R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   What's going on with the manufactering standards now of days? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/100207-whats-going-manufactering-standards-now-days.html)

dawgmeat 02-01-2006 06:56 PM

What's going on with the manufactering standards now of days?

I go to purchacse a top plate for my T2 come back home and the darn thing dosen't fit, I never had a tweak issue with my car but soon as I installed it my car was like a rocking chair :eek: I fix the problem just by enlarging the hole but thats beside the point. the plate only cost 25 buck but when you travel 75 miles to my LHS come to come back and it doesn't fit, it kinda get you hot, I have not had the rear toe issue with my T2 as other racers have posted. but it makes me wonder about companies standard for the quick buck first and quality second.

Maybe I should go back to model railroading :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speedo 02-01-2006 07:07 PM

While Xrays are still top notch cars, I think it's inevitable that their parts quality has taken a hit due to their massive popularity as of late.

protc3 02-01-2006 07:36 PM

the biggest problem i see in manufacturing today is that profits have taken over.i see everyday companies making there own product or having them made here and then try to increase there profits by farming out over seas.i have heard alot of recent horror stories about the problems with quality that are being experienced.sample parts are flawless and then the production parts are snowflakes.i cant speak for or say why xray is having these issues but i cant help but lean towards that.

ChrisP 02-01-2006 07:47 PM

ok....He just said that he bought a third party plate....and that the car went together...no toe issues..tweak free...until the new plate went on due to holes not lining up...

so....the kit standard was fine...problem with a third party part....how did that turn into bash Xray?

For starters, I'm guessing the third party in question, and if it is who I believeit to be, they have VERY approachable and helpful customer service, and a simple phone call would have likely gotten a new plate shipped out to you ASAP without you having to modify your component.

eforer 02-01-2006 07:56 PM

Wasn't a stiff pickle plate!

dakrat 02-01-2006 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisP
ok....He just said that he bought a third party plate....and that the car went together...no toe issues..tweak free...until the new plate went on due to holes not lining up...

so....the kit standard was fine...problem with a third party part....how did that turn into bash Xray?

For starters, I'm guessing the third party in question, and if it is who I believeit to be, they have VERY approachable and helpful customer service, and a simple phone call would have likely gotten a new plate shipped out to you ASAP without you having to modify your component.

it dont matter what party, if its got Xray name on the label its an xray part. the man is mad because he bought it for 25 bucks and traveled 75 miles on something that should fit. i know xray will replace the item but, not only his time was wasted, he would of miss the race the next day also.... you cant buy time.

chach 02-01-2006 08:09 PM

Another problem is that we have come to expect a certain level of quality from items, particularly the Xrays and Corallys of the world, and as each new year or model comes out, the flaws that we see in them are exponential. You will never get a kit and be 100% happy with it, the better the kit, the less flaws we will find, but we will harp on them longer. Then you have the case of everybody wanting the newest release, but when we hear about delays all the hate e-mail goes out and people get itchy in the seat. so it really is a catch 22 for some manufacturers, but hopefully not they way of the hobby in the future. The greatest asset to this hobby is all the smaller companies the BMI, Hyperform and so forth that put out great products on a consistent basis.

ChrisP 02-01-2006 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by dakrat
it dont matter what party, if its got Xray name on the label its an xray part. the man is mad because he bought it for 25 bucks and traveled 75 miles on something that should fit. i know xray will replace the item but, not only his time was wasted, he would of miss the race the next day also.... you cant buy time.

That's just it...

it's NOT an Xray part...

it is a part marketed to be used on the Xray T2 made by a 3rd party...marketed by a 3rd party without anything to DO with Xray....other than bolting on to the Xray chassis...no affiliation toXray whatsoever...

I can definitely understand the frustration, I just feel that the responses were misdirected

Twin-Kyle 02-01-2006 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by protc3
the biggest problem i see in manufacturing today is that profits have taken over.i see everyday companies making there own product or having them made here and then try to increase there profits by farming out over seas.i have heard alot of recent horror stories about the problems with quality that are being experienced.sample parts are flawless and then the production parts are snowflakes.

Don't get me started on this topic!!! : :flaming: China!! :flaming:

litespeed-dom 02-01-2006 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Twin-Kyle
Don't get me started on this topic!!! :flaming: :flaming: China!! :flaming: :flaming:

I would suggest you be careful with a comment like that.

Dom

Twin-Kyle 02-01-2006 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom

Dom

Jobs farmed out overseas,our jobs.I'm sure others on this forum can relate.
Please don't read anything else into it.

EAMotorsports 02-01-2006 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom

Dom

I agree...If it wasnt for countries like Japan and China we would not have half the technology we have today!! If most americans had the work ethics of those countries half the problems in the US would go away!!

EA

Twin-Kyle 02-01-2006 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
If most americans had the work ethics of those countries half the problems in the US would go away!!

EA

And your telling me to be careful??? :weird:

busman 02-01-2006 10:03 PM

Work ethic's, the cause is "UNIONS"! the union worker knows he can't get fired, right or wrong he may be, all they have to do is cry to the union, they can F@#$ off while the guys that do work, work, the union has outlived it's usefulness, look around and see how much good a union does when the company shuts down operations, happens all the time, pay attention, untill the workers start having to worry about losing their jobs because of not producing a fair days work they'll just keep bitching about sending jobs overseas.

TAKE PRIDE IN WORKING, AFTER ALL THATS WHAT MADE AMERICA WHAT IT IS TODAY, QUIT LIVING ON THE SHIRTTAILS OF OUR FATHERS SWEAT AND BLOOD.

WAKE UP YOU TOO CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE, TELL YOUR BUDDIES, AND THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE AN ASSHOLE SCREWING OFF ON THE JOB, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weaponx 02-01-2006 10:21 PM

The cause is not unions. Because there are lazy workers in non union enviroments as well. Those lazy workers (in non union jobs) dont have to worry about losing there job because they are the kiss ass brown nosers that suck up to the supervisors. And when you talk about a fair days work, dont forget about the other part, in case your not sure what that is. It is a fair days pay. Jobs are going overseas because of corporate greed.
Unions have nothing to do with a persons work ethics. Individuals either have good work ethics or they dont, the union has nothing to do with that. Let me guess you are a supervisor somewhere, correct? And yes I am part of a union and damn proud of it.
And let me end this by saying if unions have outlived there usefulness lets just disband the United States while we are at it. Because after all that is riding on the shirt tails of our fathers blood and sweat. Because the last time I checked the United States was a union.