R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-02-2006, 12:20 AM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow-this thread deteriorated in a hurry.I would like to know if the part dawgmeat bought was a genuine Xray part or aftermarket(he didn't say).I didn't think Xray had any parts that were only $25!

The intersting thing is that busman and weaponx are BOTH right.Unions have gone too far,and so has management.I am fiercly capitalistic but the truth is that what unions really do is allow rank and file labor to be as wasteful and unproductive as management.It's true that we are in a decline but the problem is social.No one here wants to study engineering,math,or science because in the business world and generally in the population those that do are considered "geeks" and get no respect.Hands on work of any kind gets no respect from far to many americans,and it was a great source of pride not too long ago.Everyone goes to college to get a degree in business and thinks that they can make middle management in a few years and be set,but their jobs are no more secure than factory workers.No one below the executive level is safe.Used to be in america that you could work your way up from the factory floor to the boardroom,by your own ability and competence,know the business inside and out-but not any more.At the executive level now if you screw up you get promoted out of your position,and you get to pay yourself a bonus even if the company loses money,or closes plants.Especially if it closes plants.They always get paid.American corporate culture and current american social values are the real problem.The best corporate jobs in america today,both labor and management,are with foreign companies! If you want money,pride in your work and job security you have to go out and make it yourself.
DrOlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:52 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

see the problem lays with the original manufacturer it's quite clear that people have had issues with the new xray.

does not matter where the product is made, it's the company that takes charge on quality issues.

china & the hole of asia does a fine job of manufacturing so don't put the blame on them cause they happen to do a better job than you.

chinese & japanese people are some of the most polite people i have ever meet.

if you wanna go flaming people start with your president
flysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:57 AM   #18
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to eforer

I blame those Damned Dirty Apes! Always making us live in a distopian future. Bastards!
Old 02-02-2006, 04:22 AM   #19
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i do not blame the chinese people.it is the corperate greed over here with our bigwigs who do not care about our economy because they are the last to be effected by it.there are barely any regulations over in china in manufacturing and the shops are government funded.employee wages are dirt and the employees live at the factories all expenses paid.how can we compete with that.i am not bashing xray or any other companies rc related.xray was brought up so i used them as an example.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:28 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last edited by flysti; 02-02-2006 at 05:47 AM.
flysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:50 AM   #21
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOlds
Wow-this thread deteriorated in a hurry.I would like to know if the part dawgmeat bought was a genuine Xray part or aftermarket(he didn't say).I didn't think Xray had any parts that were only $25!

The intersting thing is that busman and weaponx are BOTH right.Unions have gone too far,and so has management.I am fiercly capitalistic but the truth is that what unions really do is allow rank and file labor to be as wasteful and unproductive as management.It's true that we are in a decline but the problem is social.No one here wants to study engineering,math,or science because in the business world and generally in the population those that do are considered "geeks" and get no respect.Hands on work of any kind gets no respect from far to many americans,and it was a great source of pride not too long ago.Everyone goes to college to get a degree in business and thinks that they can make middle management in a few years and be set,but their jobs are no more secure than factory workers.No one below the executive level is safe.Used to be in america that you could work your way up from the factory floor to the boardroom,by your own ability and competence,know the business inside and out-but not any more.At the executive level now if you screw up you get promoted out of your position,and you get to pay yourself a bonus even if the company loses money,or closes plants.Especially if it closes plants.They always get paid.American corporate culture and current american social values are the real problem.The best corporate jobs in america today,both labor and management,are with foreign companies! If you want money,pride in your work and job security you have to go out and make it yourself.
WELL SAID!

bye note, look where the union helped air traffic controllers, Weyehauser employees across the states, look around at whats going on, like I said, It's up to us to help ourselves, Be it unionized or not, we as americans need to step up and work smarter and harder.
busman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:50 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat
I go to purchacse a top plate for my T2 come back home and the darn thing dosen't fit, I never had a tweak issue with my car but soon as I installed it my car was like a rocking chair. I fix the problem just by enlarging the hole but thats beside the point. the plate only cost 25 buck but when you travel 75 miles to my LHS come to come back and it doesn't fit, it kinda get you hot, I have not had the rear toe issue with my T2 as other racers have posted. but it makes me wonder about companies standard for the quick buck first and quality second.

Maybe I should go back to model railroading.
Was it a replacement top deck manufactured by XRAY, or an aftermarket deck manufactured by a different company?
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:01 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgp
Was it a replacement top deck manufactured by XRAY, or an aftermarket deck manufactured by a different company?

aftermarket I didn't name the company because they do make good products, this part I guess was a bad batch
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:06 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgp

Replacement top deck ?????????????????? that would mean I would have spare parts
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:39 AM   #25
Tech Elite

if it was cnc'd then they don't have a bad batch. they have something else wrong. The programming doesn't change (?) unless they change it.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:54 AM   #26
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

If Xray made a product that was flawed, (ie.. bulkheads misaligned) and an aftermarket company used a flawed product to design their part.... do the math. Since not everyone is experiencing the problem with misalignment, if you bolt on a flawed aftermarket product (flawed because of the OEM manufactures mistakes) your car will tweak. Dominoes anyone?
Old 02-02-2006, 09:28 AM   #27
Tech Regular

Dumb Question here, How did you break the top deck?
chach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:52 AM   #28
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

If that is aftermarket, then blaiming XRAY is not fair......but I am sure there are things that might not be perfect from XRAY too, all you have to do is a phone call to RCAmerica, I am sure, they will take care of that (send you a replacement upper deck) within days.......but in this case, it is not RCA or Xray problem....so contact that company and ask for a replacement, drilling a hole bigger to take care the problem is NOT a solution...

About blaiming parts that made in China or TW or whereever........that is just BOLD. I am sure if 1 day, someone is RICH enough, create his own brand of RC cars and parts, and ensure that all his RC parts and products are carefully inspected and manufactured under his own inspection and under the full union workers in USA, that RC car will cost $3000 USD, each 3.9mm carpet use carbon fiber chassis will be $1284 and each Titanimum screw will be ONLY $38.95 each........

Now...if there is SUCH a car and parts like that, will YOU be the DIE-HARD fans that will gave up couple months of your sallary for a little toy car that will cost you $500-800 per weekend just to replace broken parts...? Not to mention.....$289.99 for 2 pairs of foam that you have to true 30% of the foam off in order to prevent traction roll.....just my 2 cents.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:13 AM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chach
Dumb Question here, How did you break the top deck?
Hmmm....probably not broken...I mean....the guys out here aren't calling it "Tweak-Ray" for nothing right???? LOL

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
About blaiming parts that made in China or TW or whereever........that is just BOLD. I am sure if 1 day, someone is RICH enough, create his own brand of RC cars and parts, and ensure that all his RC parts and products are carefully inspected and manufactured under his own inspection and under the full union workers in USA, that RC car will cost $3000 USD, each 3.9mm carpet use carbon fiber chassis will be $1284 and each Titanimum screw will be ONLY $38.95 each........

Now...if there is SUCH a car and parts like that, will YOU be the DIE-HARD fans that will gave up couple months of your sallary for a little toy car that will cost you $500-800 per weekend just to replace broken parts...? Not to mention.....$289.99 for 2 pairs of foam that you have to true 30% of the foam off in order to prevent traction roll.....just my 2 cents.
Amen! Solara, as an Economist I fully back up your statments. Outsourcing makes things more affordable for everyone.