 05-21-2018, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
There will be some time to run before qualifying (see posted schedule) but it will be tight to get your motor teched. I can't guarantee that we can get this done in time. And to make matters worse, you will miss Thursday "seeding" practice which means you will be in the first heat or your class which makes things even tighter.

If there is any way to send a motor to the track on Wed. or Thursday, it can be teched and waiting for you on Friday.
How many seeding practice rounds will each class run?
Old 05-22-2018, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tbrymer View Post
How many seeding practice rounds will each class run?
There are two seeding rounds.

And I gave wrong info in a prior post. There are four controlled practice runs on Thursday. The two seeding rounds will be Friday morning followed by the first round of qualifying.
lbckevin and KenGerb like this.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

For the past few years we are very proud to have been able to bring the historic Reedy Race of Champions back to the beautiful Tamiya America Raceway where Mike loved to hold the event. Having the privilege to hold the event here requires us to set some strict rules and conditions that we need everyone to follow and we would like to remind everyone of these.

PARKING:
The number one issues is parking. Where the track is located requires us to use numerous areas for parking and it can only work if everyone takes part in following the rules. There are 3 main parking areas. You will see these highlighted on the map in YELLOW. These are the only spots that you are
allowed to park. The areas highlighted in PINK are ABSOLUTELY A NO PARKING AREA. The company who owns this area is open for business during our event and they need that space for their employees as well as deliveries during the days of our event. Also next to Orion Street is a Church. The church
parking lot is also a NO PARKING AREA. We ask that everyone please take note of this parking layout so that we have no problems with the surrounding business. The parking area directly behind the big tent housing the open class pit area will have some reserved pit areas for Reedy Race Staff and Sponsors.
We ask that everyone respect these reserved spaces and not park in them.

MOTOR INSPECTION FOR 17.5.
17.5 motors will be teched in advance, sealed, and marked. Each driver will be allowed to tech up to three motors for use over the course of the event. Drivers can tech up to two motors initially, then after each driver has run through the inspection process and teched at least one motor, a third motor may be teched. The inspection process will begin at 11AM on Wednesday, May 23rd. We encourage all racers who plan to check-in on Wednesday to be prepared to have their motor(s) inspected as well. To expedite the inspection process, motors must be removed from the vehicle before being presented to the inspector.

Once a motor has been deemed legal, it will be numbered and sealed. The inspection process will continue during the day on Thursday, time permitting. Be aware that only numbered and sealed motors are allowed beginning with Friday’s timed seeding rounds. If a driver presents a car to tech with a motor that has not been numbered and sealed, he will not be allowed to participate in that run. If the infraction is discovered in post-tech, the driver will be disqualified from that run. Any driver who tampers with a previously inspected motor will be disqualified from the event.

PIT SPACES:
I ask that anyone who wants to pit with other racers to please send me an email with the Subject: REEDY PITTING. to [email protected] Please include the names of the racers you want to pit with. Make sure the racers you list are not also listed to pit with other teams. I will do my best to accommodate all request received by 5-20-18.

EVENT INFORMATION:
Pits tables, chairs and electricity will be provided for each racer. You will need to bring your own POWER STRIPS!!! each year many racers forget this, and we just do not have enough to supply everyone, so please double check that you have one. There is no onsite hobby shop, so you will need to bring all the basics that you will need for the event. Motor spray, towels, extra parts etc. Tires will be for
sale at the event for $30 a set. We ask that you bring cash as the mobile Credit Card machine does not always work well in the location we are at.

SMOKING:
Smoking is only allowed outside the race track area near the loading area. We ask that everyone respect the Tamiya America Facility and smoke only in the designated area and throw all cigarette trash in the sand buckets provided and not on the ground.

BODIES:
With many racers now using lightweight bodies, the incidents of body tucks are far more prevalent and we want to inform everyone of our rules on this. It is each racers individual responsibility to prevent their own body from tucking. Aftermarket products such as the Protoform's Anti-Tuck Body Stiffeners #1721-00 are readily available and work very well to prevent tucks from happening. Also homemade solutions such as body post mounted to the rear shock towers have existed for years. Use of such devices is not mandatory but it is your decision if you choose not to use them and do so at your own risk. Rough driving penalties will be called out but incidental contacts resulting in body tucks will not be
enforced.

We look forward to seeing all of you next week and if you have any questions at all, please feel free to email me at [email protected] and I will be happy to help. Please note, starting Monday, I will be onsite and will not be able to answer emails promptly, but I will do my best to get to them each night. I wish everyone a great trip and look forward to having you all join us in remembering a great man and continuing his signature event, The 2018 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions.

mikeygar likes this.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Where would one follow along "online? with the action at Reedy??
Old 05-25-2018, 09:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tboned_2002 View Post
Where would one follow along "online? with the action at Reedy??
liverc I would guess

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service